It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Queen for a month, but maybe not?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:38 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Shelley Sekula-Gibbs (R-TX) was sworn in temporarily as a congresswoman. however, even tho this is going to be short-term, one has to wonder if she is now going to enjoy that nice hefty pension and benefit package those congresspeople receive. i tried to find more info, but no one seems to have that answer.

nice little scam...eh?

November 15, 2006
Congresswoman for a Month

Shelley Sekula-Gibbs (R-TX) "was sworn in as a congresswoman on Monday night and already she's a lame duck," the Washington Post reports.

"Because of a weird electoral quirk, her brief term in office expires next month." Last week, voters in former Rep. Tom DeLay's old district "got to cast two votes for Congress. The Texas voters elected Sekula-Gibbs to fill the remaining portion of DeLay's term -- but they elected Democrat Nick Lampson to succeed DeLay in the Congress that takes office in January, a race that Sekula-Gibbs had to run as a write-in candidate."

The Houston Chronicle: "Officially, Sekula-Gibbs has slightly more than seven weeks before she gives up her seat to Lampson. In reality, lawmakers are expected to be in session for less than half the time."

But she'll retain all the perks that any other ex-member gets, such as use of the House gym and access to the House floor.

She said: "I'm blessed by God. This really is a gift from God."

...no, you dumb f*ck...it's a gift from the people!!!!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01356.html

now, get this...tell me she isn't being a true blonde:

I'm working hard to accomplish the things I'm working for," she said yesterday. "For tax cuts. For immigration reform. To make sure we have a good solution for the war in Iraq."

imagine that. she's going to do in just a couple of weeks what it's taken years to even come close to getting done!!!!