It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:45 pm 

Quote:
Of course I've thought about it, but have you ever considered that this isn't the military and you are not a drill seargent? I do have the ability to hold my tongue, but I save that for people I respect.

Who do you respect?

Why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:30 am 
Catherine wrote:
Truman a colleague? Hardly...

I wasn't born until Truman was into his second term, Totsu...you are weak in math, aren't you?

:lol: :lol:

You are weak in methaphor and nuance, aren't you?

Quote:
And your using Mykeru's take on respect is like Buckshot using a Mikey Savage quote.

Pretty ridiculous...you should research Mykeru a bit more. :roll:

I'm familiar with Mykeru and I completely agree with him. People like you, Doggy, and mga have no interest in "the light of truth" (as Doggy puts it), you simply want people to be exactly like you. Like Doggy said, individuality is one of the sicknesses of the world, you three seem to share this world view.

dori wrote:
Who do you respect?

Why?

I respect anyone legitimately open to free discussion and individuality. I respect anyone who does NOT dodge someone's argument and rip on their personal life because they don't have the ability to counter their argument. I respect anyone who doesn't play games like setting up straw men arguments. So far Catherine, and her two "high achievers" have failed all three of those, which tells me they are nothing more than pseudo-intellectuals whose facade falls flat on it's face when you get down into the nuts and bolts of their "enlightened thought." It's a farce, bullshit, poopoo, facade, what have you. To be sure, I'm quite aware that they are encyclopedia's of facts, anyone can be, all you have to do is read and remember. That does not make you smart.

For instance Catherine's inability to discern the metaphor I was using in calling her one of Truman's colleagues. She took it literally and proceeded to ask if I suck at math. How smart does that make her? Being an encyclopedia is a great thing, our cause needs people like that, but to think you're a "free thinker" because of it is ridiculous. Dog has the lingo down and talks like one, but his actions of dodging particular questions which question his own methods, and his actions of setting up straw men arguments prove he's not. They are tools and nothing more, the left wing equivelant of a right wing ditto monkey.

Need further proof? MGA tells me I'm confused about my political beliefs because I question the actions of liberals (And not nearly as much as I question right wing actions but still this is what he said), gee how big of a sign do you need to see that mga cares nothing for "free thought" and enlightenment, only conformity. These three deal in absolutes, black and white, with us or against us, they have no concept of grey or the abstract and that makes them no better than the right wingers they bitch and moan about.

I don't like the current fascist state of our country, but I am not looking to replace it with another fascist state, sorry. Now if Catherine, Dog, and mga want to start over and are willing to have an open exchange of ideas without getting their egos hurt simply because someone disagrees with them, then hey, cool beans I'm game. If they want to continue with this farce, hey that's cool too, I'll be right here firing back.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2