It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MARIE COCCO: AN UNEXAMINED THREAT
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

MARIE COCCO: AN UNEXAMINED THREAT

By Marie Cocco

Someday, but apparently not a day that will come before November’s election, we might at last have a sober public discussion about terrorism, the attacks of 9/11 and the so-called war on terrorism that has been waged since 2001.

You can tell that the day has not yet arrived when the terrorism story of the day is about an inappropriate—though quite possibly politically accurate—assertion by an adviser to John McCain that another attack on American soil would benefit the Republican in the upcoming presidential election. Both McCain and his Democratic opponent, Barack Obama, have renounced this wag of tongue.

If we were not quite so taken with this exchange of hot air we would, perhaps, have noticed that another federal court decision has gone against the Bush administration’s anti-terrorism detention policies, this time with a ruling in favor of a Chinese Muslim detainee. It is the second rebuke this month, the first having come from the Supreme Court—which found that the detainees at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, have a right to contest the reasons for their incarceration in federal court. And we might have taken note, as well, of a study by the Seton Hall University law school that calls into question the Pentagon’s claims about whether any significant danger is posed by the release of prisoners from the camp at Guantanamo

MORE AT THE LINK.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:32 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I had a vivid dream last night. The Supreme Court ruled unanimously that the Constitution was still sovereign in America.

The power elite and the Bu$hbarians didn't blink an eye. They just ignored the ruling and continued with business.

Nobody did anything because the Constitution was destroyed when the Patriot Act passed by an anthrax frightened Congress that did not read it.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:14 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yawn-past tense visions of reality are too biblical to be taken seriously.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:57 am 

i'm not quite getting why the story about mr. blacks fantasy is just now making it into the msm.

i remember reading another quote from him several months ago in which he said the very same thing.

i thought pretty much everyone with an above average iq who gets thier info from sources other than the msm already were aware of this story. i guess though that now maybe the right sets of ears are just now catching up to what, for me at least, is old but very important news.

and this asshole isn't the only one who's made the same type of maniacal fantasy statement. neocon bastard newt gingrich is another gasbag that's said very much the same thing.

it's pretty appalling even shocking to what level the bushicons are willing to go in order to maintain thier dictatorial grip on power.

and the ingnoring of recent supreme court rulings against the blackhouse is proof that the patriot act is what the bushicons view as being the corporate law of the land that all americans will live under. the libertys guaranteed to all of us will be shitcanned if we let them get away with thier plans to do away with the one last living document standing in the way of the police state they so dream of.

give me liberty or give me death may come back to mean much more than just the mere utterance of the words themselves as they did when the foundation of this nation was being built by our forefathers.

bush and company already have the blood of innocents on thier hands from the original 9/11.

we don't need or want more.