It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SUPPORTING THE TROOPS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SUPPORTING THE TROOPS

ABC’s News’ Bob Woodruff, who narrowly escaped death while reporting from the Iraq war, visits with a young Marine who also sustained a major brain injury. Although rehabilitation is vital to the Marine’s recovery, the VA has refused treatment for half of the critical first year.

WATCH THE VIDEO AT THE LINK.

THIS COMMENT IS ALSO AT THE LINK:

Quote:
This one caught me unprepared and I burst into tears. It’s close to home. I already commented on my own site about the soldiers coming home with brain injuries. Don’t Miss Part Two: What Iraq Veterans Face http://www.civilgideon.com/portal/index.php/site/comm ents/dont_miss_part_two_what_iraq_veterans_face/.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hey perhaps this is wrong with Bush- He has a TBI. :lol: :| :cry:
I guess that being a leader doesn't mean you have to be smart, but it sure as hell doesn't mean that you are brain damaged, but still able to lead!

I tried the video, but it didn't work. There was a post for another vid though. Part 2-
(http://www.civilgideon.com/portal/index.php/site/comm ents/dont_miss_part_two_what_iraq_veterans_face/).

Check this site out. there are so many great leads to this story here.

Quote:
Go back to ”Part One: Where Are the Lawyers?” again, where Robert Scheer of Truthdig asks:

“… where are your colleagues on all this?”

and the answer is:

De la Vega: “I don’t know where everybody is. I wish I could answer that. But I do know that I’ve been traveling around the country a little bit lately and I think that people are really rearing to go. And nobody, nobody knows what to do.”

My personal take ... “stalling” and “nobody knows what to do” apparently means justifying not doing anything until the damage is done on a lot of fronts, not just regarding the context of these two articles. There’s an agenda in all this, that I see and understand, yet I’m still hard pressed to put the pieces in a sentence or paragraph order to describe to someone thinking “inside the box.”

One paragraph in particular caught my eye (direct link):

Bomb blasts are the most common cause of injury in Iraq, and nearly 60 percent of the blast victims also suffer from traumatic brain injury, according to Walter Reed’s studies, which explains why some at Mologne House wander the hallways trying to remember their room numbers.

This story is getting bigger and badder every time one reads about it. Does our government really not care that much about our soldiers. Should that yellow ribbon that people put on their cars be seen as a sign of cowardice and indifference on our leaders part of follow up on their commitment to "Support The Troops"?

Quote:
Traumatic Brain Injury caused my Aphasia.........<snip>

Of course, we are simply labeled “confused and lacking in insight” or thought of as “the stupid mob” as repeatedly reflected by the political, legal, and judicial communities. But I point out,

The reason we have the Mighty Oak is because a Nut stood its ground.

Never give up, no matter what they say or do to you. Eventually by clinging to the truth, you will be vindicated!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.