It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is Dick Cheney Your God?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:42 am 

That's what happens when critical mass is reached in a dysfunctional family. Some kind of line is crossed and the game rule prison of the dysfunctional system is left by either going into a different dysfunctional system, or, far less commonly, by "transcending" the dimension of social game rule slavery, which is indeed an existential liberation, since henceforth such people live from their birthright center of feelings and intuitions and not some concoction of family, religious, and governmental rules -- all, of course, invented by SOMEONE ELSE.

This, I submit, is exactly where our country is as we speak. We're at that "tipping point" where we could slog even deeper into fascist slavery, OR we could "transcend" the whole can of worms by trashing this matrix of religious, political, and governmental game rules which virtually define how and when we breathe.

If some extraterrestrials did an analysis of the human condition, they would classify us as a suicidally dysfunctional species that worships of our god-like rule makers.

We're like a person in a prison cell with one wall missing. The missing wall is our freedom to kick over the card table.

WE DON'T HAVE TO PLAY THE HUMAN GAME BY THESE CONDITIONED AND CASTRATING RULES.

OK, ignoring and/or changing the rules may not be easy, but keep in mind that's always the MAIN rationalization of the enablers in a dysfunctional family.

"Oh my God, we're actually going to have to deal with something and find out what life is like without an abusive husband slamming you against the wall several times a day. Oh my goodness, how terrifying!"

Is Dick Cheney Your God?

Excellent piece, at least it hit close to home for me. From Catherine's opednews site.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:54 am 

spot on dori.

the fear/submissive/sheep-lead-to-slaughter mindset is very pervasive in todays american society. it's especially typified/predominant among the members of citizens who've chosen to align themselves with the republican party.

the parallels between thier thought process and women who are in abusive marriages/relationships are hauntingly similar.

intimidation and fear work hand in hand for both the gop and abusive husbands. it's all about total control of whomever the abuser needs to further his/thier own agenda in thier maniacal and quite often criminal quest for power.

abused wives often fear leaving thier marriages because of the effective mindgames that the perpetrator has used to convince them that thier misery is of thier own making.

the gop has used this very same blueprint to perfection.

or as the hemmeriod passing himself off as the vp would say..........

........SOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:26 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm more inclined to believe that Cheney is an agent of the devil. Everything that he has fought for lends credence to this viewpoint.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I seldom can stand to even look at Cheney, but I did pause for a moment when I saw him on one of the news stations about a week ago. It was during the now infamous "SO?" interview.

I was a bit shocked at his appearance, not to mention his arrogance.

He looks more and more like an ugly, evil gnome. If I had a child to read to at night, I'd probably use a photo of Dick Cheney to illustrate the troll who challenged the Three Billy Goats Gruff.

He has aged a great deal in the past year or so, and he's incredibly sour-looking. His eyes bulge and glare out at the world. His mouth is twisted into that perpetual little "gotcha" smirk, much like W's is. His complexion is unhealthy, rather like the color of a garden slug, and he appears to stoop. His neck has disappeared completely into his collar and his head lunges forward quite like that of a mud turtle. (My apologies to the noble mud turtle as I mean no offense to the species.)

Perhaps the evil that is in his heart and brain is beginning to seep out and can no longer be hidden from public view.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman