It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tavis Smiley On C-Span
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:21 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Just finished watching a wonderful forum, moderated by Tavis Smiley. It's a rather long one, topping the three hour mark. However, the topics they discuss, will keep your interest, all the way through the video. One of my favorite speakers, is Cornel West, a professor out of Princeton University. His insight and intelligence, regarding domestic and foreign affairs, is simply second to none. He's been a guest on Democracy Now, quite a few times with Amy Goodman.

...it's one of the better videos I've seen lately.

Enjoy!! 8)

"Is There a Brighter Future for the Next Generation?"
Tavis Smiley Presents

American Talk Show Host Tavis Smiley moderated a panel discussion titled “America’s Next Chapter,” in Washington D.C. this evening. The forum focused on the future challenges facing America, including energy independence, job creation, the economy as well as education and health care reform.

Notable speakers included Cornel West, Dana Milbank of the Washington Post, Arianna Huffington, CNBC’s Maria Bartiromo, former presidential speech writer David Frum and others. The George Washington University in Washington, DC hosted this event.

Yesterday, Mr. Smiley discussed issues facing the next generation, such as education and joblessness on C SPAN’s Washington Journal. He also talked about the Tucson, Arizona shooting that killed six people and injured Representative Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ), along with 13 others.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Is-There-a ... 7418885-1/