It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BRENT BUDOWSKY:Don Imus and the Cancer of Communications
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don Imus and the Cancer of Communications

There is too much hatred, derision, disrespect, smearing, slander, polarization, division and bigotry that has infected American politics and American media.

What Don Imus said about the Rutgers women’s basketball team was only the latest example of a sickness that is spreading — and in certain corporate boardrooms even encouraged as good for business.

This problem is far larger than Imus, the idea that it’s profitable, beneficial or cute to spit hate, venom, or ugliness in our politics and media.

It starts at the top. In my view, the sickest hour in the history of American national politics was when George W. Bush used his Republican National Convention to hand out little toys to demean the Purple Heart. How sick can it get? Here was a collection of politicians who never served in the military, using their convention to make fun of those wounded in war, to demean a political opponent awarded Bronze and Silver Stars for valor.

When Ann Coulter attacked 9/11 widows as harpies who were probably pleased their husbands were dead, where was our “war president” who perpetually exploits 9/11 for partisan purposes, when he should have defended the honor and dignity of those women Coulter slandered?

It’s not only the right, it’s also the left. It’s not only television, it’s blogs and talk radio and all other means of political discourse.

MORE OF BRENT BUDOWSKY'S COMMENTS AT THE LINK.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:55 pm 
Catherine:
I didn't know about the delegates putting on band-aids with a purple colored hearts and at first glance I think it was in poor taste. Two wrongs do not make a right. But dont you think that BUDOWSKY'S goes too far by saying that this may have been the "....sickest hour in the history of American national politics..." ? As I said, "at first glance" I thought this was a bad idea, however, I dont think it was demeaning as you and Bud are suggesting when you consider that uniformed vets were also wearing the band-aids. In addition, this was a joke and veryone at the RNC knew that it was a joke from the beginning...a bad mistake, but not the sickestt hour in politics. I dont Kerry's ruse was one of the sickestt hours either but I think that they go way beyond a bad mistake. This was deception, a lie designed to mislead and take credit for something he didn’t deserve. Adding to the severity is the fact that this effort was going towards winning the Presidency...an iffice he clearly doesnt deserve.

Of course those who actually believe Kerry has been 100% truthful have an ally in the media. Over the last 3 years the media and the Dems have continually tried to discredit EVERY person, every report, and every witness. So if you want to believe Kerry, the info is there. (I say 'want' because I think you need to try REALLY HARD to believe 100% of Kerry's story.

There is too much evidence and too many witnesses that contradict him. I give him credit for going over to vietnam. I beleive he was in battle...may have gotten banged up a but. I also believe he didnt deserve at least 2 of the three...

BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:55 am 

And, BB, do you believe it was so much more patriotic for Bush to be placed by influential people into a champagne outfit in the National Guard where he was sure to not have to go to 'Nam? And he couldn't even manage to follow the rules and stay with his outfit.

Or is that another of the neocons jokes--skipping out when there is some actual work to be done for our country?

Quote:
As I said, "at first glance" I thought this was a bad idea, however, I dont think it was demeaning as you and Bud are suggesting when you consider that uniformed vets were also wearing the band-aids.

So who said there are no 'uniformed vets' with mean spirits and a horrible sense of humor? Fortunately, there are many more who do not find this kind of humor acceptable.

So which side are you on? Do you think it was in poor taste or not?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

MSNBC Cans Imus, But Ann Coulter Keeps on Ticking

By Jesse, Editor of TV News Lies.org

How do you feel today? Did you get your daily dose of hatred and bigotry? If not you can always do a web search for some good old vile Ann Coulter quotes!

You see the media, civil rights leaders and the general public don’t have any problems with racism, just as long as it is not directed at African Americans or Jews. Everyone else is pretty much free game. You don’t believe me? Don’t take my word for it, do a web search for Ann Coulter Quotes. She’s not alone in her spewing of hatred but she sure has a lengthy dossier when it comes to compiling some of the most vile and hateful commentary ever uttered on radio, TV and in published print media. Yet this little vile vixen is a welcomed guest on virtually every major network. Why?

My thoughts on Imus and his stupid remarks is just that…he made stupid remarks. What was he thinking. They were jokes that were not funny. They were insults that really did not apply. So what was the point of his comments? You may want to ask his buddy Sid Rosenberg, who has a long track record of such remarks. Only when Sid says these things he says them from the heart!

By the way, if the African American community wants to stop hearing white people use derogatory words about them, perhaps they might want to stop creating them! All white people have to do in order to learn how to demean black people, especially black women is listen to hip hop or hang out with NBA stars! And just in case you are thinking this…I am not going to apologize for saying it because it is true. To me the word “ho” was used by Santa Clause or it was a gardening tool; that was until the hip hop community adapted it for their use. It seems like every few months a new vile term is introduced to the English language for use by the “gangsta” generation. It makes me sick. I hate the word “nigga” as much as I hate the word “nigger!” Having the black community create and embrace a term that is so close to the the word “nigger” is outrageous! (note: my enlargement of the words.)

It is the verbal equivalent of Jews if they started wearing clothes that had an emblem on them that almost resembled a swastika! If you are going to embrace pseudo racists terminology for your own use then don’t complain when others join in. People who welcome into their culture derogatory terminology that is specifically directed at their own race should not complain when others join the party!

SO anyway, if you want to go on a racist rant just make sure you target Arabs, Islamic people, Christians, homosexuals, or pretty much any foreigner other than Israelis. At least you won’t lose your job in broadcasting.

Think about it!

April 12th, 2007

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:13 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
So who said there are no 'uniformed vets' with mean spirits and a horrible sense of humor? Fortunately, there are many more who do not find this kind of humor acceptable.

So which side are you on? Do you think it was in poor taste or not?

I think BB has had his chickenshit B-ass kicked around here too often to answer anything remotely truthful. He exists in a world created for him that feeds his desires for inequality. Racism and bigotry is part of his growth personna. I blame his ignorant parents for transmittinmg their preconceived notions of fairness on him and so all he does is regurgitate what he's been told. Poor sad BB.

I noticed he came here yesterday, but quickly chickened out. Running out of lies and ignorance to post here.

Doesn't take long for these clowns to give up on truth and honesty. They can't stand it's light and like the vampires they are, have to hide in the dark with their coprophagous parasitic buggy slime mold freeper friends and family, living with the constant reek of bat guano leaving that bad taste in their mouths. The diaharettic diatribe with no purpose or direction, is typical of the weak minded parasitic losers that have a systemically imposed "Win at all cost" mentality- whether it's true or not. This is a typical example of obstinance and resistance to altrusism that is prevalient among the ignorant and uninformed.

Perhaps BB hasn't read your little saying at the bottom about truth and honesty. Wake up and pay attention BB. WE do.

Regurgitation- Tell us what you think not what you've been told!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:29 pm 
Quote:

Ok Dori....start naming all the vets that thought this was so unacceptable....if you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:00 am 

BwareBiass wrote:
Quote:

Ok Dori....start naming all the vets that thought this was so unacceptable....if you can.

I am not a registry, just a person with friends who have friends. Those who were in any war do not find this kind of 'humor' acceptalbe. And I am certainly not going to name names to you.

If you do not believe there are vets who are decent people, visit any of the many vets for peace sites...

DO.g's, that is what I love about you. There is no question where you stand on any issue in which you have an interest. No namby-pamby slither out remarks--you tell it like it is!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:40 pm 
Quote:
.. am not a registry, just a person with friends who have friends.
I have always been told that on this site, you need to make reference to your sources.

Quote:
If you do not believe there are vets who are decent people, visit any of the many vets for peace sites...

That is shameless and deceitful spin of my post, not to mention an insult to the very group of people you CLAIM to be supporting. These vets were highlighting the dishonor that Kerry brought to himself through fraudulently misrepresenting the events related to 2 purple hearts, and it seems pretty insulting to them for you to label that effort by them as indecent and/or dishonorable.
BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:30 am 

And again the thread is all about BB.

Quote:
That is shameless and deceitful spin of my post, not to mention an insult to the very group of people you CLAIM to be supporting. These vets were highlighting the dishonor that Kerry brought to himself through fraudulently misrepresenting the events related to 2 purple hearts, and it seems pretty insulting to them for you to label that effort by them as indecent and/or dishonorable.

Talk about spin!

You have every right to believe whatever makes you feel good--but Kerry did not fraudulently misrepresent his time in 'Nam. You don't like him, that is obvious. But then, you don't like us, and I wonder why you insist on being here. You just like to muck up sites where people wish to talk with each other about things in which they believe but you don't?

As I said, another thread turned into the glorification of BB. I have no idea what you think you are proving, but to me all you have proven is you are a pain in the ass.

Since you insist on behaving like a hungry yellow jacket at a picnic, I shall not respond to you again. If you are in any of my forums you better darn well have something useful to say or your post will be edited down to whatever you can manage to print that makes sense--if you can ever manage that. So far you have been here for quite some time and haven't said anything worth reading yet.

Work at it BB, you can do it if you try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:57 am 

neocon arguements are usually not worth responding to. the midset is permanent and nonfunctional in it's lack of reality.

yes, where is the public outcry over what was said and reported by assholes like limbaugh, coulter, oreilly and the rest of the neocon biggoted morons? where's the frickin outrage when these anti american propaganda spinmiesters run thier own pottymouths like imus did?

answer............it's by design.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:26 pm 
Nice non-response rooster...anything to avoid substance, huh?
Quote:
...but Kerry did not fraudulently misrepresent his time in 'Nam.

Tell that to the witnesses who say he lied about his injuries...one being self-inflicted. Those who served with him dont believe him...The media tried their best but couldnt prove that anyone except John Kerry lied. Here are just a few...

Quote:
...a normal tour of duty in Vietnam was at least one year for all personnel. Many sailors, like Tom Wright (who would later object to operating with Kerry in Vietnam) and Steven Gardner (the gunner’s mate who sat behind and above Kerry for most of his Vietnam stay and came to regard him as incompetent and dishonest), stayed for longer periods either because of the special needs of the Navy or because they had volunteered to do so. With very few exceptions in the history of Swift Boats in Vietnam, everyone served a one year tour unless he was seriously wounded. One exception was John Kerry, who requested to leave Vietnam after four months, citing an obscure regulation that permitted release of personnel with three Purple Hearts. John Kerry is also the only known Swiftee who received the Purple Heart for a self-inflicted wound.

None of Kerry’s Purple Hearts were for serious injuries. They were concededly minor scratches at best, resulting in no lost duty time. Each Purple Heart decoration is very controversial, with considerable evidence (and in two of the cases, with incontrovertible and conclusive evidence) that the minor injuries were caused by Kerry’s own hand and were not the result of hostile fire of any kind. They are a subject of ridicule within our unit. “I did get cut a few times, but I forgot to recommend myself for a Purple Heart. Sorry about that,” wrote John Howland, a boat commander with call sign “Gremlin.”1

“I was there the entire time Kerry was and witnessed two of his war ‘wounds.’ I was also present during the action [in which] he received his Bronze Star. I know what a fraud he is. How can I help?” wrote Van Odell, a gunner from Kerry’s unit in An Thoi.2 Commander John Kipp, USN (retired), of Coastal Division 13 also volunteered, “If there is anything I can do to unmask this charlatan, please let me know. He brings disgrace to all who served.”

There were also differing accounts of his actions. How was he REALLY wounded?

Quote:
After Kerry’s M-16 jammed, Kerry picked up an M-79 grenade launcher and fired a grenade too close, causing a tiny piece of shrapnel (one to two centimeters) to barely stick in his arm. Schachte berated Kerry for almost putting someone’s eye out. There was no hostile fire of any kind, nor did Kerry on the way back mention to PCF OinC Mike Voss, who commanded the PCF that had towed the skimmer, that he was wounded. There was no report of any hostile fire that day (as would be required), nor do the records at Cam Ranh Bay reveal any such hostile fire. No other records reflect any hostile fire. There is also no casualty report, as would have been required had there actually been a casualty.

The following morning Kerry appeared at the office of Coastal Division 14 Commander Grant Hibbard and applied for the Purple Heart. Hibbard, who had learned from Schachte of the absence of hostile fire and self-infliction of the “wound” by Kerry himself, looked down at the tiny scratch (which he said was smaller than a rose thorn prick) and turned down the award since there was no hostile fire.13

He turned Kerry down b/c he didn't deserve the award. Grant Hibbrd was interviewed later....
Quote:
Q: How did Kerry get a Purple Heart from the incident then?
GH: I don’t know....I know I didn’t recommend him for a Purple Heart. Kerry probably wrote up the paperwork and recommended himself, that’s all I can figure out. If it ever came across my desk, I don’t have any recollection of it. Kerry didn’t get my signature. I said “no way” and told him to get out of my office.14

Kerry beat the system and....as I said....he brought dishonor to himself and other recipients of the purple heart award through misrepresenting the events related to his injuries. Predictably, you will say that the Swift Boat Veterans lied. If so, please provide some type of proof other than Dan Rather, Katie Couric, or Tim Russert 'said so'. On second thought why bother...they didnt lie.

Excerpts from: Unfit for Command...

Regards,
BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:47 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

BwareBiass wrote:
Kerry beat the system and....as I said....he brought dishonor to himself and other recipients of the purple heart award through misrepresenting the events related to his injuries. Predictably, you will say that the Swift Boat Veterans lied. If so, please provide some type of proof other than Dan Rather, Katie Couric, or Tim Russert 'said so'. On second thought why bother...they didnt lie.

John Kerry (left) and William Rood on a barracks barge
with a rocket launcher and an automatic rifle seized in a
raid on Feb. 28, 1969, in southern Vietnam in which swift
boats charged ambush sites.

(Photo courtesy of William B. Rood)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Let's talk a little bit about BB's unquestioned reliance for information on John Kerry's war record when he references his little book entitled Unfit for Command.

Have you ever done any research into the publisher/publishing company of that book, BwareBias? Probably not, since you also like REV. MOON's Insight Magazine.

Regnery Publishing Company published Unfit for Command in 2004. Just for starters, this publishing company only publishes people who are conservative...and boy, is it a line up of really "reliable and truthful" people!

Quote:
As part of Eagle Publishing, Regnery has become a hit machine, with a hugely disproportionate number of national bestsellers, including the sensational number one New York Times bestsellers Unlimited Access by former FBI Agent Gary Aldrich, Murder in Brentwood by Mark Fuhrman, Bias by Bernard Goldberg, and Unfit for Command by John O’Neill and Jerome Corsi.

Other New York Times bestsellers include: Hell to Pay and Final Days, both by Barbara Olson, the feisty legal pundit who was killed, tragically, in the September 11 terrorist attacks; Kenneth Timmerman’s unflattering biography of Jesse Jackson, Shakedown; Pat Buchanan’s A Republic, Not an Empire; Ted Nugent’s God, Guns & Rock ‘n’ Roll; titles by Washington Times reporters Bill Gertz, Rowan Scarborough, and Bill Sammon; not to mention books by David Limbaugh, Dinesh D’Souza, David Horowitz, Laura Ingraham, Ann Coulter, Mona Charen, G. Gordon Liddy, Michelle Malkin, Speaker Denny Hastert, Rich Lowry, Oliver North, and Newt Gingrich.

What a steller lineup! :lol: They're about as good at telling the truth as Bush is! MICHELLE MALKIN? G. GORDON LIDDY? DENNY HASTERT? NEWT GINGRICH? DAVID LIMBAUGH? ANN COULTER? Image

http://www.regnery.com/about.html

AND there's more about this marvelous publishing company and its owners:

Quote:
White Supremacists
Reclusive publishing heir to start all-white dating service

William Regnery II, an heir to the Regnery publishing fortune who's a prime mover and shaker in white nationalism publishing, is moving into a new line of business: match-making for "heterosexual whites of Christian cultural heritage."

In an appeal to potential investors titled "Population is Destiny," the famously reclusive Regnery wrote this March that the Caucasian dating service would be no ordinary money-making opportunity, but a chance to ensure "the survival of our race," which "depends upon our people marrying, reproducing and parenting."

Regnery, who says he's long been concerned with a "tendency to bachelorhood" among white men, told the potential investors that his latest effort to save the white race would not stop with match-making.

The dating service, he says, will be only the "first arrow in a business quiver" providing "services and products to whites."

Promoting white nationalism is nothing new for Regnery — or his family. His grandfather, William I, signed incorporation papers for the America First Committee, an organization that opposed fighting Nazi Germany in World War II. His father, Henry, created Regnery Publishing, one of the major purveyors of books by right-wing attack dogs like Anne Coulter and G. Gordon Liddy.

William II has made his mark as a major fundraiser in radical right circles as the founder of the Charles Martel Society in 2001. The society publishes The Occidental Quarterly, an academic-looking journal filled with articles by white-supremacist luminaries such as Sam Francis, editor for the white supremacist Council of Conservative Citizens and Wayne Lutton of the hate group The Social Contract Press.

The society is putting together conferences, summer schools and a speaker's bureau — all designed to push Regnery's view that the white race is veering toward extinction.

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelrep ... sp?aid=479

Swift Boat Veterans for “Truth” keep interesting company, don’t they? :lol:

And there's MORE:

Quote:
Talk:Regnery Publishing
From SourceWatch

Fraudulent Bulk Orders

Apparently Regnery Publishing is in the habit of creating "buzz" for its books by having false bulk orders placed by phone at bookstores, which results in the books inclusion on "best seller" lists.

In an article in Publishers Weekly(8/24/2004), Jim Milliot and Kevin Howell report that independent booksellers (and some chains) are getting fradulent bulk orders over the phone for "Unfit for Command" and other right-wing titles. Unfortunately for the booksellers, the names are fake, the phone numbers disconnected. In a creative version of the scam, a caller gave the name of an employee at a different book store, along with that book store's phone number.

The scammers target small independent booksellers, because most chains have policies in place to detect and deter such fraud.

It is unclear whether this is a marketing strategy by Regnery itself, or a right -wing grass roots effort. Some bloggers (JuliusBlog, available_light) imply that this is business as usual at Regnery.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?ti ... Publishing

Veteran retracts criticism of Kerry

No credibility for truth-telling at Regnery Publishing, BwareBias. But then, you do seem to like Rev. Moon, so I'm not surprised that you'd try to take away from Imus's thread, using Regnery's Unfit for Command and try to make it about John Kerry who, by the way, isn't the lying POTUS.

Even if everything written in Unfit for Command was true, there's nothing in that book that could possibly compare to the lies told by the current POTUS about a myriad of topics, including his own "military service" ...everyday of each year he's in residence at the White House.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:53 am 
Interesting post Catherine but it looks like you have nothing to refute what the witnesses said. I can see that you don’t like the publisher for various reasons........

1) You feel that the publisher is a white supremacist due to his family history and his support of a Caucasian dating service. But then how do we categorize the Jewish dating service (jdate.com) and the black dating service(s) (Ebonydatingnow.com, Ebonyscene.com, etc)?

2) You feel that the publisher publishes...too many conservatives’ authors (maybe we should say too many best-selling conservative author). I do remember Larry King, George Snuffaluffagus, Bob Shiffer, Tom Brokaw, and of course Dan Rather, all doing hit pieces and one or more of those guys…even though the content of their books was accurate.

3) Lastly (the proverbial whip crème on a turd), those ‘best-selling’ authors weren’t really best sellers at all b/c Regency is scamming everyone by ordering their own books. Hmmmm…wonder how the NYT got scammed.

Challenging the publisher doesn’t prove that the vets lied. I guess this says it all…
Quote:
Even if everything written in Unfit for Command was true, there's nothing in that book that could possibly compare to the lies told by the current POTUS about a myriad of topics, including his own "military service" ...everyday of each year he's in residence at the White House.

Now that's a sound argument (lol). However, I think many would disagree. I believe that if Kerry would have served his full year in Vietnam instead of faking wounds to get out in 4 months, he probably would have won the WH in 2004. His dishonor cost him the Whitehouse. Instead of making excuses for him and shifting the argument to Bush, why not just accept that JK screwed it up and get mad at him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:07 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

No one, except gullible Bushists, and other assorted wingnuts, give any credence to those lies anymore. In fact, "Swift Boating" has entered the American lexicon as a way of referring to high profile slander of a public figure to falsely defame that person's integrity.

The not so Swift Bot Vats of Spoof have all been proven to be liars by eyewitness accounts which are verified by official Navy records.

Annenberg Fact Check lays out the facts in this concise report.

http://www.factcheck.org/article231.html