It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vice Chairman Subverts the Government
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Vice Chairman of the Select Committee on Intelligence Subverts the Government

Senator Jay Rockefeller made a stunning admission on the Sunday, November 13th edition of Fox and Friends. Below is the transcript of one of his exchanges with host Chris Wallace:

WALLACE: Now, the President never said that Saddam Hussein was an imminent threat. As you saw, you did say that. If anyone hyped the intelligence, isn't it Jay Rockefeller?

SEN. ROCKEFELLER: No. The — I mean, this question is asked a thousand times and I'll be happy to answer it a thousand times. I took a trip by myself in January of 2002 to Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Syria, and I told each of the heads of state that it was my view that George Bush had already made up his mind to go to war against Iraq — that that was a predetermined set course which had taken shape shortly after 9/11.

By his own admission, a United States Senator and vice chairman of the Select Committee on Intelligence, told Bashir Assad, fascist president of Syria and ally to Saddam Hussein of America’s plan for war with Iraq. Of course this was even before the president had made a public statement about a possible war to oust Saddam.

The Assad regime is a known supporter and facilitator of terrorism, as seen in many instances including its murder of former prime minister of Lebanon Rafic Hariri and their current aid of Al-Qaeda in Iraq. The question which should be investigated is what did Jay Rockefeller tell Assad?

Why this admission is not being vigorously pursued by the Senate is beyond understanding, as this type of subversion of the US government by one of it’s own is unacceptable.

Another question that looms is why is the press ignoring this possible bombshell story?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Jay Rockefeller was staing the obvious. George W. Bush and Donald Rumsfeld told Richard Clarke they wanted to attack Iraq as far back as Sept. 11, 2001.

MATTHEWS: Richard Clarke said that Donald Rumsfeld wanted to target Iraq immediately following the 9/11 attacks and said that President Bush had tried to intimidate him, Richard Clarke, into making that Iraq-al Qaeda connection.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CLARKE: Rumsfeld was saying that we needed to bomb Iraq, and we all said, “But no, no, al Qaeda is in Afghanistan. We need to bomb Afghanistan.”

And Rumsfeld said, “There aren‘t any good targets in Afghanistan. And there are lots of good targets in Iraq.”

The president dragged me into a room with a couple of other people, shut the door, and said, “I want you to find whether Iraq did this.” Now, he never said make it up, but the entire conversation left me with absolutely no doubt that George Bush wanted me to come back with a report that said Iraq did this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4587369/