It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Brian Cloughley: In the Name of Improving People's Lives
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

In the Name of Improving People's Lives: Mounting Civilian Deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq

"On a trip to the market, Haji Lawania says he drove into a hail of US gunfire that shattered his windshield and killed his father, nephew and a village elder. In three separate incidents Sunday and Monday, Afghan witnesses and officials said US military action may have killed up to 20 civilians."
- AP Afghanistan, March 7, 2007

"US forces opened fire on an unarmed Iraqi family's car and killed a father and his two young daughters, the man's wife told AFP on Saturday . . . 'They just opened fire randomly on us,' said Akhlas Abduljabbar, a Sunni housewife . . . 'They killed my husband and two daughters and my three-year-old boy was wounded in the head'."
- AFP Iraq, March 10, 2007

"I don't think America gets enough credit for trying to help improve people's lives."
- George W Bush, March 9, 2007

Bush has lost his wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The world condemns the gulags operated by his secret agencies that are accountable to the laws of neither man nor God. The peoples of Iraq and Afghanistan dread and detest the foreign troops who occupy their country. The lives of few on earth have been improved by America, and those are mainly the already obscenely rich (the "haves and the have-mores", in the words of the vulgar Bush). And the United States, that wonderful country, is now regarded round the world as an aggressive barbaric empire whose soldiers and pilots kill at will.

Give credit where it's due.

Not so many years ago infantry soldiers lived by the principle that their duty was to "close with and kill the enemy in any weather, in any terrain, by day or by night" (or words to that effect). Nowadays it seems that soldiers live by the principle that they can kill anyone who might get in their way, either by random blazing away at civilian cars carrying kids or by calling in airmen daremen who just love slamming 2000 pound bombs onto the planet.

A COMMENT AT THE LINK BY FoonTheElder:

Quote:
Yeah, multi-millionaire lives, big corporation CEOs and lobbyists. Beyond that it's zip.

George is the President of the World's top .005%.

Right you are, Mr. Foon!

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:43 am 

I'm with FoonTheElder. I just wonder why so many people can't see what Bush has done and is doing...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid