It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Robert Scheer: Hillary’s Calculations Add Up to War
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hillary’s Calculations Add Up to War

By Robert Scheer

Let’s face it: No matter how much many of us who oppose the war in Iraq would also love to elect a female president, Hillary Clinton is not a peace candidate. She is an unrepentant hawk, à la Joe Lieberman. She believed invading Iraq was a good idea, all available evidence to the contrary, and she has, once again, made it clear that she still does.

“If the most important thing to any of you is choosing someone who did not cast a vote [to authorize the war] or has said his vote was a mistake, then there are others to choose from,” she said in New Hampshire last week, confusing contempt for antiwar Americans—now a majority—with the courage of her indefensible conviction that she bears no responsibility for the humanitarian, economic and military disaster our occupation has wrought.

Read more at the link.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:45 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I liked this comment from cadence-

Comment #54646 by cadence on 2/21 at 6:10 am

Quote:
What annoys me about Hillary is that she and the rest of those who “support the war” --despite the falsity of prewar justifications for the invasion-- refuse to announce the real reasons why they support the war. They offer these cloudy, distracted soundbites, like “protecting our way of life,” or “bringing freedom and democracy to Irag,” but those sound like what they are: non-reasons for continuing a war without end.

I believe that the real reason for the war, which underpins even Ms. Hillary’s support for it, is global domination. I’m serious--not just oil, not just support for Israel, not Bush wanting revenge for his father. These people, like Condeleeza Rice, support this war because they are engaged in a global struggle for world power, against Russia and China, each of whom have superior cultural and geographical access to the vast natural energy reserves in the middle east, particularly the Caspian region. Without US control of those resources, it would be possible for another superpower to rise. Bill Clinton supported control of those resources, so it is no surprise that Hillary does too.

I earnestly wish that those who support this war would get clear about why they have and continue to support it, and quit blathering on about freedom and demonizing the people of the middle east. It is disingenuous and does all the world a great disservice. For Ms. Hillary, it might even be restorative--if she would get off her highhorse and come clean about her understanding of deep foreign policy, she might even be perceived as a truly honest politician. Because it should be clear even to her that the people who will consider voting for her do not buy the crap justifications for the war that she and others have been relying upon.

Not that understanding the why of the war helps much. But war is a human affliction. Maybe if all the world understood the “WHY,” we could achieve a peaceful settlement. Say, share the oil until we have enough solar?

The premise cadence supposes is a probabilty. All that is missing is India. With most of the people and a shitload of nukes, these countries only need to agree with each other about American hegemony and imperialist ideals and there will be a much more serious problem to Americas plans than a few terrorists. They will have awoken the sleeping tiger and the bear shall rear on its hind legs again. With India in tow, access to the Middle East oil is a certainty. The importance of Pakistan and Afghanistan to America is obvious when you look at a map of the region and see how they're positioned.

Hillary's dependancy on AIPAC funding is an important part of her choices as well and seriously undermine her credibility and bias.

Although it's a long way from the presidents seat, she's obviously tactfully and with foresight, preparing for the possibility of victory and trying not to appearing weak. As the Repugs used the weak hawk card last time, and that she is female, makes her job that much harder. But she can use Margaret Thatcher as her example and Build Up that Testosterone. It's a mans world, and to roll with the men she has to develop "Thatcher Balls". :roll:

Really big cahonees.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:21 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Well, you bunch know how I see it, so I'll keep it short. The same plan will go on no matter who is in power. It won't matter because the same plans must go on at all cost. It's a switch game for puppets. Meaning whichever puppets are in the Blackhouse. Same goes for USA, Israel, Canada, japan, UK and etc. Years ago they gathered up the gold & sliver and gave us back paper. When we borrow money, no real money ever changes hands, it's all just paper. This paper comes out of thin air or fiet money. The Federal reserves are privately owned by these very same people who own the gold, silver and banks. It sounds like some kind of conspiracy doesn't it? Of course it supposed to. The thing is it isn't. You only need do the history and check the facts for yourself. The system runs on debt and was designed to so. What we are under a system called "usury." The USA passed the Fed-reserve banks over to the Bankers via President Wilson in 1913. They tell us the reason it got through Congress, is because it was during the Christmas Holidays and most of Congress were on vacation. We are supposed to believe that the Christmas Holidays were more important then the Fed-reserves. Can you say -- "Stay Home". Cause That is what they did.

Billions for bankers - Debt for the people.
http://www.wealth4freedom.com/truth/16/BB.htm

Someone once said "Through the control of currency, comes the power to control not only people, but Nations."

Mayer Amschel Rothschild said "Give me the ability to control a nations money and I care not who make the laws."

--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:16 am 

money is power.

those who have the most of it tend to end up making all the rules.

hillary could be falling into or setting up a predictable pattern.

although obama is the candidate who truely scares trhe living shit out of the repugs. i would even venture to guess that there may even be some covert repugs who are working behind the scenes to ensure that hillary is the dems candidate.

i've given some thought to whether obama is able to make it through a campaign without suffering the same fate as martin luther king. if that does happen it'll be a sign that the ones at the top have anointed hillary.

then it will be time to mark the date on which this nation no longer gives it's alliegience to the red, white and blue.

place your hand over your heart and swear to uphold the allmighty monetary system and those who control it.

the worship of mammon will be the end of our reign as a superpower.

the great whore who has prostituted herself the world over will be brought to her knees in judgement.

we'll be the ones who suffer.