All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JESSE: SUPPORTING THE TROOPS BECAUSE THEY PROTECT US: 2 LIES
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Supporting the Troops Because They Protect Us: Two Big Lies

BY JESSE RICHARD, EDITOR OF TV NEWS LIES

Quote:
I was watching the Ultimate Fighter on Spike TV the other night, mostly because my body produces excess testosterone, and at one point during the program the fighters took magic markers and started writing things all over the walls of the house in which they lived. At one point someone wrote “We Support the Troops.” Then that person started mentioning how the fighters in the UFC support the troops who are out there fighting to “protect our freedom”. I laughed.

Well, just as this nice, well-meaning person commented on how he supports the troops, I, as I often do, spoke back to my TV set and said, “No, you don’t support the troops; you simply say and write on walls that you do!” I thought to myself that this person should be more accurate and simply say, “I write on walls inside my home that I support the troops and that is all that I do in the way of supporting them!” I think people should just come out and tell the truth. They should have bumper stickers and signs on their homes and little ribbons that say, “I don’t do anything to support the troops except wear this ribbon, hang this sign or bumper system or say the words, ‘I support the troops!’” Let’s face it, that well-meaning UFC fighter is not doing a damn thing to support the troops.

Few people in this nation support the troops. One glance at staistics about our homeless veteran can tell you that. More than 200,000 veterans find themselves without a home at one point during any given year in this nation, and the Iraq invasion is going to help those numbers to grow.

That alone should show how Americans support their troops. But there is an even more sinister abuse of troop support in this nation in the form of “private for profit para-military corporations.” That’s right, while Americans want their Congress to give George W. Bush money to “support the troops” the money goes not to the troops, not to the families of the troops, not to the injured and wounded troops, not to the emotionally traumatized troops and not to the homeless troops.

The bulk of the money goes to private para-military companies, owned and operated by friends and business associates and partners of the government officials who use the troops and your freedom as hostages as they extort the nation in to paying them huge sums of money.

From Dick Cheney’s Halliburton to Blackwater USA to the companies that manufacture tanks, helicopters, Humvees, bullets, you name it, the profiteers grow richer with every new effort by American citizens to actually support the troops. And the troops, while they keep dying, continue to be lied to by everyone in their command structure. And when they are no longer able to kill for the establishment, they are tossed aside like yesterday’s trash. Nobody supports the troops.

We must stop supporting the people who promote that false advertising; people such as Dick Cheney, George W. Bush and the majority of the US Congress.

Let’s stop this “support the troops” rhetoric. If you want to say you “appreciate the troops” be my guest. That would be more accurate. I think we all pretty much appreciate the troops. But let’s face it, there are very few people in America who actually support the troops and many of those people are not the ones wearing ribbons.

Now, about the claim that those troops, all of whom I appreciate, are protecting our freedom… Let’s face it folks, since World War II hardly a troop was deployed, hardly single shot was fired, and hardly a life was lost while actually protecting our freedom or protecting us from a direct or potential threat. In my lifetime (I was born in 1964), not a single American died while actually protecting my freedom. On the contrary, many American troops died while they were engaged in combat that would in some way directly benefit the very people who have been working for generations to reduce my freedom.

There is no greater example of this than today’s so called war on terror. You may still remain blind to the very real probability that the 9/11 events were delivered to us by a rogue element within our government. But you cannot deny that the so-called “response” to those attacks only served to increase the risks to American lives, weaken our military, and was accompanied by an assault on the freedoms, liberties and rights of the American people the likes of which we have never seen.

It is the very presence of our military that has kept us safe. They serve as the world’s best deterrent, unmatched by any other. Their might, their power and the willingness of individuals to risk their lives are what keeps us safe from outside invaders. But threats come from within as well, and we are witnessing that today.

If the troops want to protect my freedom they should be protecting me from the people who threaten it. They should be protecting me from the people who are waging a war on the American people and our way of life by harming the U.S. Constitution. That would be the U.S. Constitution that the troops are sworn to protect. For the record, according to their oath, that promise come BEFORE their obligation to obey their Commander in Chief. They should be protecting me from the people who are trying to poison my air, contaminate my food supply, and create biological weapons that even by accident pose a threat to me and all life on earth. These days those threats are right here. They reside in Congress, in the White House and in secretive powerful organizations known as think tanks, secret societies, defense contractors and “foundations”.

The troops are well meaning but they are brainwashed into thinking that they are doing noble things. This is because they have to believe in what they are doing if they are to do their job: kill people. These are not cold blooded people. They did not sign up to kill under false pretense. So you have to make them believe that they are protecting us when they drop their bombs and fire their weapons. Why do you think that there are information restrictions on active troops? Why do you think that access to many websites is blocked by military personnel. It’s so the troops accept the word of truth as delivered by their commanders without the facts getting in the way.

So to set the record straight, I appreciate the troops, and by the very nature of what I do, (informing the public about issues related to war & the military…for no financial compensation other than donations) I support the troops. But I want the troops to protect me. And unfortunately, by no fault of their own, and I repeat that, BY NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, they don’t, and in my lifetime they never have. My freedoms, my liberties, my security and my Constitutional rights are being threatened and harmed every day. So you can imagine how I would love to see the troops actually protect me for once. None the less, I still appreciate them. Think about it

April 14th, 2007

http://www.tvnewslies.org/blog/

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:10 am 

At the risk of being repetitive, I am reposting a post I did a while back. Response to it was tepid at best. I like, Jesse suggested we stop funding the contractors. Fully fund the troops, their training, their equipment and their care after returning to the states. The most common of the little response I got was that this could never fly because of the influence these contractors exert on both sides of the aisle; that no matter how many people were to suggest this reasonable course of action, it would be ignored lest the campaign chests of the politicians be endangered. If this is true, it again proves that our election system is the root of problems and if never corrected the problems will persist.

Catherine had suggested copies of this get to all members of Congress. Those that do not represent me, politely but firmly said no matter what I had to say, they would do nothing with any idea of a non-constituent. I suspect their only idea of constituent is contributor not where a person lives. My three representatives in Congress; Senators McCain and Kyle, and congressmen Trent Franks make Attila the Hun appear liberal and do a very good job ignoring any voter's ideas not matching their own.

IN PLAIN SIGHT: ALTERNATE WAYS TO FUND THE WAR

The House of Representatives passed a funding bill for the Iraqi War that included a timetable for withdrawal yesterday. Bush announced that any such legislation would be vetoed because he felt including a timetable is anti troop. He still suffers from the delusion that being against the war is being against the troops. He and his minions have repeatedly stated that refusing to provide the additional funding for the war is tantamount to refusing to support the troops; that any talk of withdrawal is demoralizing to the troops; that any anti-war stance is unpatriotic. Experience has shown that no amount of rational and reasoned discussion can reverse these opinions.

There seems to be a solution to this dilemma in plain sight. We now know that a major demoralizer for the troops in theater is the civilian contractors that have been used in unprecedented numbers during this invasion and occupation. They are not subject to the Military Code of Justice as are members of the armed forces. They are paid a magnitude more than are the regular troops. They decide when and if they wish to serve additional tours. For the administration, there are a number of advantages; causalities are hidden, there is no mechanism of oversight, political patronage can be doled out in the form of secret no-bid contracts.

I wonder why there has not been a proposal to fully fund and support our troops but pull the funding for the civilian contractors. Congress could simply limit money spent in Iraq to the equipping, training, supplying and paying members of the military. Funds for the medical and veterans' benefits should be fully funded. They could put a stop to the profiteering that has been an integral part of this fiasco from the beginning. The administration would not be able to make their political hay out of not supporting the troops. They would be forced to admit to the fact that our military prowess has deteriorated so badly that further persecution of the war would be impossible without the contractors. They would have difficulty explaining why funding just the troops would be far more inexpensive than continuing with the status quo.

Therefore, there exists a solution in plain sight if only we as a democracy have the courage to admit its existence.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:04 am 

Proud Liberal, sorry I never posted on your thread about this. As I recall, I started a post, but it got so depressing I abandoned it.

Will it suffice to say, I totally agree with what you have to say. And I too, get those put down answers from my Congresscritters.

Sorry to have not responded to your origional post. I know what it feels like to want some discussion but have nothing...

Everyone is frustrated and everyone is busy. I chalk unanswered posts up to those factors.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:59 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

We should fund the troops, not the contractors. The troops are answerable to the military justice system while the contractors are not.

I support the troops in the sense that I want the best for them and appreciate their service. Yet the best support for them is to bring them home from a war which is based on deception.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:54 am 

u.s. soldiers are serving in honor or the stars 'n stripes.

contractors are serving for no honor other than making money to whom they are pleging thier true alliegence.

those whose true master is mammon are in danger of losing much more than anything they coulds possibly posses here in this life.

they serve at thier own peril and deserve no pity or remorse if they are killed or wounded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:09 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Right on .. Bloody guns for hire .. Who are they shooting .. Anyone that moves? I wonder who signs their checks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:48 am 

Quote:
I wonder who signs their checks?

Ultimately, the American taxpayer.

Bush's privatized America...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid