It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beware the Bogey Man: A new low, even for McCain and his ign
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:01 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Latest Reggie's Commentary entry at TvNewsLIES.org can be found at
http://tvnewslies.org/tvnl/index.php/editorial/reggies-commentary/4898-beware-the-bogey-man-a-new-low-even-for-mccain-and-his-ignorant-supporters.html

Excerpt:

Quote:
On Friday, as he rallied his bigoted, small-minded followers in a suburb of Minneapolis, John McCain made a most bizarre attempt to reverse the fear mongering and bigoted tone of his faltering campaign

The incident involved a brief exchange between a pathetic McCain supporter and her increasingly desperate candidate. What happened was this: during a rally at Lakeville South High School, McCain handed his microphone to a woman who expressed her concerns about Barack Obama "I don't trust Obama,” she said. “I have read about him. He's an Arab."

Just then, for just one unrealistic nanosecond, I naively hoped that John McCain would take the high road and reject such a bigoted attack from someone in his painfully ignorant audience. Instead, my heart sank in disbelief as I heard the response to this ethnic slur from a man who would be our national leader.

“No, ma’am” offered John {our hero) McCain, “He’s a decent, family man, [a] citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues and that's what this campaign is all about."

Implicit, of course, in that response was another message: Don’t worry, ma’am, Barack Obama is NOT an Arab. Unlike Arabs, he’s a decent, family man

Read the full article.