It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hearing on US Embassy in Iraq (Scandel)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:01 pm 

The Oversight Committee holds a hearing, "Allegations of Waste, Fraud, and Abuse at the New U.S. Embassy in Iraq." The hearing examines the performance of the State Department and its contractors in the construction of the new $600 million U.S. embassy in Baghdad. The Committee reviews questions regarding the embassy compound construction as well as allegations of labor abuse through improper contracting practices. Rory Mayberry, a former subcontractor employee for First Kuwaiti Trading & Contracting Company, gives opening testimony. Also 20 other testimonie Vid links there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evRPwwyno_c

$600 milion plus for WHAT !!!!!!!

This whole Iraq mess just gets worse and worse and at least a few good men are coming forth with damning evidence of how corrupt the quagmire has become. Remember ,this is our tax dollars being used to enslave poor people trying to better themselves and being taken advantage of while officials turn a blind eye. Thank goodness for oversight hearings and Henry Waxman. I know what you are about to hear from an American EMT has fueled my fire to protest and I assume it will yours also. "END THE WAR - BRING OUR TROOPS HOME". Oh yeah, stop wasting tax money and start using it wisely. Support the Impeachment movement of Cheney/Bush also !!!! I'm glad I get out each week with other Patriots in my area and stand on the subway with protest signs dealing with the whole range of issues that are ruining our country. Time for at least a peaceful revolution and go from there !!!!!!!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:38 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

That is really maddening. :evil: What a mess this whole thing has become.

Did you notice that it was Nancy Pelosi's youtube site? She posted this and other stuff, if you push her name button- you end up at her site!

Disgusting waste of taxpayers money!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:20 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

$600 Million and all we get is a secluded embassy in a war torn area. Not to mention --

At least we got a sweet deal on the land, one of the most prime locations inside the heavily guarded Green Zone. Back in 2004, the interim Iraqi government gave this large riverside park to the U.S. for free, a move not much appreciated by the Iraqi people today.

This embassy compound dwarfs the nearby facilities used by the Iraqi government. Picture China being given free deed to the National Mall in Washington and turning it into a walled embassy compound, and you will get some idea of what the Iraqis see in this new addition to their capital city.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:16 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Be Patient 8)