It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Time For The Deep Pockets On The Left To Pony Up
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:06 pm 
Involved
Involved

This is a transcript of Joe Vecchio's daily "Cup O' Joe Report" podcast, availaible via "screaming audio" here and posted with the permission of the author.

Ben Burch of the White Rose Society has another fundraiser going on. Ben does fantastic work in archiving numerous radio shows, including the Cup O'Joe Show, done by yours truly. I'm not bringing that up just because I'd like you to make a donation, which of course I do, but to highlight, once again the problems we face on the left. Yes, that means I'm going to get all "negative" again.

A big reason why the right now dominates the message in this country is that, years ago, they threw a lot of money into creating media outlets to have their voices heard. Through a combination of corporate money and money from financiers such as Richard Mellon Scaife, they bought radio stations, newspapers and magazines and otherwise spread the wealth around.

But that's not what we do. People like Ben and myself are forced to beg for donations because the moneypockets on the left are stingier with their wallets than any Scrooge. Where the right will put a million dollars into some new venture and give people the freedom to run things, the left will hand out fifty thousand and demand accountability for every penny. We seem to think that there's something wrong with earning a buck while fighting for the cause, and that's just plain garbage. As I've said before, there is no dignity in poverty, and no amount of money is going to protect the wealthiest people on the left if the right should gain the kind of power they want.

It's way past time they started to put up or be shut up. Because if we go, they go, too.

Click Here To Listen To The Podcast

For Discussion: Why do you think the left has a problem with money? Are you tired of being asked to donate to these web sites? Or are any of them worth donating to? Tell me what you think!

The Cup O' Joe Report podcast is available free of charge to any radio show who wishes to use it. The views expressed by Joe Vecchio are entirely his own and do not necessarily reflect the viewpoint of any organization he belongs to.

Cup O' Joe - Blog Of The Working Man's Thinking Man!

Head On Radio with Bob Kincaid
All Things Reconsidered
Fourth Estate Radio
Big Phil's Love Parade

Joe Vecchio is a proud member of the The White Rose Society!

Enjoy these reports? Make A Donation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I think it has to do with the fact that the right has no real morals and scruples when it comes to making money or understanding what values really are. They feign virtuosity while they espouse those things that people really concern themselves over, thus monopolising on peoples inner illusions. If you listen to a Bush speech he talks of freedom, liberty security, but his actions are more along the practice of preaching anger, fear, hatred and bigotry. Justice is a word that he could interchange with revenge any time and so it allows him to lie for the sake of justice. When people wish for things and one party is willing to give them it ,despite showing no compassion or justice or equality for gays, women arabs, Muslims, the environment , ignoring global warming, world ideals, practicing colonialism under humanitarian guise etc. for the sake of maintaining resources, power and control, it entertains the prejudices of the elitist idealist factions of society to maintain a stranglehold on those of the people who sell their souls for a pittance, to maintain the ruling oligarchy. Proverbs is full of quotes against women and tells the people that they are within their rights to take from sinners whatever they can and use it against them, the Adam and Eve story states that women give into their bodies and must be controlled, while being under men. These things help to justify the abuse of man, earth and women so that a few white men can rule and control the funding and funds that maintain their control. There is a division forming along ethnic and color lines within the United States that is becoming too obvious and soon will be the major factor in its decisions being made as to who will support whom and for what reason. The neo fascist regime is on the rise.

Meanwhile the left is disjointed by policies and rhetoric from the right and can't come together in a show of strength against this moralistic values based onslaught of obfuscation, deception and lies perpetrated by the hordes of bigots and greedy consumerists on the right. This has prevented the left from becoming united and capable of regaining the wealth and support of the business end of things, like corporate America, and therefor is left out of the monetary equation. It is a problem that develops when you don't try to please the true ruling class in America, what Bush called his Base, that has weakened the earning power of the left. That and the ideas of peace and avoiding wars of resources has left the left with a disjointed confused following which doesn't get the respect it should have. The lies on the right are what the people want, so that white America can remain at the forefront of wealth in America, and the republican party caters to that segment. With the fear being manufactured by the right, the left is feeling it as well as they feel the pinch of progressive restraints on their earning power. Corporate America pushes the agenda of "Gimme S'more', while real jobs disappear. The wealth on the left is gone and when people who wish to bring down the fascist ideals in America plead their case, people are afraid of the damage it will do to them and their country, and find it difficult to spare the money to help support real solutions to the cause of this power shift. What will it do to weaken our country? What will it do to my own ability to provide for my family?

We live in a material world where wealth is the goal to laud and poverty is a shame to be carried. It is a question of priorizing our needs and obviously the left will lose when it comes to questioning the use of resources as well as its distribution and its wealth acquisition in America and the world. Corporate America wants it all and will back whomever will give it to them. Such is the true nature of freedom in America.

It is an easy way to identify support and so it rewards those who are part of the club. It is a self sustaining approach, which reciprocates itself by rewarding its own. This is how Hitler rose, and Bush isn't afraid to use the same tactics.

I hope this starts some kind of dialogue here, because this seems to be an item that the left doesn't want to breach. I know Jesse has mentioned that he feels that he gets no rewards for his hard work and efforts here at TVNL either, and it's about time this issue was approached and resolved before we lose our country to the right wing extremists and their corporate rulers. It's important to support people such as yourself, or all the news medias will be bought and broadcast from the right side, which is totally wrong, but is what people want to believe is right- because it profits their inner anger and hatred against the Other, as well as being hetero, christian, privileged and white, sorry right.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:46 pm 
Involved
Involved

What I wish the Democrats had was the fighting spirit the Republicans do, without resorting to the lies and demonization. Too many of our political leaders, locally and nationally, are more concerned with their own positions than they are with doing what's right by their party or their country.

In politics, as I have said before, there's no such thing as second place. 49% of the vote means zero percent of the power. Unlike the Republicans, we should be magnanimous in victory, but we ought to make sure we win first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

In a 2 party system you are so correct. Better to guarantee success and then initiate reforms and hope they don't alienate the voting public back to the right. That is what Bush did after 8 years of Dems. Will the left be able to reverse what Bush has done. I guess the Judiciary is fixed for many years now since they're in for life or until they quit. Perhaps there will have to be new laws about it installed to undo that stranglehold.

The left has some serious recovering to do.

Thanks for the coffee each morning Joe.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]