It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is Arnold Losing It?
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 9:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is Arnold Losing It?

By Mark Z. Barabak, Washington Monthly. Posted May 2, 2005.

The governor of California is seated in his office at Oak Productions, smoking a cigar and sipping espresso, his black cowboy boots propped on the distressed wood table before him. A plate of apple strudel sits untouched. The Santa Monica outpost, which houses the governor's film company, doubles as his state office whenever Arnold Schwarzenegger is in the neighborhood. It is quite unlike any governor's office anywhere in the country, that much is certain. The walls are lined with movie posters and photographs of Schwarzenegger in all manner of political and commercial poses. Outside the door to his inner office stands a life-size mock up of Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, his face half gone and a red laser eye gleaming. Inside the office, amid a jumble of movie memorabilia, rests a stuffed crocodile. Overall, the effect is interior design by a very rich, very extravagant 16 year old.

Continued at: http://www.alternet.org/story/21905/

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:49 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

For a person who ran on the platform of supposedly "getting things right" for the people, Arnold seems to have overlooked the big energy scam that shook california.

It's been proven that the blackouts were deliberate just to rape the public out of more money (if not politically motivated) with taped recordings of conversations between CEO's that laughed at the blackouts and admitted they were intentional.

So, why hasn't this guy stepped up to the plate and prosecuted these people? Simple...you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Really disappointed in the people of california for letting this guy get away with this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good point, mga...I don't think the Calilfornians will keep him, do you?

At least, unless there's a Constitutional amendment, AHNOLD won't be coming to Washington as prez like Ronald Reagon did. I guess that's some comfort, although if Orrin Hatch had his way, there would be such an amendment. Arnie may also have thought his wife would give him some clout with the Democrats.

Those neocons think they can change the rules to suit themselves. So far, they've been pretty successful.

Welcome to the board, by the way!

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:02 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I live in New York State, so I can't really answer if California will keep him or not. I was surprised to even see him get elected, but I sure hope they realize their mistake by now.

I am sure Arnold will not persue those responsible for the blackouts in California, and I'm sure the people in that state have other things to worry about. But, he could have at least created a special task force to at least give some appearances he was slightly interested in helping the people out.

But, big money never chases big money....such is life in american politics.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]