It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Entire System is Corrupt!!!! JESSE!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Cat, I realize you have an area for Jesse's Blog but this is important and to the point enough that I would like it to have its own special place here in the editorials. This is something that everyone should read, and read again. Drill it into your minds and realize the truth of what he is saying.

Crimson.

snip
Quote:
Wake up folks...the system is broken and for the life of me I can't think of a single way to use the system to fix the system. We need a new system. "Selecting" a Democrat is not the answer. Our problems are bigger than that. Until we accept this fact we will continue to tear our nation apart with the red herring known as the "our guy is better than their guy" game. Republicans, Democrats and all other party members...get this through your heads...NONE OF THEM ARE OUR GUYS! Left & Right Unite! Think about it!

snip

http://tvnewslies.org/tvnl/index.php/editorial/jesse-richards-commentary/3627-election-fraud-is-not-the-real-problem-the-entire-system-is-corrupt.html

What I am going to say now, I am going to say because I do care. Sometimes things have to be said to people you care about even if they may hurt. Trust me, it is not my intention to hurt anyone, it is however my intention to point out what I have witnessed. Take it as you will.

I have seen some very good, very intelligent people come to this site who because they do not toe the democratic/liberal line have been ridiculed, insulted and slandered.

No, I am not talking about people like Buckshot, (remember him?), who I consider to be a raving lunatic who supports everything this demonic cabal has done, but others who recognize what is being done to not only this country, but the world as a whole and are against it though their thoughts on how to solve the problem are different from the liberal agenda.

What I have seen is almost a knee jerk reaction, and though you may not recognize this, it is basically a "if you do not vote democrat you are stupid" mentality.

You may not recognize this, but that is because many of those on this site are what I would consider to be insiders.

I am not an insider. I am a visitor, always have been. I do not know if it is because of the way I write, who I am, or some of my thoughts, but the people on this site have welcomed me with open arms and I both love them and respect them for it, even if there are times that I disagree with them, I recognize that we all have the same goals, we just have different solutions.

We have GOT to stop pushing our responsibility (individual, local, state) onto the federal government. Through us giving these responsibilities to the government, we have concentrated the power to a point that we are now nearly powerless.

There is a reason for limited government. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

People keep saying, "Well, if we can just get the right people in.....". Well, we haven't to date because the game is rigged and has been rigged for quite some time. (1913 is a sticking point for me)

All of these things that we consider to be good ARE good, but only on the surface. Many things that we all want ARE good, but not in the hands of the corrupt.

I do not know the solutions as to how to bring about the things we desire, but I do know one thing, and this is a cold hard reality. We must remove as much power as we can from those in Washington and place it back into the hands of the states.

Yes, some states will be worse off than others. It is unfortunate, and we can only hope that the states that are worse off will strive to emulate the states that are successful, but this is better than having not only a whole nation, but a whole world being decimated because of the actions of the corrupt who hold absolute power over every aspect of our lives, is it not?

It will be much easier to create change on a state level, and those who chose to live a certain way will be able to create a state they desire, for better of for worse.

Think on this. What do those in power desire? Why? Complete domination and control over every aspect of humanity. Do you trust them with this? I sure as hell don't.

This is what I see happening with the left vs. right. Each side desires to FORCE their point of view upon the other. Each side is so sure they are correct in their views they will not budge one iota. In order to force their point of view upon the other, they continually give up personal freedoms, (read that as choice), and the maniacs who rule us gladly take it and use it to benefit themselves.

Now please understand. On many of the issues I agree with the left. Something that I realize however is I cannot force my point of view upon others. I can voice my opinion in as reasonable a way as possible and hope that the opposition will understand where I am coming from, but I cannot force.

Remove the power from DC. Let the red states be red states if that's what they want to be, let the blue states be blue states. Whether we agree or not. No matter how foolish and backwards we feel the other side to be, it is their choice.

We need to change the rules. The only way we have a chance of winning is if we return the power back to the states where it belongs. I do not know about any of you, but I would rather see the people in some states suffer rather than all of the world suffer. But that is just me.

Crimson.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ANYTIME you find an op-ed piece that you think should be given special attention, don't hesitate to post it here, CE.

Jesse is usually right on the money, too. Thanks for bringing his comments to this forum.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: The Entire System is Corrupt!!!! JESSE!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:54 pm 

CrimsonEagle wrote:
Remove the power from DC. Let the red states be red states if that's what they want to be, let the blue states be blue states. Whether we agree or not. No matter how foolish and backwards we feel the other side to be, it is their choice.

We need to change the rules. The only way we have a chance of winning is if we return the power back to the states where it belongs. I do not know about any of you, but I would rather see the people in some states suffer rather than all of the world suffer. But that is just me.

I must respectfully disagree. Here's why: those that suffer are always the ones at the bottom. The system is stacked on both the federal and state levels. Being poor in a blue state has been given the appearance of being better than being poor in a red state, the reality is it sucks both places. Those at the bottom rung of the ladder that desperately would like to find greener pastures are the ones most unable to do so. Working multiple jobs at below living wages does not allow one what has become a luxury, the ability to relocate to a better situation. The state governments have no more incentive to correct this treadmill/dangling carrot situation than does corrupt DC. All you accomplish by transferring the power to the state level is separating the fight for justice to multiple venues, thus dispersing any influence for change even further.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Re: The Entire System is Corrupt!!!! JESSE!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:29 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A Proud Liberal wrote:
CrimsonEagle wrote:

I must respectfully disagree. Here's why: those that suffer are always the ones at the bottom. The system is stacked on both the federal and state levels. Being poor in a blue state has been given the appearance of being better than being poor in a red state, the reality is it sucks both places. Those at the bottom rung of the ladder that desperately would like to find greener pastures are the ones most unable to do so. Working multiple jobs at below living wages does not allow one what has become a luxury, the ability to relocate to a better situation. The state governments have no more incentive to correct this treadmill/dangling carrot situation than does corrupt DC. All you accomplish by transferring the power to the state level is separating the fight for justice to multiple venues, thus dispersing any influence for change even further.

I would like you to ask yourself a couple of questions APL.

1. Do you believe the statement: Power corrupts; Absolute power corrupts absolutely: to be a truth?

2. Do you believe that our entire system has been overtaken by outside influences, thus act not in the best interest of this country, or humanity for that matter, but for a few who consider themselves to be the "elite of humanity", thus having the right to rule us all? (APAIC, Bilderbergs, Carlyle, among others)

3. Do you honestly, in your heart of hearts, with the knowledge you possess of how apathetic, (don't care), ignorant, (don't know), blind, (actually believe the lies that are told them), really believe that on a national scale, even IF the elections were not being tampered with (election fraud), that we would be able to remove enough of the corruption to stop this wholesale slaughter of the world?

Your cause is noble. I also care about those less fortunate in this country.

The problem is, I care about humanity more than those in this country who we consider to be poor, yet by global standards of poor are actually very well off. (Do you realize that people in other country's are eating MUD!!!!)

The problem is, no matter what party is SELECTED, whether they are a party that throws the poor in this country a few crumbs, (Democrats), or throws them no crumbs, (Republicans), BOTH parties have continued to wreak havoc around the world per their masters orders. (The so called ruling elite).

You with your knowledge of history of course are probably well aware of all of the conflicts, interventions, aggression, and meddling that this country has done throughout its history, and these are only the things we know about. I'm sure that if everything was out in the open it would fill volumes.

In my mind, based on the reality's that I know have happened in the past, and the reality's that I see happening now, the only chance we have of survival is to kill the beast that is about to devour the world. In order to do this, we have to starve it to death. We have to remove its power.

As far as those who IN THIS COUNTRY are poor. WE have to be the ones to do something about it, not on a national level, but more on a state/local level. WE, those of us who truly believe in the Progressive values will have to come together and through a communal effort, figure out a way that will work.

The current state of the world should prove to you that what I say is true. We are ALL (globally) about to be decimated. THEY do not care about us. They would like to reduce the population of this planet by 94%, keep a few drones around and have it all to themselves.

Although I do care about the poor in this country, we have bigger things to worry about.

If we continue to ignore the reality that faces us, we are basically committing suicide. The survivors will wish they were only poor.

Once again APL, (in case you had any doubt), whether we agree on this or not, both of our intentions are good and I mean no disrespect. I hope that you, nor anyone else on this site ever think that. I DO understand where you are coming from and I also desire the same things that you and those on this site desire.

I however am not sure if anyone (other than a few), recognize the truth of what I am saying.

Crimson

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:56 am 

Without trying to be flippant, I agree that absolute power corrupts absolutely but I believe it is easier to obtain absolute power on the state and local levels. Witness the abuse wielded by county sheriffs through out the country. The feds were the only thing that brought a smidgen of justice during the heyday of Civil Rights era. I agree with Winston Churchill's assertion that democracy isn't a very good system but it is the best world has ever seen. The system is broken but splitting it up would be tantamount to surrender to the bad guys in many places, mostly red but many blue would to some degree follow suit. If you allow each state to go their own way, what happens to states like California? Does it get split further between NorCal and SoCal? Or rural versus urban? Is the real split in the country between blue and red states, or is it rural and urban America?

The defining event for the United States was the Civil War. The study of US history was split and defined between Antebellum and Postbellum periods for over a hundred years. Today's study of US history has deemphasized this distinction to the point that most students don't know the meaning of antebellum and postbellum. Lincoln said the country would stand only if united, fall if divided. I fervently hope we can find a way to fix the whole system (like enforcing the checks and balances that are on the books but being ignored) because splitting the system up would mean evil triumphs in a divide and conquer methodology. It would make the Civil War an exercise in futility and the American experiment an unmitigated failure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:45 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A Proud Liberal wrote:
Without trying to be flippant, I agree that absolute power corrupts absolutely but I believe it is easier to obtain absolute power on the state and local levels.

Ok, the answer to the first one is yes. And thank you for not being flippant:)

What is your view on the other two questions?

I would also like to ask, which do you think could do more damage on a global scale, absolute power on the state level, or absolute power on the National level? (which is moving to absolute power on a global level I might add).

Enforcing the checks and balances? You mean like adhering to the Constitution of the United States? You mean limited government? You mean relegating much of the power back to the states? Yes, I once advocated that. I now realize however that this will not happen. Seems that very few really do want this. They want to keep living their lavish lifestyles, (Compared to the poor of the world, the people in this country are wealthy beyond their (the poor peoples) comprehension). But at what cost to the rest of the world?

Look at what we have done. Look at what we have become.

I agree in part with Churchill's assertion. Democracy isn't a very good system. I disagree however that it is the best the world has ever seen. This country has only been around for what.....230 some odd years? In that 230 some odd years + we have been colonizing, terrorizing, killing, murdering, stealing, and causing havoc in general around the world. But then again, this country is not a democracy. It never has been. It is a Plutocracy just like all of the governments.

You know what I think we base this country's success on? We can have anything we want at any time. We just take it. That is about to change which is a good thing. How this change is going to come about is going to be a living nightmare.

America is already an unmitigated failure, we just don't know it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:10 am 

CrimsonEagle wrote:
I would also like to ask, which do you think could do more damage on a global scale, absolute power on the state level, or absolute power on the National level? (which is moving to absolute power on a global level I might add).

Enforcing the checks and balances? You mean like adhering to the Constitution of the United States? You mean limited government? You mean relegating much of the power back to the states? Yes, I once advocated that. I now realize however that this will not happen. Seems that very few really do want this. They want to keep living their lavish lifestyles, (Compared to the poor of the world, the people in this country are wealthy beyond their (the poor peoples) comprehension). But at what cost to the rest of the world?

I guess your analysis and mine make a kind of dovetail. Yes, the least amount harm can be done on the state level but the reverse true as well; the least amount of good can be done on the state level. The only way we can truly have a positive influence on climate change is at the national level, I only hope the balance hasn't gone past the tipping point already. Throughout our brief history we have proven that social justice is achieved on a national level, state's rights is always the buzzword used by the anti-segregation crowd; probably the one key reason it raises the hairs on the back of my neck. If we have a system that won't go away then we have to try to make that system do the greatest good. My approach is to try to get as many Dennis Kucinich's elected and put into power. It is a flawed system but it is the system we live with, changing it for the better unfortunately means sometimes changing it for less evil.