Most of you are aware of how Think Progress's Amanda Terkel has been victimized by Bill O'Reilly's STALKING and HARRASSMENT MACHINE. But she's not sitting still for it...take a look at this report:More than 10,000 of you have stood up to Bill O’Reilly.Since the launch of our Stop Supporting The O’Reilly Harassment Machine campaign on Wednesday afternoon, more than 10,000 of you have taken action. Thank you for all your support! In just two days, here are all the successes we’ve had:
– UPS announced it will no longer advertise on The Factor.
– Capital One expressed “regret” for O’Reilly’s insensitivity and explained that it does not endorse his views.
– A Ford spokesman candidly told us that he agreed with us about the “rantings of the hopelessly pig-headed Mr. O’Reilly.” (Ford then clarified that the statement did not speak for the company.)
– AT&T said it makes “every effort” to ensure their advertisers are in keeping with the company’s “corporate values and philosophy,” but it would not say whether O’Reilly’s show was in keeping with that philosophy.
– Bill O’Reilly lashed out at us, calling us “insects.”
– Amanda appeared on MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann to discuss the campaign.
Let’s urge more companies to follow the lead of UPS. Please join our campaign.I SIGNED THE MESSAGE..HOPE ALL OF YOU WILL, TOO.