It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Draft
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:22 am 

Since Bush said he will not reinstate the draft he's not going to have to. The White House has admitted that recruitment is down across the board so in theroy only could this be the reason? Big business it seems can't out source its jobs fast enough our boarder with Mexico may as well not be there so the few jobs that remain there is a limitless supply of workers who will work for peanuts, whats left? The goverment is now offering $6000. sign bonuses an if you get someone else to join you get even more money. So if your looking for a job who's hiring?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:49 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

are you saying that joining the military is becoming the only option for getting a job?

that $6000 might sound nice, but over a 4 year period it only equates to $125 per month....now, even working at mcdonalds you can make more than that in a week.....

Post subject: Put on your tin hats, goons. Its war again. yay
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I think what tbolt is reefering to is " If you don't like that low paying job at McDonalds, heres 6000 bucks to go party with, before you go off to kill innocent women and children, for peanuts, to defend the idealism of capitalistic, hegemonic democratism, as a new recruit of the United Snakes Militarists."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:42 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

[I think what tbolt is reefering to is " If you don't like that low paying job at McDonalds, heres 6000 bucks to go party with, before you go off to kill innocent women and children, for peanuts, to defend the idealism of capitalistic, hegemonic democratism, as a new recruit of the United Snakes Militarists."]

Many of the young men and women in the military are just that. Young. Truth be told, their minds are not even fully developed. They are still searching for themselves, and trying to figure out the world. The first thing that happens to them upon entering the military is reprograming. High stress and lack of sleep over long periods of time allows them to mold a soldier into the brainwashed, obeidient soldier which they want. Those that are not able to be brainwashed are dissmissed after a few attempts at trying to break them.
I'm not sure how you are meaning the statement above, so no, I'm not flamming you. If I read above in the wrong contexet, please forgive me.
Are you blaming soldiers for doing what they are told to do?
No, it does not mean that I advocate what is happening, not in the least. I hate what is happening, and what/who has caused it. But I prefer to lay the blame and the bodys at the feet of those truely responsible.
Any time that you use statements like the one you made, I feel that it reverts us back to the days of vietnam when soldiers were spit on. This is not somthing that I would like to see again.
You see, I was in the military, so I kind of understand what they are going through, and truth be told I can only feel sorry for them.
Another thing you cant forget. The propaganda which we get over here is not even a drop in the bucket compared to what our soldiers are going through over there. Heck, America is just starting to wake up to the truth, and we have the means to find it. They have no means to find it. They can only do as they are told, and beleive what they are told.

Now I have to go. I'm watching this asshole on tv complaining that we have to be worried about a dirty bomb in the country, and the after affects. Gonna have to write to this news disinformer and ask him why he didnt ask the prick why we are using dirty bombs (Depleted Uranium).
Now I'm pissed. :evil: [/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:52 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

out of curiosity, i looked up the average age of our soldiers. many sites claim them to be around 19 years of age, but i remembered seeing that some troops much older have been killed in iraq. so, i looked further and found this site:

http://www.jamesglaser.org/2003/p20030730.html

Bloomberg.com listed 224 of the Americans that have been killed so far, with their ages. To my surprise the average age of those killed is 27.15 years. In this new war the troops getting killed are on average, are over 4 years older that those killed in Vietnam

To tell you the truth, I can't think of anyone out in the field in Vietnam that was even twenty five. I went over at the age of 21 and was the oldest guy in my bunker in Dong Ha. There were older Marines in our unit for sure, but they tended to stay down in Da Nang and they would come out to the various landing zones I was at for the day, but come dark and they headed back down South.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:41 am 

I had quite a few friends that were in desert storm and at that time we were in our mid 20's. Many, if not most, of my friends that were there had gone to college on ROTC type scholarships, and were required after college to spend I believe it was 4 years in the military. I know these types of scholarships are still out there because I was just talking to a school guidance councilor a week ago it. He told me his nephew was having his college almost completely paid for. With the high costs of college that is a very good incentive for kids just getting out of high school. They aren't thinking of the long term, only "Hey! I can get my college paid for!" I think this may be a large reason why the age is higher. I would think even kids that have been out of high school a few years could start college the same way, so if they were 22 when they started college, they would be 26 when they got out and then begin serving their time in the service.

Last edited by Nina on Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:48 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I agree with tbolt... it seems as if the jobs market is drying up... and if it is, then they can drive those unable to find a job that supports the life style their parents had provided them into that honorable profession aka the military.

Enlistment Problems Solved...

:evil:

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Everyone is making good points here. Nina may be on to something as in Vietnam they had people signing up and a draft, so they didn't have to offer incentives to join.

No I'm not dissing what a soldier is forced to do Crimson. We live in a violence fed society. Most of these kids grew up watching it happen from an early age. So again, it is part of the numbing of the experience which is so much a part of our pedagogy. From movies to video games to life at school and in the streets, we see that violence is a way to get what we want. It's no wonder that when you throw a bunch of kids into a real life warzone, they find that jumping at shadows is a reality that too many people on the edge of life find a driving motivating factor, to act first and question later. This was so evident in Vietnam as the incident at My Lai illustrated, and this was merely a single incident that was reported. When it's you or them, be it men, women or children, your instincts for survival overpower your reason more often than not.

I'm a Canadian, but we had deserters and draft dodgers living next door to us during the Vietnam years and welcomed them . They were pretty messed up from the things they saw(Those that deserted) and those that avoided the draft really felt displacement and some sense of betrayal not only from their government, but also from the fact that they were forced to make such a decision as to leave the land they loved so much. Some of the stories they told me were pretty grotesque. Not the kind of thing young men should have to go through. It was scary for them, strangers in a strange land, until the draft dodgers were given amnesty. I met one guy who was a deserter some years later, who told me he missed his family in Oklahoma and his home so much that he was going to risk going home to see them. I never saw him again and don't know what happened to him. Even now, Canada doesn't have an amnesty policy for deserters and conscientious deserters, but many soldiers are coming to Canada and applying for amnesty. If there's anyone out there who needs info on this, the address is www.resisters.ca . If you wish to help some of your brave disillusioned fellow Americans, with a cheque, or wish to know more, contact War Resisters Support Campaign, 427 Bloor st. west, Box 13 Toronto Ont. m5s 1x7. Cheques can be made payable to-Jeffry House in Trust-. There are now 15 resisters applying for refugee status in Canada and it is estimated about 100 more underground here, and about 6000 AWOL in the U.S. We empathise and don't want to see another Vietnam, but don't forget Canada has bloody hands in this as we're involved in Afghanistan.

There is only one thing stupider than our elite leaders and that is the wars they want us to participate in. It only benefits them and feeds the ground with our blood sacrifice. They get paid so little for their sacrifices, both physical and mental. I never spit on those soldiers from Vietnam. They saw the hypocracy and were forced to leave. The sentiment at home was the thing that changed the policy. What the redneck swine read into it was another sad chapter in American history. What, do Americans live with the illusion that they can't run from a battle? Even Japan lost wars, but their propaganda machine over the centuries churned up myths of gods protection and divine rights that served them well when the need for myths drove them on during the second world war, almost to their total demise. You can do it again in America, if enough of you get up and protest the war. Drown out the dissenters with your right to be heard. There is a huge rally on Nov.2 in Washington D.C. Get out and make your statement right on the Whitehouse lawn. Protest ,make love think peace, and change the tide and sentiment so that Bush has no choice but to resign. I want to see 5 million of you people there to clog the city streets for three or four days. Get up, stand up- For what rights you have left!

Or get a shovel and "Dig the trenches deep, sew the flesh and weep."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:36 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Go Crimson Eagles,

Push em back, push em back, waaaayyyyyy baacckk!!!! :wink:

Here is the plan that was designed in Texas between Canada, Mexico, and USA. Dissolve borders and and reestablish them on a shorter Mexican border in the south. And the wilderness of Alaska and Canada to the north as a buffer. Allow the current 10 million illegal Mexican aliens citizenship. And then they will be more than happy to enlist for the military and send the 6000 dollars home to their families and go to war. Muslims against Catholics one more time.
The geo political ideals came from the CFR and are being negotiated as I write. The mil/ind/gov complex under the council of Carlye will handle the internal and external military aspects. Welcome to the New World Order.

TUT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:22 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

back in 1969 i burned my draft card...but it was a symbolic protest against the war in vietnam.

i went for my pre-induction physical and they decided at some point during that day that i was "incorrigable" and not worthy of being drafted....imagine that....not worthy enough to go to war....not that i wanted to, but it was the draft days. they gave me an undesirable classification and told me to leave. to this day i never asked why and they never told me. perhaps during some psycholigical evaluation they saw i would not make a good soldier.

i've been a rebel all my life and, obviously, still am, but i have conformed and i'm a good taxpayer...i just don't support bullshit wars. i am not a pacifist and i've had my share of fights and confrontations in life. i also own several guns and won't hesitate to use one if the need arose.

i attended as many anti-war rallies as i could, and i was very outspoken against the war in vietnam...even to this day. i would never let my sons enlist if they wanted to and i do my best to discourage any of their friends who even thought about it.

this war is complete bullshit and i hope i can convince one more NOT to enlist and risk their life for george bush.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Since Bush said he will not reinstate the draft

:lol: SURELY you don't BELIEVE ANYTHING this man has ever said.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:09 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

He is 'Temporary' a "Dead Man Walking" Cheny must make his move on the Presidency and get rid of Fitzpatrick.

COULD IT BE?
Even though President George W. Bush is an establishment man's darling puppet, harking back to his days at Yale as a life-long member of the Skulls fraternity (if not before), his commitment to Christ and Christianity is more deeply seated in his soul than his commitment to the elite power that be on this planet.

GALVANIZING EVENTS
The horror of the Sept. 11 attack on NYC and the Pentagon may have triggered an awareness in him of that difference in his soul, for he knows that some of the insiders helped orchestrate the horrific events of that day.

RAMIFICATIONS
Will he seek to serve God rather than the cabal who are running the Babylon show on earth right now? If so, his life will be in jeopardy -- not at the hand of terrorists, but at the behest of the powers that be, whether they use terrorists to take him out or a tainted glass of wine carefully placed.

YOU CAN GET OUT
The message of the movie "Skulls" was that even though a person might get sucked into a secret combination, does not mean they cannot get out.
http://www.greaterthings.com/News/911/S ... sh_Out.htm

Stripey, :roll: you will like this :P

http://www.secretsofthetomb.com/

TUT :twisted:

p.s. he is and has been a pawn because he looks good in a good ole cowboy hat. he has been had just like America.
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:31 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Intel Analysis

About two years ago it was widely broadcasted that AQ's tactic's have changed from targets of mass destruction to targets of high profile. Remember!! That AQ had sleeper cells that would carry out high target rich assassinations. The polls are down the tide is turning it is time to bring the 'Evil Ones" back into play. After all the original Muslim Religion was based on a cult of Sufi Whirling Dervish's known as the Hashish Assassins. They would attain a height of ecstasy by dancing and whirling to a fevered state of madness and heightened awareness and then go and complete the Assassin Assignments as Dictated by the Caliph.
Welcome to the 7 th Century brought to you by Neo Con Productions in wide screen and Technicolor please put on your 3-d glasses relax and enjoy the show. Cocktails will be served at intermission. :twisted: :P

TUT FOOOONY TONIGHT :wink:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]