It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: REGGIE: AND THEN THERE WAS ONE: THE FINAL HOLDOUT
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

By Reggie, Contributing Editor, TvNewsLIES.org

Not to worry, this is not about truth seekers or conspiracy theories. It’s not about the long list of anomalies and discrepancies in the official story of 9/11. It’s not even about the undeniable fact that the events of 9/11 gave George Bush and his handlers the keys to the neocon kingdom of empire. It really is not.

What it’s about is the strangest phenomenon I can recall in my entire adult life. It’s about what I perceive to be an extraordinary lapse in the logic of millions of otherwise sensible Americans. And it’s about something I cannot wrap my mind around, no matter how I try. Maybe someone out there can help me understand what’s going on.

In preface, let me also say that this is not about being uninformed. Granted, the corporate media have suppressed any discussion, debate or investigative reporting about the attacks on the United States that purportedly ‘changed everything.’ That reality aside, even the most fawn-like pundits on the airwaves understand that the ship of state is sinking, and that it is time to challenge the lies of this administration. But, it seems that lie after lie has become fair game for disclosure, or at least for some discussion at this point. As a result, each day, the American people in larger and larger numbers understand that they have been taken for a terrible and costly ride by the lies they were told by this President and his cohorts.

That is, every lie but one.

Finally, nearly seven years after a stolen election that was itself based on lies, greater numbers of Americans are no longer blindly accepting the talking points emanating from the White House as the Gospel truth. In more and more media outlets the Bush lies are openly being identified as such, - rather than by every other euphemism meant to soften the ugliness of a government lying to its people. If people are not totally convinced, at least they hear debates and discussions and competing viewpoints. If nothing else, they are beginning to have doubts about the daily mantras that had them mesmerized for so long.

So let’s take a look at just the short list of these lies, so as better to understand my dilemma about the lone holdout: 9/11. Bear with me:

At this point in time, many, if not most Americans know that the men and women in the Bush White House clearly and deliberately LIED to them, both by omission and commission about:

READ MORE AT THE LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:23 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Reggie got lots of feedback to this item. Check out all the comments as well.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:55 pm 

It's not that I believe the official story. It's that I believe different lies were told about 9/11/2001. Let me explain. Based on my own observations, I am convinced that Bush & Co. knew what was coming but deliberately stifled any and all actions to do something about it. The CIA and FBI whistleblowers, who ended up ignored and pushed to the sidelines by a disbelieving public, knew something was up. Yet they were ordered off the investigations into known terrorists' activities. Furthermore, the evidence available suggests that the buildings were simply brought down by the combination of jet airliners ripping through vital support columns and the heat from the fire weakening the remains to the point where the towers just collapsed in on themselves. Given the early point during the regime at which the attacks occurred, it is unlikely that no one would have come forward had they known government operatives were going to carry out an attack against their own country. I tend to go with the principle of Occam's Razor, which can be summed up by saying that the simplest explanation is to be preferred.

We know that the Bushies were receiving warnings from intel and law enforcement agencies. We know they stopped flying commercial as early as June of 2001. We know they had enough info to predict, perhaps, the very month or week the attacks were schedules to be carried out (shareholders for United and American airlines, the two companies whose planes were used in the attacks, sold off massive amounts of stock just days before). But did they go through the trouble of setting up and carrying out an elaborate attack, right under our noses, or did they simply sit on their asses counting on bin Laden's men to do what they could not do themselves without being caught? I think it's the latter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Michael Kwiatkowski wrote:
It's not that I believe the official story. It's that I believe different lies were told about 9/11/2001. Let me explain. Based on my own observations, I am convinced that Bush & Co. knew what was coming but deliberately stifled any and all actions to do something about it. The CIA and FBI whistleblowers, who ended up ignored and pushed to the sidelines by a disbelieving public, knew something was up. Yet they were ordered off the investigations into known terrorists' activities. Furthermore, the evidence available suggests that the buildings were simply brought down by the combination of jet airliners ripping through vital support columns and the heat from the fire weakening the remains to the point where the towers just collapsed in on themselves. Given the early point during the regime at which the attacks occurred, it is unlikely that no one would have come forward had they known government operatives were going to carry out an attack against their own country. I tend to go with the principle of Occam's Razor, which can be summed up by saying that the simplest explanation is to be preferred.

Just what evidence available suggests this?

This is what bothers me. There are credible arguments against the theory that the tower's fell as they did due to structural damage and the heat from the fires.

It bothers me that eye witness reports of explosions were suppressed.

It bothers me that they supposedly found a passport of one of the supposed hijackers in the tons and tons of rubble.

It bothers me that they had to remove the massive core columns in a computer simulation in order to achieve a collapse that came anywhere close to what happened.

It also bothers me that they have ignored the laws of physics.

Many other things have bothered me, yet they have conveniently swept them under the rug.

I'm not saying these things to argue with you. I'm done arguing about things that we will never know because there was never a real investigation. The cover up started immediately which causes me to suspect that they were hiding something that lay within the rubble.

It is possible that you are in fact correct, it is possible that I am correct.

One thing that we can all agree on is that they lied to us on that day and they have all been lying to us ever sense.

This is all we need to know.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.