It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Age + Rock + a "whole lotta dynamic range"
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:20 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Again, a special thanks, goes out to Crimson Eagle, for his wonderful link to this piece. I haven't heard this song, in at least 10 years!!

Your link is definitely bookmarked!!

(it even gave me 6-7 returns on this song) :D :bounce: :D

The group: Tangerine Dream, who helped inspire the great band Pink Floyd, in being one of my favorite bands of all time.

The song : Cloudburst Flight

You'll simply love, how this song takes off, then "dissipates," at the very end!! (at least I do) :D

If you have a Republican living next door, consider this song, as an eternal blessing, from "the dynamic range gods."

I guarantee you, they won't have one piece of silverware left on their kitchen table, if you have anything, that resembles a decent sound system.

Personally, a pair of Velodyne subwoofers, along with your favorite other speakers, will give your "right winged wingnuts," a warm "progressive welcome."

...at least it's worked for me!!

I hope you enjoy, and thanks again CE for the link!!

http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/search? ... ne%20dream

Post subject: Re: New Age + Rock + a "whole lotta dynamic range"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:27 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Lol, I have to say that I don't think that have ever heard music quite like this. Odd reaction on my part. Combination of cool and weird at the same time?

I think you hit the nail on the head with dynamic range. I've only listened to a few songs up to this point. Some of them seem almost haunting....kind of reminds me of a synthesized version of some Native American music I have heard and I enjoy.

Lol, then there were a couple that made me think of dropping acid, lol.

Glad you like the link:) No need to thank me though. Thank this ancient computer or the horrible internet connection I have that wouldn't allow me to listen to music from the other site:)

I'm also glad I found it though. Think of a group, type it in, hit play all and just sit back. Couldn't be easier.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject: Re: New Age + Rock + a "whole lotta dynamic range"
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:53 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

CrimsonEagle wrote:
Lol, I have to say that I don't think that have ever heard music quite like this. Odd reaction on my part. Combination of cool and weird at the same time?

I think you hit the nail on the head with dynamic range. I've only listened to a few songs up to this point. Some of them seem almost haunting....kind of reminds me of a synthesized version of some Native American music I have heard and I enjoy.

Lol, then there were a couple that made me think of dropping acid, lol.

Glad you like the link:) No need to thank me though. Thank this ancient computer or the horrible internet connection I have that wouldn't allow me to listen to music from the other site:)

I'm also glad I found it though. Think of a group, type it in, hit play all and just sit back. Couldn't be easier.

Yes CE and I love the site. It streams great!!

***Lol, then there were a couple that made me think of dropping acid, lol.***

I hear ya!! I love Tangerine Dream. Ya gotta be in "that mood," that's for sure. They're my legalized form of getting high anymore.

...but there WERE, those days in the past for me. God, I couldn't imagine going through those times again.

I have problems enough sometimes, with a caffeine buzz. :)

Have a great day!!

ELT