It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Price of Security
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:45 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The Price of Security on Discovery Sunday Sept. 10 at 8:00 p.m. est

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/koppel/koppel.html

While you are there click on the "Your Digital Footprint" link and see how much information is collected about you everyday.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:59 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

a recent poll at that web site you listed:

Is the Bush administration using the threat of terrorism or the terrorism alerts for political reasons, or not?
Yes — 49%
No — 45%
Don't Know/No Answer — 6%

evidently, more people need to be informed.

Will there be a time in the next ten years or so when the U.S. will have won the war on terrorism?
Yes — 23%
No — 69%
Don't Know/No Answer — 7%

seems to be right, but would possible negotiations with arab countries be a start in the right direction instead of just threatening them all?

Do you think Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the terrorist attacks on the Pentagon and the World Trade Center?
Yes — 38%
No — 53%
Don't Know — 8%

*sigh*....i find it hard to believe that 38% would STILL believe this after all that has been proven. this must be the die-hard bush base supporters who would follow him into the fire.

Do you believe the U.S.'s involvement in the war in Iraq is hurting or helping the war on terrorism?
Hurting — 54%
Helping — 40%
Don't know/no answer — 6%

40% actually think the war in iraq is helping...christ, we have alot of work ahead of us. what the hell is wrong with americans?? were they absent that much in school that this many are idiots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I have an ex-in-law who was raised in a liberal family. Has a college education. Was a teacher and a coach. Is now in sales for an insurance, retirement, investment firm (can't remember the name).

Loves Bush. Supports the war. Believes that Bush is keeping the terrorists "over there" and "not here". Believes Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9/11 even with all the evidence to prove otherwise.

He blames Al Gore for the high gasoline prices because "Gore blocks the government from drilling right here in the U.S." As if any Dem can block anything right now.

Now this man is no dummy. Atleast he didn't used to be. Even his own sister said to him the other day, "Where in the hell is this idiocy coming from? Our parents are probably rolling over in their graves."

He just laughs and shrugs and continues to believe in Bush and this war. He even has a signed picture of Georgie and Laura IN HIS LIVING ROOM like they are good buddies.

The only thing we can EVEN come up with is he listens to too much Liberal hate radio and goes to a church that promotes Bush and all his policies. He has to be easily brainwashed. To hate liberals is to hate his own family and what his own parents stood for.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:13 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

my mom also has a signed picture of bush...she always mentions it to me everytime i'm there. she also thinks like him and she also gets her ideas from her church.

but, she's 80 so i cut her a little slack. the churches are definately brainwashing people.

scary, ain't it? i mean, how could a priest lie to the people??? LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
but, she's 80 so i cut her a little slack. the churches are definately brainwashing people.

tsk,tsk. churches are not the reason for all evil or people believing the way they do. Hell, I actually started to believe some of the shit that was being talked about when this all started to happen. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

she attends a catholic church and tells me what her priest talks about...lol...she also watches that guy....lemme see if i can get his name right...father corraddi...or something like that.

i told her i was going to write to the IRS and complain that her church was discussing politics and how to vote and their tax-exempt status should be removed...lol

sheesh...she had a fit. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My husband goes to one of his professional websites which also includes a forum. (He's a lurker :roll: and just enjoys all of the different discussions that go on there). Last night, I heard my husband start to laugh loudly... He said, "Quick, come listen to this!"

Sure enough, it was Fred Phelps! He began to talk about how the "fags" had taken over our country, how Jon Stewart and Colbert were such horrible people, and he was quoting many bible verses from the Old Testament, etc....the guy is a fruitcake....We laughed and laughed at some of the bigoted and hateful things this preacher said. But we also realized that far too many people who heard him probably nodded their heads, agreeing with every word, saying "AMEN!" every five seconds.

Here's the link:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2006/09/0 ... t-mockery/

After you've listened to that, go to the Funny Forum and click on the link for the Farting Preacher.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Cat, people like that make me sick and the exact reason why some people think that Christrians are all crazy. They start using the church and God's name to blame all the woes of the world, instead of putting the blame where it rightly belongs.

Mga, if I was going to church and the priest started bringing politics into it, I would get up and walk out. The church or I should say the priest has no right to try and influence people based on their faith.

That is the reason I know longer go to church and worship in my own way.

Quote:
i told her i was going to write to the IRS and complain that her church was discussing politics and how to vote and their tax-exempt status should be removed...lol

I know you made it in jest but, I have to agree with you. If the church is going to start telling people how they should vote, then it is a church in name only.