It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chris Hedges: A Declaration of Independence From Israel
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Declaration of Independence from Israel

This report gives a summary of why Israel has become basically a "dependent" of the US and why this dependence enrages the Arab world.

Israel, without the United States, would probably not exist. The country came perilously close to extinction during the October 1973 war when Egypt, trained and backed by the Soviet Union, crossed the Suez and the Syrians poured in over the Golan Heights. Huge American military transport planes came to the rescue. They began landing every half-hour to refit the battered Israeli army, which had lost most of its heavy armor. By the time the war was over, the United States had given Israel $2.2 billion in emergency military aid.

The intervention, which enraged the Arab world, triggered the OPEC oil embargo that for a time wreaked havoc on Western economies. This was perhaps the most dramatic example of the sustained life-support system the United States has provided to the Jewish state.

Israel was born at midnight May 14, 1948. The U.S. recognized the new state 11 minutes later. The two countries have been locked in a deadly embrace ever since.
Washington, at the beginning of the relationship, was able to be a moderating influence. An incensed President Eisenhower demanded and got Israel’s withdrawal after the Israelis occupied Gaza in 1956. During the Six-Day War in 1967, Israeli warplanes bombed the USS Liberty. The ship, flying the U.S. flag and stationed 15 miles off the Israeli coast, was intercepting tactical and strategic communications from both sides. The Israeli strikes killed 34 U.S. sailors and wounded 171. The deliberate attack froze, for a while, Washington’s enthusiasm for Israel. But ruptures like this one proved to be only bumps, soon smoothed out by an increasingly sophisticated and well-financed Israel lobby that set out to merge Israel and American foreign policy in the Middle East.

Israel has reaped tremendous rewards from this alliance. It has been given more than $140 billion in U.S. direct economic and military assistance. It receives about $3 billion in direct assistance annually, roughly one-fifth of the U.S. foreign aid budget. Although most American foreign aid packages stipulate that related military purchases have to be made in the United States, Israel is allowed to use about 25 percent of the money to subsidize its own growing and profitable defense industry. It is exempt, unlike other nations, from accounting for how it spends the aid money. And funds are routinely siphoned off to build new Jewish settlements, bolster the Israeli occupation in the Palestinian territories and construct the security barrier, which costs an estimated $1 million a mile.

The report goes on to show how this perceived favoritism towards Israel by the US causes the Arab world to be unable to differentiate between Israeli policies and US policies:

Quote:
Few in the Middle East see any distinction between Israeli and American policies, nor should they. And when the Islamic radicals speak of U.S. support of Israel as a prime reason for their hatred of the United States, we should listen. The consequences of this one-sided relationship are being played out in the disastrous war in Iraq, growing tension with Iran, and the humanitarian and political crisis in Gaza. It is being played out in Lebanon, where Hezbollah is gearing up for another war with Israel, one most Middle East analysts say is inevitable. The U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East is unraveling. And it is doing so because of this special relationship. The eruption of a regional conflict would usher in a nightmare of catastrophic proportions.

Quote:
The alliance, which makes no sense in geopolitical terms, does makes sense when seen through the lens of domestic politics. The Israel lobby has become a potent force in the American political system. No major candidate, Democrat or Republican, dares to challenge it. The lobby successfully purged the State Department of Arab experts who challenged the notion that Israeli and American interests were identical. Backers of Israel have doled out hundreds of millions of dollars to support U.S. political candidates deemed favorable to Israel. They have brutally punished those who strayed, including the first President Bush, who they said was not vigorous enough in his defense of Israeli interests. This was a lesson the next Bush White House did not forget. George W. Bush did not want to be a one-term president like his father.

Israel advocated removing Saddam Hussein from power and currently advocates striking Iran to prevent it from acquiring nuclear weapons. Direct Israeli involvement in American military operations in the Middle East is impossible. It would reignite a war between Arab states and Israel. The United States, which during the Cold War avoided direct military involvement in the region, now does the direct bidding of Israel while Israel watches from the sidelines. During the 1991 Gulf War, Israel was a spectator, just as it is in the war with Iraq.

President Bush, facing dwindling support for the war in Iraq, publicly holds Israel up as a model for what he would like Iraq to become. Imagine how this idea plays out on the Arab street, which views Israel as the Algerians viewed the French colonizers during the war of liberation.

Read more at the link...

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:44 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Yes, Catherine interesting read. Jesse's latest editorial also talks about Israeli inflluence, particularly in the media. He wonders why for example the Public Broadcasting System is airing an Israeli baseball game when the station has no real history of doing sporting events. See editorial below:

TVNL Editor's Comments: Why is Israeli Baseball Being Broadcast on PBS?

Quote:
I have to admit that I don't watch PBS often but as I was flipping through the channels today I stumbled across something very odd. I turned on my local PBS station and I was stunned to find that a baseball game was being broadcast. I was further stunned when I realized that the game being broadcast was the Israeli baseball league opening game.

Not don't get me wrong, I have nothing against an Israeli sporting event being broadcast in America but I want to know why our public broadcasting network is airing this game. I can not for the life of me remember one sporting event being broadcast on PBS...and I have been watching TV for almost all of my 43 years. Why now...and why an Israeli sports event?

I checked the PBS listings on the web and I could not find another sporting event on their schedule. Not baseball, football, soccer, hockey, tennis, billiards...nothing. I have to admit I am disturbed about this. For the few years I have been reporting on media deception I have steered clear of identifying the culprits behind the scenes. While many people have taken up the cause of exposing the so called Jewish control of the media I have simply pointed out the deception that takes place. I don't spend a lot of time talking about who is driving the manipulation of public perception via media control; I simply point out the obvious deception that takes place. But I'll tell you, when I saw an Israeli baseball game being broadcast on our public broadcast network I could not help but to think about the political appointees within the public broadcast system and about the people who fund the system.

Over the past seven years I have witnessed a cabal of people called neo-conservatives, take over our government. I have watched them deliver a “new Pearl Harbor” to us for their own political purposes. (Yes, after 5 years of research I am convinced that 9/11 was indeed an inside job delivered to us by the people who openly declared they could use such an event to their advantage!) I have watched them drive this country into a war that benefits Israel. I watched them start a global war if you will, that is clearly not in the interest of our nation. I have watched men who have close ties and open commitments to Israel and have clearly dedicated their lives to focus on the interests of Israel virtually take over every important policy making positions in our government. From Elliot Abrams to John Bolton these “Israel First” policy makers have found themselves either controlling or influencing virtually every part of our government including the public broadcasting system. I watch as virtually every member of Congress, and even our local politicians have to swear their blind support towards Israel or risk losing their jobs. Today this influence became painfully obvious to me. In my mind what I witnessed was a tax payer funded public relations attempt to heal the horrible public image Israel has gained thanks to the information shared on the Internet.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe while I was looking the other way PBS has become a sports network. Can anyone out there help me out? Can anyone tell me about some other sporting events that you have seen on public TV? I am not talking about public access TV, I am talking about government and public funded TV. Let me know...maybe my concern is for nothing here.

Today was the first time I asked myself if it actually time for me to to pay a little attention to the perpetrators of media deception and control and not just to the deception itself. Think about it. Jesse Richard – Editor, TvNewsLIES.org

NOTE: You can respond to my daily comments on my blog, located here: http://tvnewslies.org/blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:53 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Quote:
Few in the Middle East see any distinction between Israeli and American policies, nor should they. And when the Islamic radicals speak of U.S. support of Israel as a prime reason for their hatred of the United States, we should listen.

Israel and the Jewish lobby in US play a major role in US foreign politics. Such a devotion of the US political community of an "independent country" towards another country is a unique fact in History. Most Americans seems unaware of the importance of this. These last years, we can see it in their most virulent criticisms which are addressed mainly to the Bush administration. Why is for example that the main anti-war movements (in particular "United for Peace and Justice" or "MoveOn") never mention the occupation of Palestine and oppose so that one does it at the time of demonstrations?

The goal of the article below is to try to reinforce the anti-war movement by criticizing their ideological weaknesses and illusions.

How to Deal with The Lobby. The De-Zionization of the American Mind

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:02 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Ostie,

I am not at odds with your general understanding of things. In fact, upon hearing the famous Axis of Evil Speech in January, 2002 I was quite convinced that Israel and the Lobby were behind the whole thing ( promoting war against Iraq, a state that was at odds against them ). Nothing else made sense to me at that time. I did not really know much about the Lobby at that time, but I just felt that Israeli interests were involved in some way. I still think that they pushed for the war because I remember the beaming face of Congressman Solarz from New York on t.v. during the first invasion of Iraq in 1991. ( the U.S. had delivered )

Recently though, i am of the opinion that the military industrial complex must have had a stake in the thing as well. Look at all the money the reconstruction business is making along with the bankers. Maybe the bankers promoted the thing. We know that the oil people did not and that they were generally happy with conditions in the Middle East. So, maybe it was the neocons with their agenda for global domination who were pushing for the war as well. This seems to be the case right now, along with Israel interests pushing for war in Iran. They seem to be working together.

But, the point about the anti-Semitism card is interesting of course. This is the modus operandi of the Lobby it seems. The article which you supplied and which I just finished reading talks about this de-Zionization of America and its efficacy. I believe it could be accomplished; taking the life out of the Lobby. It is my experience as a human being that it is the general sentiments of humans that matter the most when it comes to public opinion. I think when you question people on the street privately they will tell you that Israel has too much influence in America. During the Iraq War or just before I rmember hearing or reading of Americans saying: " if the Jews of New York wanted the war stopped it would stop. " So, these are publicly held opinions and they matter because they get to the real feelings of the people. People don't want to be pushed around by a smaller country like Israel. But, the media and the Lobby through the elected representatives have taken sides with Israel. And, this is a tough combination to beat, especially when you are dealing with potentially racist issues which the Lobby is not fearful in exposing if it serves their interests to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:50 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

If you follow this track, it will lead directly to -> Religions. In a way, I think it is the blind following or leading the blind. Those who want to skirt the religious side of things, will say (conveniently) that they are not religious and avoid the subject entirely. Potentially racist issues exist only when you speak of races verses the "Human Race" and there lies the problem. If you truly believe there are races, then you run into trouble. Races over the human race itself, leads to the color problems we always hear about and thus racism itself. Maybe if Gods and angles and etc, had been shown as being purple or green, we wouldn't think of God, Saviour's and etc as white. I say white, because that has been the common practice. People should not look at the planet as having races, but just a human race. Supposed Religions and supposed races have always been the problem. The biggest problems to solve is -> Our religious book is superior, Our God superior, Our Race is superior, Our Religion is superior. As long as this kind of superiority exist, we will continue to have these problems. If there were / are no superior Religions, Books, Devils, Gods, and etc, we would not have them to war and hate over. According to most religious books, Anti-Religion is - Anti-God, Anti-Christ, Anti-Holy-Leader etc. The Controlled MSM and the Tube are mostly to fault for "trying" to pass off white as the wanabe color and the racism. Who is behind it though and why? It has to be those who somehow benefit from it and that is why they push it or fuel it.

http://opposingdigits.com/racistparadigm/
http://opposingdigits.com/vlog/?p=1881

Why should or would "any" All powerful / the one and only Being / God .. care about color or races, verses a human race?

The human race broken up into races, can cause one to want to be superior over another. Why? Because one or certain ones, may be more powerful and richer then others. Yes, superior. If they are, they can control the situation and use tactics to deflect nearly all criticisms. If white and you say anything openly, you are anti-other. If black and you say anything, you are anti-other. Even Chinese and if you say anything, you are anti-other and so on. Say one race or even religion, becomes the ultimate controllers via wealth and power, then they become God of this earth / planet. So, in a sense, they become their own Messiah and as powerful as a God over others. Racism, religions, Books, Gods and all this stuff has been hashed over ad nauseam .. It should be very interesting to see what ones win out in the end? If we aren't dead first.

If anything should be "exposed," it is racist religious books and practices. All of it should be studied and understood. All people should know "just" what they are supporting and why? trouble is, most do not and thus do so blindly.

SI--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:44 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Sir-Irate,

Our interests are similar. Racism, the treatment of women in our society, and a host of other things which shouldn't be, but are, may in fact be traced back to the Christian religion. A religion which I frequently criticize as you may have noticed. I think many of our problems might have started way back in Genesis when God created woman for man. See my post here in my blog if you are interested ( And Man Created Woman )

http://carl-baydala-wants-you-to-know.b ... s-222.html

The Christian Bible is about white males and their control over their women. The man is the authority figure and the woman is supposed to obey her husband. That is the way the Christian religion is set up. And, since this is a Christian society so they continually tell us, then we are going to constantly see scenes on telelvison and elsewhere about the predominace of the male over the female. The women's movement in the sixties tried to set thing straight however and to educate society about what is going on. . ( women's liberation ) And these womens issues are expressed in law as well with such things as the right of the woman to control her own body, etc. ( abortion rights ). Christianity is a very control oriented religion in my opinion. They want to exact morals upon you and control you and your life. The whole religion is about control by white men. To rule their woman, to maintain control in a country and even rule the world ( people like George Bush and the Evangelicals. ) Obedience is a theme in Christianity and that is why the people in power would like to have everyone believing the same thing. ( like having everyone being a Christian and not a Muslim, for example. ) Christianity is simply a male dominated rellition and it all started back in Genesis. And. look at the Mormons ( big supporters of Republicans by the way ). They are very conservative and their husbands really rule their wives too. Males Mormons are like priests viz a viz their wives. Their wives cannot get into Heaven without the benefit of their husbands. That is the effect of this religion. A white man's religion dominating his wife. These are real things that we are dealing with here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:24 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Of course that concerning the US, there is a certain number of politicians, the military industrial complex, the reconstruction business and the oil business which benefits from these wars in the Middle East, i.e. a small number of people among the Americans. But those who create the conditions so that these businesses are feasible are the Zionists; it is them who indirectly strategically influence the decisions which bring all these actions and they have very little opposition in the US because of this famous pseudo-argument of the charge of anti-semitism.

Also JOMT, I always tend to forget that there is a great difference between what the American people really thinks and what one reads and hears in the MSM. There is an enormous gap between what the public opinion thinks and what wants to do to believe the propaganda of the elites.

You are right both to point the true causes of the problem: religions. It's in the human nature to want to believe in Gods to be able to put meaning in its existence. Humans are not perfects and religions were invented by humans so there is not a religion which would be better or superior than another. But I believe that they are not only the religions as such which would be the true problem but rather the handling of masses of faith people by certain groups of people to satisfy their personal ambitions. In that way, conflicts are inevitable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was at the library one day last week. From the New Books section, I grabbed a book entitled The Alexandria Link by Steve Berry. It's an adventure/thriller that you can read more about at Mr. Berry's website, which I'll include in the link. The reason I'm mentioning this book in this thread is because of several things spoken by various characters in the story in their debates on the religions of the Jews, the Muslims, and the Christians. In a scene on pages 35-36, this is spoken by one of the characters, a State Dept. worker in present-day DC:

From The Alexandria Link by Steve Berry. Pages 35-36:

Quote:
" In one of the reports I saw, written in the margin was Genesis 13: 14-17. You know it?"

"I'm not good with my Bible."

"The Lord said to Abram, lift up now your eyes and look from the place where you are northward and southward and eastward and westward, for all the land which you see, to you I will give it, and to your seed forever."

That she knew. A covenant that, for eons, had been the Jews' biblical claim to the Holy Land.

"Abram removed his tent and lived on the plain of Mamre and built there an alter to the Lord." Green said. "Mamre is Hebron-today the West Bank-the land God gave to the Jews. Abram became Abraham. And that single biblical passage goes to the core of all Mideast disagreements." That she knew, too. The conflict in the Middle East, between Jews and Arabs, was not a political battle, as many perceived. Instead it was a never-ending contest over the Word of God

When Israel was created out of partitioning Palestine in 1948, was it a knee-jerk reaction by the victors of WW2, especially the British, to make up for the Holocaust? How much do any of you know about the nakba? Ever heard of it before? I hadn't, because I've never paid very much attention to how Israel was actually created. When I saw the word in the above referenced book, I looked it up:
http://www.alnakba.org/

Then I seemed to remember my World History professors in college just touching on it...and I had probably been doodling on my notebook, drawing cartoons of the professors instead of listening to them. :roll:

If Christianity can be politicized into becoming more like Judaism, who comes out the winner....again, and who else benefits? Just some things to think about as we delve into how and why certain wars are still being fought today in the ME after thousands of years, and why we in the West have gotten embroiled in them to our present day extent.

There's so much to learn...and so little time.

If you like fiction to read like history, or vice versa, pick up The Alexandria Link by Steve Berry. I've not finished reading it yet, but it's almost as good as The Da Vinci Code.

Here's Steve Berry's website:

Steve Berry

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:56 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

JOMT ..

First of all, you have a nice blog. I looked it over and read some, but not all of what you have there. Yes, I understand how many religions push the subservient women thing. I remember reading (someplace) how women's lib, was supposedly responsible for destroying the family unit and that was the intention. Women in the past who just wouldn't put up with such things, were often blamed for breaking up a marriage. The norm for women was to be chained to the kitchen / home and be subservient to husband and even church. The church would keep the woman inline and remind her that she should be subservient to her husband. My cousin doesn't like it all when I talk to people about holy books being racist. He always makes the comment - "My name - Jesus is not a racist he come and died on the cross for all peoples!"

I don't want to turn this thread into a religious thread, so I'll try to keep it as short and direct as I can. One can't point to one religion and state that it is totally responsible. As far as the Christian religion goes, there many different takes. Which religion is king? Which one will win out is another big question. I think those modern beliefs are getting more popular everyday. The worship of Nature, Wicka and so on. Anyway, one more thing before I get off this. I think to look at this situation fairly, then one has to check Judaism verses Christianity. One needs to do much research on them both. One can't be right if they are all wrong. There is much controversy between the two and which one is the strongest and which will win out in the end. There is much more on this in the RELIGION & PHILOSOPHY section of this forum.

CATH .. Interesting book and I'll check the site.

Quote: If Christianity can be politicized into becoming more like Judaism, who comes out the winner....again, and who else benefits? Just some things to think about as we delve into how and why certain wars are still being fought today in the ME after thousands of years, and why we in the West have gotten embroiled in them to our present day extent.

Yup, I once read something by Rabbi ?? Heese? Something like that and he stated how his study into Judaism, had convinced him that Judaism is Communism. Is it? I don't know and I'm still researching it. I have read quite a lot about Judaism verses Christianity and I've found them to be "not" compatible. I can't for the life of me understand how Christians who follow Haggee and his likes, can think they are compatible? I have also read that Judaism is not a religion, but a set of laws that were later religionized.

How can one not wonder about all those Gods of past times (like Mithras) being born on the 25 of December to a virgin mother and some of them even having 12 teachers and so and so on, without asking questions? You could say - "It's the Son verses the Sun". They'll never ask and those who do, will fall back to that say old answer. The devil did it.

Most people are being Subservient to something. Be it religion or some other books or beliefs or religious books. Also, to this broken political system or systems. People need to throw off the chains of servitude before its to late. If it isn't already.

One last comment ..

About two months ago, I talked to a lady outside one of our local stores. She had invited me to come to her church in the past and she stopped to ask me again. I told her wasn't interested and she made the mistake of asking me why? I told her I wasn't interested in racist holy books and church. She (knowing a lot about my family) asked why I had become so anti-religious, as my family wasn't? I answered the best I could, but won't add my comments here. Later on, she sent an email with - "How can you not believe in Jesus / God?" She went on to write that she didn't think she could get through life without believing and going to Heaven when she died. "Your life (my name) must be so empty and I honestly do feel sorry for you. I hope you will someday, come to find the truth you seek. I think you will find it is Jesus / God. I wish you well and my invitation to you wil always stand." For those who are wondering, she is a Christian / Baptist. I told her the truths I had found and dig for, are not found in church.

SI..