It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Are all of bush's supporters brain dead?
yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
yes, and morally corrupt as well 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
see above adding evil too 100%  100%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: KO KO's the prez with another special comment...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:38 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I love Keith Olbermann's show... Don't you?

This is from last night's show and is another in a growing list of Special Comments directed at the latest gaff by bush...

The link is to the Keith Olbermann blog... no affilliation to KO himself...

Quote:

Special Comment on IraN

Only this president, only in this time, only with this dangerous, even messianic certitude, could answer a country demanding an exit strategy from Iraq, by offering instead an entrance strategy for Iran.

Only this president could look out over a vista of 3,008 dead and 22,834 wounded in Iraq, and finally say, "Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me" - only to follow that by proposing to repeat the identical mistake in Iran.

Only this president could extol the "thoughtful recommendations of the Iraq Study Group," and then take its most far-sighted recommendation - "engage Syria and Iran" - and transform it into "threaten Syria and Iran" - when al-Qaida would like nothing better than for us to threaten Syria, and when Iranian President Ahmadinejad would like nothing better than to be threatened by us.

This is diplomacy by skimming; it is internationalism by drawing pictures of Superman in the margins of the textbooks; it is a presidency of Cliff Notes.

...snip

Mr. Bush, this is madness. You have lost the military. You have lost the Congress to the Democrats. You have lost most of the Iraqis. You have lost many of the Republicans. You have lost our allies in this.

You are losing the credibility, not just of your presidency sir, but more importantly of your office itself.

And most imperatively, you are guaranteeing that more American troops will be losing their lives, and more families their loved ones. You are guaranteeing that!

This becomes your legacy, sir: How many of those you addressed last night as your "fellow citizens" you just sent to their deaths.

And for what, Mr. Bush? So the next president has to pull the survivors out of Iraq instead of you?

Check the link to see the meat of his comment... as this is ONLY the beginning and the end...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:59 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thanks stripes- that was refreshing to read that what we also say and feel is being broacast as well. Like this part-
Quote:
And to Iran and Syria - and, yes, also to the insurgents in Iraq - we must look like a country run by the equivalent of the drunken pest who gets battered to the floor of the saloon by one punch, then staggers to his feet, and shouts at the other guy's friends, "Okay, which one of you is next?"

Mr. Bush, the question is no longer "what are you thinking?", but rather "are you thinking at all?"

"I have made it clear to the Prime Minister and Iraq's other leaders that America's commitment is not open-ended," you said last night.

And yet without any authorization from the public, which spoke so loudly and clearly to you in November's elections, without any consultation with a Congress (in which key members of your own party, like Sen. Brownback, and Sen. Coleman, and Sen. Hagel, are fleeing for higher ground), without any awareness that you are doing exactly the opposite of what Baker-Hamilton urged you to do, you seem to be ready to make an open-ended commitment (on America's behalf) to do whatever you want in Iran.

We see this kind of disconnect from reason in the methane breathing, electrickoolaid drinkers as they trip out on their delusional fantasy world! Reminds me of so many repugs that dare to show their ignorance of the world and its politics. Should Bush go back to that Aircraft carrier and finally tell the truth? Should Bush now say "Mission not so Accomplished? Mission now Disaster!" and tell the truth for once to the people?

We need more Olberman's to drown out the bleating of the sheeple.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:48 am 

I love Olbermann, but every time he gives a comment, I fear for him. He not only has been threatened, he has already been attacked.

Bill Moyers used to have great shows too, and he was dumped. Subjects not suitable for the public, eh?

How long will 'they' allow Olbermann to do the same?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid