It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: my bitch for today.....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:35 am 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 9:12 am
Posts: 1955
Location: upstate new york.
i'm also a member of several other forums. one of them was capitol hill blues, which i liked because of some great conversations there. however, in one post, several of us made a comment that the US government was no different than nazi germany. the owner/admin replied that he decided that we could not post anything that refers to the US as being nazi-like and he would remove them from the board. kind of rubbed me the wrong way and i posted my protest of this and left the forum. the owner replied nicely that frredom of speech is Ok, as long as you own the forum...point well taken.

i also joined the whistlestopper foum. but, shortly after posting a few of my radical thoughts, i had two admins Pm me and tell me i was borderline of violating forum rules because i called a religious fanatic there a hypocrit, and that they have been "monitoring" my posts. apparently this person whined to the admins because i was on her case, disputing her pro-bush postings. again, i PM'ed the admins and told them i could care less if she whined about me or not, and to be threatened with being banned was nothing new to me, so it mattered not. they disabled my ability to post there...lol

now, i may disagree with people on certain things, but i don't call people childish names, nor do i get angry..hell..it's only a conversation. but if people can;t handle being challenged about what they believe in why do they hang around in forums? some people should get a real life instead of living in their littles shelters. people disagree no matter what, and many disagree with me..which is no problem. but if we do disagree, me calling you a hypocrit is hardly the same as using foul language or calling someone a foul name.

so, why would people join a discussion, post a reply that is against the topc and not expect to be challenged? typical right wing babi-ism...run crying to an admin. i don't join right wing propaganda forums because i know what would happen, but if i did, running and crying to an admin is like calling the cops on someone.

so, not all forums are created equal, and not all forums provide free speech.

pk...i'm done ranting my editiorial. have a nice day. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: The rant- and it isn't sunday. Preach on.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:29 pm 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:19 pm
Posts: 2533
Just read your other 2 posts about GM and the whistle blower. Put them all together with this one and what do you get? A picture of them shutting down this site somehow.

Thank the founders of this site, which allows us to expose the crap that other boards turn away from. Thanks dori, Seamus, mga, Sotek, Jesse, Catherine etc. for continuing the fight for truth. I love this site and even have to thank Buck and Luke for allowing us to speak out about the injustice of the pedagogy of ignorance that permeates our societies.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:59 pm 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 9:12 am
Posts: 1955
Location: upstate new york.
amen to that!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my bitch for today.....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:21 pm 
Offline
Deal With It!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:57 pm
Posts: 413
Location: Land of Lincoln
mga wrote:
so, not all forums are created equal, and not all forums provide free speech.


"Perspectives" sounds a lot like some of the forums you've had issues with. They too would squelch "name-calling" in the name of "fairness". The funny thing there was that there were 2 different sets of rules. There were one set of rules for the Republicans/Conservatives and one set of rules for the Democrats/Liberals/Progressives. It seemed like they were looking for people who fit a conservative stereotype of what a Liberal/Progressive Democrat was and anyone who didn't fit that stereotype was marginalized.

Jesse doesn't over moderate the debate here. And that's a breath of fresh air.

_________________
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
--John Kenneth Galbraith


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: my bitch for today.....
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:43 pm 
mga wrote:
now, i may disagree with people on certain things, but i don't call people childish names,


:shock: :lol:

Quote:
nor do i get angry..hell..it's only a conversation.


:shock: :lol:

Quote:
but if people can;t handle being challenged about what they believe in why do they hang around in forums?


AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
some people should get a real life instead of living in their littles shelters. people disagree no matter what, and many disagree with me..which is no problem.


Image

Quote:
so, why would people join a discussion, post a reply that is against the topc and not expect to be challenged? typical right wing babi-ism...run crying to an admin.


Image

Oh man, that was one of the best joke rants I've read. Thanks mga you made my day. Oh you were serious? Pfff hypocrite.

Image


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:59 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 11:46 pm
Posts: 14442
Location: NC
mga, some boards don't allow name calling during political discussions because they allow people to register who say they're 13 or older.

I'd prefer at least 16 or older to be the cutoff age for a political discussion board registration these days, but it's a choice where one goes online, and if parents aren't being more vigilent as to what stops their kids are making on the internet way, well...too bad.

Adults shouldn't have to curtail their debate strategies just because the boards' administrators allow children to be a part of the membership.

I'm not saying age of membership was the reason you were banned at varying sites, mga...more likely it was just what you said it was...but the real hypocrisy comes in when admins of heated political discussion boards allow children to register....and I consider a 13 year old to be just that...a child.

Catherine

_________________
Image

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:06 am 
Are you implying mga's 13?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:08 am 
Offline
SuperMember!
SuperMember!
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 9:12 am
Posts: 1955
Location: upstate new york.
Toshiro Tzu wrote:
Are you implying mga's 13?


return of the asshole from florida.....with the usual asshole remarks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:13 am 
Awwwe poor widdle mga do you want your baba?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:21 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 11:46 pm
Posts: 14442
Location: NC
Quote:
Are you implying mga's 13?


What makes you think that? Or are you thinking at all?

That would be silly, wouldn't it, since we know mga is an educated man who has retired at an early age (and it's not 13...even mga wouldn't be able to do that!) from a very successful career. :roll:

See if you can figure out my point, Totsu, and try again.

No wonder you can't get a woman.


Catherine

_________________
Image

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:48 am 
Catherine wrote:
What makes you think that? Or are you thinking at all?


Oh I'm thinking. I'm thinking mga's a hypocritical piece of shit to be whining about the actions of the right wingers on those specific forums when he does the exact same shit. Like crying foul because someone criticizes his methods.

Quote:
That would be silly, wouldn't it, since we know mga is an educated man who has retired at an early age (and it's not 13...even mga wouldn't be able to do that!) from a very successful career. :roll:


You know that, really? I'm a Harvard Grad raking in well over seven figures, prove me wrong. Though I'm sure it's more along the lines of a 13 year old mentality, or maybe not, spelling tough "tuff" kinda throws me off. It just smells of teendom.

Quote:
See if you can figure out my point, Totsu, and try again.


AH HAHAHA We have another witty person, sorry doll but Dog's Shit Tzu beats you. I get your point, you obviously missed mine sweet cheeks.

Quote:
No wonder you can't get a woman.


So that's my problem, damn, thanks for the tip!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:33 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 11:46 pm
Posts: 14442
Location: NC
Quote:
I'm a Harvard Grad raking in well over seven figures,


But you can't get into the NAVY because you don't have your GED, isn't that right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doll? Sweet Cheeks? You wish you had someone to say those words to in person, don't you, Totsu?

Most women of any quality want educated men these days, Totsu...not shogun wannabes without even a high school diploma.

mga and D.og's have achieved where you have so far failed because you've not gotten off the ground...yet. Perhaps when you've finally passed the GED, if the Navy is still interested in you, and you've had some respect hammered into you via basic training, you will be viewed with something other than disdain by high achievers.

Have you ever considered that your abrasive personality coupled with what you think is sarcastic cleverness will only get you into trouble in the military? If the recruiter has told you otherwise, you're in for a rude awakening if and when you ever make it to boot camp.

Catherine

_________________
Image

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:26 am 
Catherine wrote:
But you can't get into the NAVY because you don't have your GED, isn't that right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:


*shrugs* Maybe I was lying. The point being the internet is anonymous, I, you, mga, can be anyone we want to be, so simply because I, or you, or he says we've done something doesn't make it so.

Quote:
Doll? Sweet Cheeks? You wish you had someone to say those words to in person, don't you, Totsu?


Not really no, I save those comments for little girls playing grown up on the internet I wish to mock.

Quote:
Most women of any quality want educated men these days, Totsu...not shogun wannabes without even a high school diploma.


Shogun wannabe! Ah hahaha! Damn Cat you're good. The thought that my name refers to two people never crossed your mind did it?

Quote:
mga and D.og's have achieved where you have so far failed because you've not gotten off the ground...yet. Perhaps when you've finally passed the GED, if the Navy is still interested in you, and you've had some respect hammered into you via basic training, you will be viewed with something other than disdain by high achievers.


I like Mykeru's take on "respect":

"Many a forum has a rule about "respecting other members", which is nice, but not only is that a pretty subjective call, but very often it's used by people on the losing end of an argument to make an ignominious escape or, frankly, for someone to avoid defending their position entirely. It's also no surprise that people in the "in-group" of a forum are judged to be far more "respectful" than someone on the outs. In other words, these sort of ostensibly sensible calls to civility quickly mutate into just another way for people in a position of power to beat those without power senseless without fear of reprisal. This sort of thing isn't limited to "conservative" boards. Many a "liberal" board can play the same game just as well. It never ceases to fascinate me how many soy-eating Goddess worshippers are just waiting for their chance to become Il Dulce.

Some people seem to have made it their mission in life trying to get people to act and think like they would. Some people like to herd cats. Whatever gives you the illusion of purpose, I guess."

Fitting. As for "high achievers", those wouldn't be the same types who begged me to write their book reports would it? Further more, the fact that y'all have a piece of paper which says you attended class for four years doesn't impress me. If I have to look up at your wall at a piece of paper to know you're a smart person you're obviously not that smart of a person after all. I haven't failed snookums, I'm right where I want to be at the moment. I don't judge success based on how much money or how many accolades I've managed to accumulate (btw I have many ranging from academics to sports), pity you do. What you say/write is what impresses or d isgusts me, your achievements be damned.

So far I've based my posts on what mga has said, I didn't reach into his personal life because it doesn't interest me. Funny how you've done the opposite though. You can't discredit what I say so you try to discredit me, hmmm that's a right wing tactic, you wouldn't be another right wing plant like mga would you?

Quote:
Have you ever considered that your abrasive personality coupled with what you think is sarcastic cleverness will only get you into trouble in the military? If the recruiter has told you otherwise, you're in for a rude awakening if and when you ever make it to boot camp.


Of course I've thought about it, but have you ever considered that this isn't the military and you are not a drill seargent? I do have the ability to hold my tongue, but I save that for people I respect. :lol:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:32 pm 
Catherine I have a question for you. Was Truman a failure? Truman never went to college and he lived with his mother up until his move into the white house, in fact many of his colleagues considered him as a backwoods yokel who had no business being the president. Guess that makes you one of his colleagues eh?

"I never gave them hell, I just told them the truth and they thought it was hell."

- Harry Truman


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:03 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 29, 2004 11:46 pm
Posts: 14442
Location: NC
Truman a colleague? Hardly...

I wasn't born until Truman was into his second term, Totsu...you are weak in math, aren't you?

:lol: :lol:

Let's see...Truman was a judge, businessman, politician who was appointed to local Democratic offices and judgeships in the 1920s and elected to the Senate from Missouri in 1934-1945; nominated as VP in 1944 and became prez when Roosevelt died; Reelected in 1948, in upset election. He extended the New Deal, calling it the Fair Deal. Frustrated by a "do nothing" Republican Congress; was involved with creation of NATO; presided over the beginning of the Cold War.

In Truman's day, to have a high school education was an excellent achievement. Besides, he also went to law school from 1923-1925, so he was no slouch when it came to academics.

I'd rather be Truman's colleague than a colleague of Georgy Bush. Truman was also a Democrat, which certainly entitles him to some applause from me.

And your using Mykeru's take on respect is like Buckshot using a Mikey Savage quote.

Pretty ridiculous...you should research Mykeru a bit more. :roll:


Catherine

_________________
Image

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Blue Moon by Trent © 2007
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group