It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Red Coats Are Coming! The Red Coats Are Coming!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Red Coats Are Coming! The Red Coats Are Coming!

Jack Dalton

I remember what it was like in this country 35 years ago with troops on our streets under the very same guise, ''It's nothing subversive,'' said Zezotarksi. ''Because who knows who could infiltrate that type of group and try to stir something up? After all, we live in the age of terrorism, so who knows?'' Any contrived excuse to repress and oppress.

It would not surprise me in the least to see something take place, people die and martial law imposed at the federal level. A re-reading of “Operation Northwoods” and “Operation Gladio” not be a bad idea as what I am seeing coming out of Washington is a lot more “than meets the eye.”

The end result back during the anti-war years of the American War in Vietnam were American troops killing Americans at Kent State in 1971; Vietnam veterans gassed and beaten in Washington, D.C. in 1971, also by American troops and police. I could go on with a list covering more such “events” around the country from back then, but there is no need as this is all information in the public domain and is a very easy find.

“Mission Creep” always happens, always. Already various so-called federal “law enforcement” agencies are repeating what took place in the 60’s and 70’s under COINTELPRO; and with the Guard in California being given the “authority” they have, I am sure more states will follow suit. The end result is that “never again” is here again.

The “Patriot Act;” Posse Comitatus has all been done away with as a result of the Bush war on “terror” under which everything and everyone is suspect; and troops will once again be told to “draw down” on other American’s to defend an administration and it’s policies.

When a government, any government, feels it must use its military to impose it’s will upon its own citizens methinks that be called “Totalitarianism: … imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed [emphasis added].” -- The American Heritage Dictionary.

Fly your flags upside down, as we truly are a nation in distress. -- Jack

Jack Dalton is a disabled Vietnam veteran, activist and independent writer that lives in Portland, Or. He has a blog, Jack’s Straight Speak and is a columnist for the POAC as well as many other web publications.

Link: http://oldamericancentury.org/dalt_1073.htm

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:19 am 

Jack's right. IF anyone flys the flag on the 4th, it should be upside down.

Or part of my tent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:37 am 
Involved
Involved

:evil:
Last night, President Bush addressed the nation about the war, but he refused to level with our troops and the American people and offer a strategy for success in Iraq.

Our soldiers in Iraq need more than vague assurances of progress from the President. They need an effective plan to end the violence, bring peace and stability to Iraq, and return home with dignity and honor.

Unfortunately, the administration's view of the war is ignoring reality.

As an example, the Downing Street Minutes, and statements by former Administration and British officials on the issue have raised new doubts about the way the Administration went to war in Iraq. But the truth should come from the White House, not Downing Street.

The Administration will not face the facts or develop an effective strategy. Secretary Rumsfeld and Vice-President Cheney can't even agree on the strength of the insurgency and the time and resources needed to defeat it.

Last Thursday, I called on Secretary Rumsfeld to resign as the first step in a new strategy--and now I ask you to join me in calling on this Administration to level with the American people and develop a plan for success in Iraq:

http://www.tedkennedy.com/iraqstrategy

Our current strategy isn't working. Only when President Bush, Secretary Rumsfeld, and the rest of the Administration begin to address the realities of what is happening on the ground can we hope to make progress in the region.

Like many of you, I have spoken out against this war and the Administration's lack of an effective strategy. But, together, our voices are much stronger. Many of you successfully helped to make the Downing Street Minutes part of the national debate. By demanding more of this Administration, we can make an impact.

Our soldiers need more than a public relations campaign from the Administration to win this war. They need honesty and leadership:

To succeed in Iraq--and the war on terrorism--we have to restore trust in our nation's leadership. No matter where you stand on the war - we can all agree that we must not repeat the kind of mistakes that led us into this misguided war.

The truth about Iraq does not belong to any political party--it belongs to all of the American people, and they are entitled to hear it.

Please join me in calling on the President to lay out an effective strategy in Iraq. It is not enough to keep hoping that the Administration will finally wake up to the realities on the ground in Iraq. We must make sure that they do:

My campaign staff and volunteers like you will deliver our petition to the White House next week, demonstrating that Americans demand greater accountability and a better plan for success in Iraq.

In the coming weeks, we will build on this initiative to hold the Administration accountable, and we will continue to work together for full and honest answers from the White House. As many people as possible must be involved so that we are heard loud and clear.

Thank you for joining in this all-important initiative.

Sincerely,

Senator Edward M. Kennedy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:59 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Carolyn Ianncelli wrote:

To succeed in Iraq--and the war on terrorism--we have to restore trust in our nation's leadership. No matter where you stand on the war - we can all agree that we must not repeat the kind of mistakes that led us into this misguided war.

The truth about Iraq does not belong to any political party--it belongs to all of the American people, and they are entitled to hear it.

Please join me in calling on the President to lay out an effective strategy in Iraq. It is not enough to keep hoping that the Administration will finally wake up to the realities on the ground in Iraq. We must make sure that they do:

I went to the site, but did not sign the petition. Instead I sent them an email asking why Ted Kennedy is sounding as regressive as John Kerry.

We cannot "succeed in Iraq." In order to succeed, we'd first have to have a mission or goal. If you know what that mission or goal might be, please tell me. I know it isn't to find WMDs because Iraq didn't have any. I know it isn't to avenge 9/11, because Iraq didn't do it. I know it isn't to spread democracy, as we no longer have democracy here. And I know it isn't to protect the Iraqis, as they've had more deaths since we invaded than prior. Who are we supposed to protect them from anyway--us? We're the ones who invaded. I don't think we're in a good position to protect them from us.

Besides, it wasn't "mistakes" that led us into this war, it was deliberate lies. The decision was already made and afterwards the intelligence was fixed to support that decision, although we'd already started bombing Iraq so the Iraqis knew our intentions even if we didn't.

The American people do not support the war. We already know the truth about Iraq. What we're looking for is a political party that also knows the truth and will act accordingly. If Ted Kennedy knows of such a party, why doesn't he tell us about it?

This administration already knows the realities on the ground in Iraq. It could hardly be unaware of something it is making billions of dollars in profits in war profiteering from. It wants those billions to keep flowing, and it couldn't care less about who dies for their lies. It certainly couldn't care less what a liberal Democrat and millions of Americans say. It doesn't even care what Republicans opposed to the war say--this is the administration that fired Gen. Shinseki for saying we'd need more troops. It doesn't listen to anyone. All it can hear is ka-ching! Think about it. If you were making trillions of dollars from some illegal venture, would you listen to anyone who told you it was wrong and you should stop?

There can be no "effective strategy in Iraq." Iraq is a war crime. We had no legitimate reason to invade, we have no legitimate reason to be there now, and we have no legitimate reason to stay there. The only "effective strategy" is to get out of Iraq, apologize, turn our war criminals over to the World Court for justice, and pay reparations to those we've tortured or killed for no good reason whatsoever, or to their survivors. The longer we stay we more hatred we arouse and the larger the eventual reparations will be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:08 am 

Thank you Carolyn for posting Ted Kennedy's petition. I will sign it and send it to others who may not have seen it otherwise.

Thank heavens we still have good guys working for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:56 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

dori wrote:
Thank heavens we still have good guys working for us.

Well, I admit that a guy who only wants to continue committing an international war crime for a few more years is better than someone who wants to continue committing it indefinitely. But I wouldn't call him "good." I reserve that term for those who want to end the war immediately, and I don't see too many of them in either party.

When you make up lies to justify invading a country that hasn't attacked you, it is called an international war crime. It is an atrocity--a crime against humanity. Particularly when it involves torture (I know you haven't seen the pictures from Abu Ghraib because you only see good things) and the deaths of innocent women and children. There is no safe, dignified, or graceful strategy for exiting a war crime. Every moment it continues, innocent people die and our troops die. Once you understand that there was no justification for this war crime, you stop committing it. Immediately. Before another single person unnecessarily dies for a lie. Anyone who can't understand that, probably isn't one of the good guys.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]