It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Allstate Insurance Openly Anti-Family
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Allstate Insurance Openly Anti-Family
Posted by Senior Editor on 2005/6/24 12:04:00
“Your In Good Hands With Allstate” is there motto. Sounds like a great place to be, right? Wrong.

David Gibbs III, Terri Schiavo’s former attorney, is preparing for a new foray into America’s intense Culture War. This time the battle will take place on the “same-sex marriage” front, and his adversary will be Chicago based Allstate Insurance Company.

Gibbs has introduced to America his most recent client – J. Matt Barber.

Barber is a former five-year employee of Allstate at their corporate headquarters in Northbrook, IL. According to associates with Gibbs Law Firm in Seminole FL, Matt was recently, expressly, and illegally fired by Allstate for writing and publishing an opinion-editorial at home, on his own time, about so-called “same-sex marriage.”

In the Op-Ed, Barber defended the sanctity of marriage, and pointed out what he views as the negative aspects of both same-sex marriage, and the homosexual lifestyle – views he says are deeply rooted in his religious beliefs, and supported by clear Biblical principles.

Gibbs has filed a federal lawsuit against Allstate, on behalf of Barber, for religious/viewpoint discrimination, and retaliation in violation of Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

To add insult to injury, just two weeks prior to being fired by Allstate, Matt’s wife gave birth to their 3rd child in four years following a highly stressful at-risk pregnancy. She was still in recovery from her C-section surgery when Allstate, fully aware of the Barbers’ situation, callously snatched away both their medical insurance and their means of providing for their young family. Additionally, the Barbers are losing their home, and may have to declare bankruptcy due to Allstate’s illegal actions.

But the Company’s actions may not be that difficult to explain. In recent years Allstate has aligned itself with several of the most activist homosexual organizations in America. In addition to contributing huge sums of money to the most militant of these organizations, to include LAMBDA (http://www.lambda.org) and GLAAD (http://www.glaad.org), Allstate forces all employees to undergo “diversity training” in promotion of the homosexual lifestyle. Within the work environment, they prohibit any vocalized opposition of either homosexuality, or “same-sex marriage.” Furthermore, they offer “domestic partnership benefits,” essentially treating homosexual employees and their “partners” as married couples.

Allstate will have a hard time wiggling their way out of this one. The State of Illinois (Department of Employment Security) has conducted a thorough investigation into Allstate’s actions and has ruled, without equivocation, in favor of Mr. Barber. With respect to his case, the investigation determined: “The claimant was discharged from Allstate Insurance Company because an outside organization had complained about an article he had written while on his own time.” The State’s investigation further concluded that Allstate intentionally chose to terminate Barber’s employment for writing the article in spite of the fact that he engaged in absolutely no misconduct whatsoever: “The term misconduct means the deliberate and willful violation of a reasonable rule or policy of the employer…In this case, the claimant’s action which resulted in his discharge was not deliberate and willful.”

Armed with the findings of the State’s investigation, and based upon his proven track record, there’s little doubt that David Gibbs III will confront head-on, both Allstate and its radical pro-homosexual / anti-family policies with the same fervor displayed during the Terri Shiavo battle.

So a new question for America to debate over coming weeks and months is whether an extremely powerful organization like Allstate Insurance Company has the legal and/or moral right to attempt to indoctrinate its employees into accepting the homosexual lifestyle in conflict with their deeply held religious beliefs.

Do you think the ACLU will come to Barber’s defense?

Perhaps the more important question for discussion, is whether a radically pro-homosexual company such as Allstate, has the right to discriminate against its employees, and to destroy them emotionally, professionally, and financially, simply because they happen to believe, and to share on their own time, what the Bible teaches about human sexuality and the sanctity of marriage.

In the former Soviet Union the answer to these questions was – Yes.

In America…I hope to God the answer is still no.

It’s time we as Americans rise up and let Corporate America hear our collective voice. The American Family Association boycotted Ford for its blatant homosexual advertisements and willing support of radical homosexual causes and organizations. Now the owners of Ford dealerships are letting the Ford Corporation know that they don’t appreciate it, and Ford has promised to re-evaluate its policies. Let’s encourage Allstate to re-evaluate its pro-homosexual / anti-family policies as well. This is what you need to do:
• Telephone Allstate CEO Ed Liddy’s office at 1-847-402-5000 or contact the Company at 1-800-Allstate (1-800-255-7828) and ask why Mr. Liddy allows his Company to discriminate against people of faith. Demand that Allstate change its anti-faith / anti-family policy. You can also e-mail Allstate by clicking on https://messaging.allstate.com/Corp/Cor ... sEmail.asp.

• Contact the Allstate Agents in your area (simply click on this link for contact information: http://agent.allstate.com/) and demand that Allstate stop discriminating against Christians and other people of faith.

• Please forward this article to friends and family.

• For more information on Allstate’s pro-homosexual agenda, you can visit the following sites, or “Google” Allstate:

Allstate advertising targets homosexuals

http://www.commercialcloset.org/cgi-bin ... record=419

Allstate gives to GLAAD

http://www.gaybusinessworld.com/page.cf ... petset=yes®ion=0

Allstate promotes “tolerance,” “inclusion,” and “diversity”

http://www.taclearinghouse.org/clearing ... enDocument

Allstate large donor for LAMBDA

www.touchstonemag.com/blogarchive/2002_ ... xual&hl=en" target="_blank">http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:rcIImSqLnCMJ:www.touchstonemag.com/blogarchive/2002_10_13_editors.html+allstate+homosexual&hl=en

Allstate insures same sex couples as married

http://www.townhall.com/news/politics/2 ... 707a.shtml

Allstate marketing toward homosexuals

http://www.v7n.com/gay.php

*Gibbs’ client, J. Matt Barber is a non-paid, part-time Contributing Editor for TheConservativeVoice.com. You can email Matt at jmattbarber@comcast.net.

Copyright © 2005 by Nathan Tabor

Nathan Tabor is a conservative political activist based in Kernersville, North Carolina. He has his BA in Psychology and his Master’s Degree in Public Policy. He is the Founder and Editor of TheConservativeVoice.com. Contact him at Nathan@nathantabor.com.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bucky...what do you think a Culture War is and why do you have those beliefs? Upon what information and/or events have you formed your opinion?

Should Jeb Bush have his rights to privacy usurped in the same way he's advocating Michael Shiavo's right to privacy be usurped? You do know that Jeb's daughter is a drug addict, don't you?

Most drug addicts come from families that have practiced real family values? Those family members have had lots of good quality time and good quality care? The family that prays together stays together without drug abuse? Do you think Terri Shiavo thought about a culture war before she stuck her finger down her throat and practiced bulemia?

Yep, these are real Republican Conservative ideals and shining examples of Republican Family Values...do you agree, bucky...or not?

Have you read the post by Jesse about stopping republican pedophilia? Now THERE's a Culture War for you!

:roll:

Catherine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:31 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

the company you work for has the right to fire you over social issues and, sometimes, political ones as well. many companies are taking the position that when you work for them, you are a "representative" of said company...both ON the clock and OFF. you may not agree with that, but it's a reality in america today. once they were given the right to drug test employees, you gave up your personal rights. so what if i smoke a joint on the weekends? nope....you'll get fired. understand????

they were within their rights to fire him, altho i disagree with the new corporate policies, it's the way they are.

people have been getting fired for less offenses than the one you mentioned, so, why hasn't that lawyer taken on their causes as well? the answer is simple: it's christian related and it deals with same sex marriage....a topic very dear to the fundamentalist right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:16 pm 
Involved
Involved

Saying this is Christian related and that is the reason is ignorant.

First of all MGA, companies having the right to fire you for no reason at all has nothing to do with corporate policy. That is a state regulated law, which some states do not empower companies to do. Indiana, for example, does have the law to where a company does NOT have to have a reason to fire you. They can fire you because your hair is red. Most states do not follow this model. I will have to look it up to be sure, but I think Illinois does not follow this model either. Look up state laws.

Second, comparing the act of writing an opinion editorial and smoking a joint to get fired is ludricous. Smoking a joint is illegal. Simple as that. Writing an opinion editorial is protected under the 1rst Amendment of freedom of speech. Federal law supercedes corporate policy.

That said, that is one of the biggest problems with politicians and the governement today. On a presidential ticket, moral and religious beliefs are part of the ticket! What ever happened to the seperation of church and state. If there is a problem with the Constitution, then change the Constitution. Until then, a politician's religious and moral beliefs should be irrelevent to what the law, who he has sworn to uphold and protect, says. The representative of the people has a duty to uphold what the law already says, and if needed, try to change the law.

Pick up a law book sometime. It will help you, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:17 pm 
Involved
Involved

Saying this is Christian related and that is the reason is ignorant.

First of all MGA, companies having the right to fire you for no reason at all has nothing to do with corporate policy. That is a state regulated law, which some states do not empower companies to do. Indiana, for example, does have the law to where a company does NOT have to have a reason to fire you. They can fire you because your hair is red. Most states do not follow this model. I will have to look it up to be sure, but I think Illinois does not follow this model either. Look up state laws.

Second, comparing the act of writing an opinion editorial and smoking a joint to get fired is ludricous. Smoking a joint is illegal. Simple as that. Writing an opinion editorial is protected under the 1rst Amendment of freedom of speech. Federal law supercedes corporate policy.

That said, that is one of the biggest problems with politicians and the governement today. On a presidential ticket, moral and religious beliefs are part of the ticket! What ever happened to the seperation of church and state. If there is a problem with the Constitution, then change the Constitution. Until then, a politician's religious and moral beliefs should be irrelevent to what the law, who he has sworn to uphold and protect, says. The representative of the people has a duty to uphold what the law already says, and if needed, try to change the law.

Pick up a law book sometime. It will help you, I think.

Post subject: The laws an ass
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:55 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

80% of Amerikans claim they're religious. Which religion, is part of stats.

70% of Amerikans claim they want a president with strong religious faith. Which faith, is part of stats. We can guess which though, without consulting stats or polls.

Oh I forgot, you don't believe in polls or stats probably, just unfair laws. Those ambiguous laws about seperation of church and state type laws. Faith in a dream.

Damn amendments keep getting in the way. Where's my 10 commandments. Oh yeah, in front of the courts. Thrown out with freedom of speech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

my point was, indy, that some corporations view using drugs and using company computers to post political or religious beliefs as the same offense. you can get terminated for either one...illegal or not.

if i recall, the guy in question at allstate, had been using company computers to post his religious anti-abortion beliefs and telling people they will "go to hell if they didn't believe him". and he used this as his "signature" on all email correspondings. unfortunately, bucky's post didn't give the full details of BOTH arguments....only the lawyers usual sob story.

labor laws do differ state to state, however, my personal opinion is i'm glad to see allstate fire the guy because i am pro-choice 100%, but i'll let the courts decide who is right or who is wrong in the work place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:21 pm 
Involved
Involved

Ah, see, then there was my problem. I did not know the whole story and made a comment based on what little information Bucky said. Just proves ignorance is shown when making comments, sometimes.

There is a huge distinction in abortion laws. As a general rule, it seems people think "Pro-Choice" means in favor of abortion. That ignorance is what the huge problem is. I am a Catholic. I am strongly against abortion. However, I interpret the LAW. The law should not have the right to enforce a person to do something or to not do something, when it is as personal as this. Pro-CHoice means exactly that. CHOICE. And this is refelected in one of my earlier comments about the seperation between church and state. The only reason why a person could be against Pro-Choice is because their MORAL and RELIGIOUS beliefs are interfering with the way a society runs. That, in my opinion, is unconstitutional. That is the exact reason why there was an amendment preventing church and state.

See, I have many ideas and share many philosophies as "Democrats". However, I have many ideas and share many philosophies as "Republicans"

Please understand I am a realist and I am not loyal to any party for I feel both parties are grossly under-representing the American people. Politics has become too much of a "game" and the people are the ones who are losing, not the politicians. It is stated in the constituion, that the people have the right to change the goverment when we feel the goverment is not doing what is was designed to do. I think that is what we have to do. If we don't do something, it will never be fixed and there will be an endless life of quarrels and hatred and life is just too damn short for all this bullsh!t.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:54 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

pro choice is simply keeping religion and government out of abortion issues and allowing the woman to determine what she wants to do.

i, too, used to be catholic, until i was "born again" and now i am a very content athiest. everything is much clearer now that i have no religious falshoods clouding my thoughts.

anyways, welcome to the forum!!

Post subject: trying to piece it together.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:14 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You know that you're showing a level of understanding and thoughtfulness that few have shown. That you admit that Bucky has sent or advised you to visit this site is not a warning to us . What is good to hear is that you think about things as if there are other possibilities in life. This shows a level of maturity that we wished to bring out in Bucky, but he would never admit to.

What we have found out is that there are many common grounds between us, either left or right. The problems arise when our government divides us, using the way we see things, as well as the way we are taught and brought up. Again, you recognised that there is a lot more to the issues than emotional attachments to god and country. As you said, pro choice in it's true definition, means you are aware that you can make choices based on reason and not merely what you believe or have been taught.

Life is about growing and maturing, as well as caring and empathising. Not merely about yourself, but your fellow Americans , and why stop there; the whole world and all its plants, animals, and biosphere. We're all connected. The smallest problems in the world are a piece of the puzzle that adds up to the big picture. It's putting the pieces together and seeing the whole thing that makes the journey so wonderful.

This is why we respect some people and grow tired of others. You have seen that there is conflicts between life choices law and government. These have always been in conflict as we are required to live within the parameters of human decency, with respect for our differences. It is a balancing act as old as time and affects all aspects of existence, from nature to nurture. If you continue with your law career, then you will find that from Plato to Hobbes, to Rowe vs Wade, there are connections and logic and reason sometimes are in conflict with government and religion. I'll never forget the first time I read Plato's cave, or my first understanding of Hobbes as a feminist. There is so much to learn in your life and we envy you young people. People like Bucky scare us into thinking that there is no hope for the youth of today, but then someone comes along and reminds us of ourselves and we remember the questions and experiences that changed our lives.

That is what hardens us, but we always remember that the most important thing is that we remember that change is the constant in everyones life and when you stop the change, you stop your life. Keep on changing and keep on thinking free, no matter how dangerous and scary it feels, there is always someone to help you. You're never alone because you always have yourself.

Welcome. There's lots to read here and lots of help if you want it. Just ask questions and someone will be glad to give their opinion. Take it or leave it, it will give you something to think about. And thinking is what it's all about. :wink:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]