It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Do You Think That Our Terror Alerts Were Hyped?
Yes absolutely 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
Yes more often than not 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It sure looks like it 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, I believe whatever the government tells me 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: The Politics Of Terrorist Alerts
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:38 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I bet you thought that a lot of the terror alerts that we've had in the past were fishy... but here's a nifty synopsis of that fish marketeering at it's worst provided to us by Keith Olbermann on his MSNBC show... Countdown...

Quote:
The Nexus of Politics and Terror (Keith Olbermann)

Secaucus - Last Thursday on Countdown, I referred to the latest terror threat - the reported bomb plot against the New York City subway system - in terms of its timing. President Bush's speech about the war on terror had come earlier the same day, as had the breaking news of the possible indictment of Karl Rove in the CIA leak investigation.

I suggested that in the last three years there had been about 13 similar coincidences - a political downturn for the administration, followed by a "terror event" - a change in alert status, an arrest, a warning.

We figured we'd better put that list of coincidences on the public record. We did so this evening on the television program, with ten of these examples. The other three are listed at the end of the main list, out of chronological order. The contraction was made purely for the sake of television timing considerations, and permitted us to get the live reaction of the former Undersecretary of Homeland Security, Asa Hutchinson.

We bring you these coincidences, reminding you, and ourselves here, that perhaps the simplest piece of wisdom in the world is called "the logical fallacy." Just because Event "A" occurs, and then Event "B" occurs, that does not automatically mean that Event "A" caused Event "B."

But one set of comments from an informed observer seems particularly relevant as we examine these coincidences.

On May 10th of this year, after his resignation, former Secretary of Homeland Security Ridge looked back on the terror alert level changes, issued on his watch.

Mr. Ridge said: "More often than not we were the least inclined to raise it. Sometimes we disagreed with the intelligence assessment. Sometimes we thought even if the intelligence was good, you don't necessarily put the country on (alert)… there were times when some people were really aggressive about raising it, and we said `for that?'"

Please, judge for yourself.

...snip

So click on the link and read the events that preceded the subsequent alerts...

And then come back and tell us if you too think this stinks of 3-week old fish wrappings...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

how about the "titanic philosophy"?

now, isn't this just heart warming for the rich....

Boortz: Faced with an impending national disaster, "we should save the rich people first"

http://mediamatters.org/items/200510140006

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:59 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

I agree with that, I would perfer all the rich in one place, makes for less fallout when we nuke em.....not that we will.....well, ya....

booga booga to terrorist warnings. I gots me duct tape and plastic. Ready to go.

The next umm event planned will be ugly, Look for Osama (I been dead for years) Bin Laden to get his hands on a nuke (that Plume's office was tracking beofre Bush outted them), and explode it quite a ways from Crawford, Tx. I would be surprised if Osama has some US produced Anthrax too, or maybe some sick birds.....

The only way to avoid this is to bow down to the orders of our masters, and make sure Israel expands to include all of Eur-asia. Bah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

i suspected that the recent NYC subway scare was exactly that...all oilitical because they are having mayoral elections soon and the current mayor wants to ensure his win.

it worked...new yorkers were scared and willingly allowed them to inspect personal bags. i saw the cops checking the bag of some blonde woman about maybe 35ish...yep...she looked exactly like a fuckin terrorist.

god that pisses me off that people take this crap.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]