It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: return it to walmart....
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

tell me something, now i'm glad people are starting to be against the war, but one has to seriously question their reasons for now being anti-war...

Recently on National Public Radio, a woman explained why she had changed her mind about the war in Iraq. She said, "It's no longer worthwhile" as if talking about hanging her laundry, as if it were something she'd purchased at Wal-Mart and decided to return.
It occurred to me she had exposed in that single word the cavalier violence not only of the war itself but the violence of the American mind:
We can kill at whim. We can waltz into other countries with our guns loaded when we feel like it. We can skip off to Granada or Panama and bomb away as easily as hanging our clothes on the line or throwing them in the dryer, whichever is more "worthwhile."

Everything is weighed in its exchange value: how much can I get out of this adventure? If we only kill a few people and end up with a lot of oil, it sure sounds worthwhile to me, never mind the moral and legal aspects, never mind the lies and the fact that some (the oil men at the top) benefit lots more than I do.

It is vile to promote the war, vote for it, support it with your flags and stickers, and then, because the violence continues, or it seems it might be siphoning all your money, or that it might be ruining the economy, or that it's just not going as expected, decide it is not "worthwhile".
War is not worthwhile. War is the last resort when you are confronted with imminent attack. We were never...

source and more:
http://www.commondreams.org/cgi-bin/pri ... 910-29.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

For those chickenhawks and lip service patriots that don't have the balls to actually walk their war talk, they can now do it with their wallets... yes my fellow americans, the government wants you to dig deep and help them rebuild... IRAQ! :shock:

USAID has launched a website soliciting funds to help pay
for reconstructing iraq... Like the $200 billion the tax payers have
already paid wasn't enough... maybe if there was some oversight of the
money that has been spent, more would have gotten done...

Makes you feel confident in the prezzydent's plan for nawlins, doesn't
it?

obtw... the tiger tips his hat to ArchAngel for this story...

[url=http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?itemid=19683]PayPal-ing the war in Iraq
USAID launches an online venture to solicit donations
from the American public for rebuilding projects in Iraq

[/url]

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]