It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shiela Samples: Surviving at the Pleasure of the President
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/6350]Surviving at the Pleasure of the President
[/url]

By Sheila Samples

About author:

Sheila Samples is an Oklahoma writer and a former civilian US Army Public Information Officer. She is a regular contributor for a variety of Internet sites.

Quote:
"You is feeling like you was lost in the bush, boy? You says: It is a puling sample jungle of woods. You most shouts out: Bethicket me for a stump of beech if I have the poultriest notions what the farest he all means."~~James Joyce, Finnegans Wake (1939)

My friend Bernie says ever since the Bush gang stormed the White House in 2000, then stormed the World Trade Center in 2001, we've done nothing but run in circles like a bunch of terrified chickens with our heads chopped off. "We have no sense of direction," Bernie said, "we're staggering around in a jungle of lies, deceit, and scandal with no way out -- and that's the way they planned it."

"You're kidding!" I exclaimed, astonished. "You mean they planned this mess? It's nothing but bloody chaos out there --"

Bernie nodded. "You got that right. Bloody chaos is the best -- the only -- way to get what they're after. Don't be fooled by those little American flags stuck in the lapels of this bunch," Bernie continued. "The people in this nation, the hungry and homeless, the ill, the elderly, displaced Katrina victims, and especially those returning from war's inferno either in body bags or maimed physically, psychologically, and spiritually aren't even blips on their New World Order radar screen. They suffer at the pleasure of the president."

Bernie reminded me that shortly before the 2000 presidential campaign, when Dick Cheney was CEO of Halliburton, he made a speech to the Institute of Petroleum in London where he complained that oil producers "had to deal with the pesky problem that once you find oil and pump it out of the ground you've got to turn around and find more or go out of business."

Cheney went on to say, "That means by 2010 we will need on the order of an additional fifty million barrels a day. So where is the oil going to come from? Governments and the national oil companies are obviously in control of about ninety per cent of the assets. Oil remains fundamentally a government business...the Middle East with two thirds of the world's oil and the lowest cost, is still where the prize ultimately lies..."

Bernie grinned. "If that didn't set off alarms, especially in Iraq, you gotta know they started going off when, a year later, with his eyes on the prize, Cheney appointed himself vice president, put himself in charge of the nation's energy policy, based that policy on the location of oil fields -- not only in Iraq and Iran but throughout the Persian Gulf -- then mounted up and headed out to solve big oil's 'pesky' problem."

A few comments at the link:

Quote:
Another home run for Sheila.

I do not know how many people would agree with her that the Republican criminals in charge of the executive branch intend to remain in charge, by hook or crook, in 2008. That is really hard to accept, I know.

But it is also hard to believe that the neocons, having pushed us into the early phases of fascism, will just give up.

Doctor Panacea

Quote:
To the Doctor

I pray they will line up and go quietly in 2008 -- IF we have an election in 2008. But I cannot imagine a bunch of thugs who have relentlessly put themselves not above the law, but outside the law -- who view the US Constitution as a "Goddamned piece of paper," agreeing to a Constitutional election.

Read the Executive Orders in place to catapault us into a police state...check out FEMA's conduct of assistance to victims being held hostage during Hurricane Katrina...read the Patriot Act...the camps...and on and on...

I just think that they will continue relentlessly along this path unless they are forcibly stopped. Americans need to stop engaging in "So's yer old man!" arguments -- and impeach 'em...indict 'em...hang 'em.

Or...OR -- we could strap chutes on the whole chickenhawk bunch, load 'em into C-140s, fly over Iraq -- and kick 'em out...

Yeah -- let's do that...

_______

Sheila Samples

Quote:
Camps

Here's also a good site for information on the camps...

http://www.issuesandalibis.org/camps.html

Quote:
And now that the Demos

And now that the Demos somehow overcame digital voting and won back the house and the senate,what are they doing?Not a fucking thing because they are owned by the same big oil/big defence contractors and big pharma that own the repigs.There is only one party in this country-The party of money,it never looses.

classwarfare

Quote:
The "Blackwater Mercenaries" video

I saw the "Blackwater" video linked in the article -- and hadn't realized we are making such massive use of hired mercenaries. Nearly 800 of them killed in action, yet not on the official tally? And Congress is unable to dig up any true record of cost or numbers for these "private contractors"? My God.

If nearly 800 have been killed, then there must be thousands more mercenaries seriously maimed but surviving. Most of them US Citizens. I haven't seen a single comment, anywhere, as to hospital costs for wounded mercenaries who are also US Citizens. Privatized hospital care must mean off-the-books? And forget about disability benefits or access to Veterans Hospitals later in life ...

If anyone knows of more info or links to info, please post. Thanks.

Kilgore

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman