It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What Corruption and Force Have Wrought in Egypt
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:13 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
The Muslim world does not see us as we see ourselves. Muslims are aware, while we are not, that we have murdered tens of thousands of Muslims in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. We have terrorized families, villages and nations. We enable and defend the Israeli war crimes carried out against Palestinians and the Lebanese—indeed we give the Israelis the weapons and military aid to carry out the slaughter. We dismiss the thousands of dead as “collateral damage.” And when those who are fighting against occupation kill us or Israelis we condemn them, regardless of context, as terrorists. Our hypocrisy is recognized on the Arab street. Most Arabs see bloody and disturbing images every day from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, images that are censored on our television screens. They have grown sick of us. They have grown sick of the Arab regimes that pay lip service to the suffering of Palestinians but do nothing to intervene. They have grown sick of being ruled by tyrants who are funded and supported by Washington. Arabs understand that we, like the Israelis, primarily speak to the Muslim world in the crude language of power and violence. And because of our entrancement with our own power and ability to project force, we are woefully out of touch. Israeli and American intelligence services did not foresee the popular uprising in Tunisia or Egypt. Gen. Aviv Kochavi, Israel’s new intelligence chief, told Knesset members last Tuesday that “there is no concern at the moment about the stability of the Egyptian government.” Tuesday, it turned out, was the day hundreds of thousands of Egyptians poured into the streets to begin their nationwide protests.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/what_corruption_and_force_have_wrought_in_egypt_20110130/

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject: Re: What Corruption and Force Have Wrought in Egypt
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Arabs understand that we, like the Israelis, primarily speak to the Muslim world in the crude language of power and violence. And because of our entrancement with our own power and ability to project force, we are woefully out of touch. Israeli and American intelligence services did not foresee the popular uprising in Tunisia or Egypt. Gen. Aviv Kochavi, Israel’s new intelligence chief, told Knesset members last Tuesday that “there is no concern at the moment about the stability of the Egyptian government.” Tuesday, it turned out, was the day hundreds of thousands of Egyptians poured into the streets to begin their nationwide protests.

Somewhere I read that Israel was not happy with Obama's response to the crisis in Egypt... :!:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:46 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm sure they are not happy Catherine.

We are watching a game of chess at its most intense right now. One wrong move and its mate.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:03 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
Quote:
Arabs understand that we, like the Israelis, primarily speak to the Muslim world in the crude language of power and violence. And because of our entrancement with our own power and ability to project force, we are woefully out of touch. Israeli and American intelligence services did not foresee the popular uprising in Tunisia or Egypt. Gen. Aviv Kochavi, Israel’s new intelligence chief, told Knesset members last Tuesday that “there is no concern at the moment about the stability of the Egyptian government.” Tuesday, it turned out, was the day hundreds of thousands of Egyptians poured into the streets to begin their nationwide protests.

Somewhere I read that Israel was not happy with Obama's response to the crisis in Egypt... :!:

Yeah, about as happy as a real democrat, watching his elected "right winger," turn in his resignation recently, so he can run against O'bama, (if we don't primary him) in 2012!!

I forgot his name, and what department he served, in O'bama's administration.

AND I'M GLAD, AND I AIN'T LOOKING IT UP EITHER!!

...I imagine I'll stumble over this s**t again anyway, sooner or later. :roll: :roll: :roll: