It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cindy Sheehan's (Son Murdered in Iraq)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:42 am 

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/article.ph ... e=&order=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:33 am 

Excellent piece OceanLady. I sent it to a few friends.

Quote:
Are we to believe that Saddam quickly assembled a caravan of 18 wheelers and loaded all this stuff up and hauled it away to some new hiding place...and that US surveillance...the best in the world....didn't notice any of this happening?

Just as we are supposed to believe four planes were hijacked and flying around with no one looking into what was happening on 9/11. Yeah, right.

One of the comments was right on the mark.

Quote:
Those who opposed a repeat of the Vietnam War (That unwinnable war killed over 58,000 troops, wounded over 300,000, inflicted emotional scars on countless more, and severely damaged the military.) are not the ones that made our troops Nam fodder. Those who supported the Iraq invasion are the ones that made our troops Nam fodder.

Citizenship requires knowing what is going on and taking care of the country. This makes it a virtual lock that our troops will not be Nam fodder. Given the lessons of the Vietnam War, it was a no-brainer to be against the Iraq War from the get-go.

George Bush, Dick Cheney, 77 senators, and 296 representatives were for the Iraq War. Overwhelmingly, mainstream Americans were about being politically correct instead of taking care of the country, so they were for the America-damaging Iraq War and thus for making the troops and the military Nam fodder. Mainstream Americans talk the talk pro-troops and pro-military and walk the walk anti-troops and anti-military, and they have not been called on their anti-troops and anti-military performance. Confronting Nam foddering strong arms mainstream Americans into doing now what they should have been doing from day one—taking care of the troops and the military. Confronting Nam foddering undermines support for the Iraq War.

The Iraq War is a catastrophe that the troops cannot change. To support the troops and the military today is to actively work to get the troops out of Iraq now. There are adverse short-term and adverse long-term effects to the Iraq War. These adverse effects have lives of their own. These adverse effects and getting the troops out of Iraq now are separate and must be treated as separate. End Nam foddering now is one thing. Dealing with the adverse effects of the war is another thing. Copyright © 2005 Frank Corey

As I always point out, thre WERE 23 Senaters that voted against giving war powers, which is the power of Congress, to the President. None of them were Rs. If nothing else, one has to admire the ability of rightwingers to blitz the country with fear mongering 'information' and get their way. It is the way to hell, but they are single-minded about it. So far it has always worked for them.

Meanwhile, another post from the SC site:

Quote:
Amen, Cindy!

This article should be printed in every newspaper and inserted into every church bulletin in the entire country.

I am still holding that insert into the church bulletin that was given to me by an irate Catholic that was thoroughly disgusted that her church would meddle in politics--and stand with the rightwingers. Yes, "Cindy Sheehan's (Son Murdered in Iraq)" definately should be handed out in church. Let the holy people take a look at an opinion of which Jesus would approve.

And congratulations to Cindy Sheehan for using the word 'murdered'. She is telling it like it is!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for that editorial, OL. It needs to be printed in every newspaper across the land, as well as on the net.

But I especially like the idea of inserting it into church bulletins. :D

Wonder how many of those good Christian folks would be paying attention to the sermon if they read it? I know I'd be struggling with an inner turmoil, if I didn't already believe the Iraq War is just legalized murder of both Iraqis and Americans.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:39 am 

That cartoon fits in here beautifully!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]