It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: When does it stop
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:57 am 
Involved
Involved

Can you believe the gall of the U.S.Postal Service honoring these people. Sonny

How ironic is this??!! They don't even believe in Christ and they're getting their own Christmas stamp, but don't dream of posting the ten commandments on federal property?

This one is impossible to believe. Scroll down for the text.
If there is only one thing you forward today.....let it be this!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm
Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World
Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine
barracks in Lebanon!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military
barracks in Saudi Arabia!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American
Embassies in Africa!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11/2001!

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were
lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the
EID MUSLIM holiday season with a commemorative first class
holiday postage stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp
when purchasing your stamps at the post office.
To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those
AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

REMEMBER to pass this along to every patriotic AMERICAN you know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:10 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

How ironic is this??!! They don't even believe in Christ and they're getting their own Christmas stamp, but don't dream of posting the ten commandments on federal property?

first of all, your post is a copy of spam email that was sent around and it originated by some truth distorting and predjudiced group of people who know they can play on the little minds of the masses. this began in 2002!!!!

also, who cares who believes in christ or not? as an atheist, it doesn't bother me if someone does or not, but........
that opening statement should have set a bell off in your head that something is wrong with the letter!

with that, let's get to the REAL truth about this stamp before we go off on some southern style lynching.......

Origins:

The EID
postage stamp described above was introduced by the United States Postal Service (at the then-current 34-cent rate) as part of their Holiday Celebrations Series on 1 September 2001, just ten days before the September 11 terrorist attacks on New York and Washington. The EID stamp was reissued by the USPS in October 2002 at the new 37-cent rate.

As the USPS describes the stamp:

The Eid stamp commemorates the two most important festivals — or eids — in the Islamic calendar: Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. On these days, Muslims wish each other "Eid mubarak," the phrase featured in Islamic calligraphy on the stamp. "Eid mubarak" translates literally as "blessed festival," and can be paraphrased as "May your religious holiday be blessed." This phrase can be applied to both Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha.
The word "eid" is roughly equivalent to the English word "celebration" or "festival." The three-day Eid al-Fitr celebrates the end of the month-long fasting of Ramadan; the three-day Eid al-Adha commemorates the willingness of the Prophet Abraham to sacrifice his son Ishmael in response to God's command*, and it marks the end of Hajj, the annual Muslim pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca.

Should Americans boycott a stamp commemorating Islamic holidays? That's a personal decision, but the following facts may prove informative:
The EID stamp is an ordinary first-class postage stamp; all proceeds from its sale go to the USPS, not to any Muslim-related groups or organizations. Boycotting the EID stamp is a purely symbolic act with no financial impact on anyone.

The United States is home to an estimated 6 million Muslims, and according to the U.S. State Department, by the year 2010 the Muslim population of the United is expected to surpass the Jewish population, making Islam the country's second-largest faith.

The USPS already issues stamps commemorating the Christian holiday of Christmas (with both religious and festive themes) and the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah.

The American greeting card manufacturer Hallmark produces cards celebrating Eid al-Fitr.

The President of the United States, George W. Bush, has extended official greetings, issued messages, and participated in commemorations of both Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha (even after the September 11 attacks), and the White House web site promotes the EID stamp as well.

source:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/eidstamp.asp

it didn't take much research to find out the email you got was mass sent spam type email to MISINFORM people with distorted ideas. i think that people who spread this kind of false information are worse than the "terrorist muslims" they are referring to.

the origin of this spam email is pure racist ideology, and they should be stoned for attempting to spread false information AND using "christ" as a tool of deception. likewise, shame on all "christians" who believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:51 am 
Involved
Involved

Again I guess I have egg on my face.
I was sent the email..they were not my words but I agree with them.
I really don't care if you or anyone believes in God..I do so my ass is covered just in case your wrong and I'm right.

Thanks for the experience of visiting here. I won't be back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:04 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Carolyn Ianncelli wrote:
Again I guess I have egg on my face.
I was sent the email..they were not my words but I agree with them.
I really don't care if you or anyone believes in God..I do so my ass is covered just in case your wrong and I'm right.

Thanks for the experience of visiting here. I won't be back.

carolyn,

i sincerely apologize if i sounded like i was belittling you...that wasn't my intent. i also knew you merely posted an email that you received and shared with the forum.

i was only pointing out that the email, originated in 2002, was a false, distorted spam sent around intended to dwell on people's emotions.

as for believing in god or not, that's your choice as well as mine, but any email that i get that uses "god" or "christ" as a basis for an argument immediately throws a red flag of caution up for me.

you don't have to leave the forum, and i again apologize if my reply sounded like i was attacking you personally....i wasn't. even i have quoted a "source" of information occassionally that was proven to be false....we all have done it....and, i was corrected also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:04 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

C'mon back Carolyn. Do not give up I like you very much

TUT [aka eric]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:06 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Little known fact, the Christians that got fed to the Lions were Gnostics (for the most part) the people who did the feeding where Roman Christians, ostensively to stop heresy.

Christians killed untold numbers of Europeans during the period we now commonly call *the dark age* with their *baptize or die* approach to conversion.

The Inquisition killed millions of people, again, to prevent heresy.

The Crusades killed millions of people, with huge numbers being slaughtered *on the way* (they were only letting off steam, I suppose)

No one knows how many American Natives were slaughtered by the Spanish as heathens and pagans, but it can quite conservatively be placed in the millions.

The great *Christian Nation* of had an open policy of genocide during the Indian Wars, once again, no one can even estimate the number of deaths. Thousands died on the trail of tears alone. The same nation invented the concept of *total war* and killed untold civilians who happened to be fellow Americans. Self same *Christian Nation* started 3 wars (that we know of) by slaughtering its own citizens in *mock terror attacks*( Spanish American War, World War 2, and Vietnam)

Christians turned a blind eye to the decimation of Eastern European populations during Hitler pogram.

These are only the high points of the wonderful legacy of the followers of Christ, who ,when asked to add a commandment told his followers *love thy neighbor as thyself*.

It is the utmost hypocracy for ANY Christian to point fingers at any other religion for violent behavior, and religious slaughter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:29 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

many quotes here from famous atheists.....some of them our founding fathers...

http://www.wonderfulatheistsofcfl.org/Quotes.htm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]