It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lies my president told me. G.W." words on trial
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:47 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

No nation can negotiate with terrorists. For there is no way to make peace with those whose only goal is death.

George W. Bush-Remarks to ReportersApril 4, 2002

After weeks of delicate negotiation . . . a small group of insurgent commanders apparently came face to face with four American officials seeking to establish a dialogue with the men they regard as their enemies. The talks on June 3 were followed by a second encounter 10 days later, according to an Iraqi who said that he had attended both meetings . . . further talks are planned in the hope of negotiating an eventual breakthrough that might reduce the violence in Iraq.

The Sunday Times of London-US 'in talks with Iraq rebels'June 26, 2005

BBC News- Monday, 7 November 2005,
"We do not torture," Mr Bush told reporters during a visit to Panama.

He said enemies were plotting to hurt the US and his government would pursue them, but would do so "under the law".

Washington has for the first time acknowledged to the United Nations that prisoners have been tortured at US detention centres in Guantanamo Bay, as well as Afghanistan and Iraq, a UN source said.

The acknowledgement was made in a report submitted to the UN Committee against Torture, said a member of the ten-person panel, speaking on on condition of anonymity.

"They are no longer trying to duck this, and have respected their obligation to inform the UN," the Committee member told AFP.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:10 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Bush said in New Delhi the other day- "I applaud the senate for voting the patriot act and overcoming the partisan attempts to block its passage. He issued that press statement at 1:56PM EST.

Just 1 problem. The bill wasn't passed for another 1 1/2 hours? Wow is he psychic, or does he just know events before they happen. God told him, yeah, that's what it is. Just like him seeing the first plane flying into the WTC 1 as it happened, in his Limo. God did it through Supernatural Airwaves Woooooooo. Scary stuff. What does that say about the democrats as an opposition! Shall we say-BOUGHT and SOLD. part of the deal. Two headed coin?

the choice chooses them

Post subject: Bush Says He Didn’t Link Saddam Hussein to 9/11
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:31 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

As poll numbers continue to show decreasing public support for his presidency and the war in Iraq, President Bush appealed Monday for patience. Speaking in Ohio, Bush said he could "understand people being disheartened" but implored Americans to see signs of progress. During the question period, the President was asked about the pre-war claim Saddam Hussein was linked to the 9/11 attacks. Bush responded: "First-just if I might correct a misperception, I don't think we ever said, at least I know I didn't say that there was a direct connection between September 11th and Saddam Hussein."

Critics immediately lashed out at the President’s remarks. In a letter to Congress delivered three years ago today, President Bush wrote: “The use of armed forces against Iraq is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations or person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001.”

Duh, um er, what was that question again? What did I say? Heh heh. Oh um er ah well sure stuck my foot in 'er this time didn't I. Heh heh.

the choice chooses them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:12 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It was the medias fault for that. They report too much wrong stuff these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:52 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Speaking of lies, how many can you spot in this litany of mendacity. This is like a kids game where you have to spot all the mistakes between the 2 pictures.

President Bush's news conference. Veteran White House correspondent Helen Thomas asked President Bush what some analysts called the most direct questioning he’s ever received on his reasons for invading Iraq.

HELEN THOMAS: I'd like to ask you, Mr. President, your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, wounds of Americans and Iraqis for a lifetime. Every reason given, publicly at least, has turned out not to be true. My question is, why did you really want to go to war? From the moment you stepped into the White House, from your Cabinet -- your Cabinet officers, intelligence people, and so forth -- what was your real reason? You have said it wasn't oil -- quest for oil, it hasn't been Israel, or anything else. What was it?

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: I think your premise, in all due respect to your question and to you as a lifelong journalist, is that, you know, I didn't want war. To assume I wanted war is just flat wrong, Helen, in all due respect --

HELEN THOMAS: Everything --

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: Hold on for a second, please. (getting madder)

HELEN THOMAS: -- everything I've heard --

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: Excuse me, excuse me.(Madder) No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true. My attitude about the defense of this country changed on September the 11th. We -- when we got attacked, I vowed then and there to use every asset at my disposal to protect the American people. Our foreign policy changed on that day, Helen. You know, we used to think we were secure because of oceans and previous diplomacy, but we realized on September the 11th, 2001, that killers could destroy innocent life(Killers Like us at the whitehouse). And I'm never going to forget it.(That I'm a murderer) And I'm never going to forget the vow I made to the American people that we will do everything in our power to protect our people.(Like flying planes into buildings and starting a war that has made us more insecure)

Part of that meant to make sure that we didn't allow people to provide safe haven to an enemy.(Like the FBI and the CIA) And that's why I went into Iraq -- hold on for a second --

HELEN THOMAS: They didn't do anything to you or to our country.

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: Look -- excuse me for a second, please. Excuse me for a second.(How do i weasel out of this one-old bitch has me cornered) They did. The Taliban provided safe haven for al-Qaeda.(This always works) That's where al-Qaeda trained --

HELEN THOMAS: I'm talking about Iraq --

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: Helen, excuse me.(madder than hell) That's where(Um er uh Brain shutdown) -- Afghanistan provided safe haven for al-Qaeda. That's where they trained. That's where they plotted. That's where they planned the attacks that killed thousands of innocent Americans.

I also saw a threat in Iraq. I was hoping to solve this problem diplomatically.(Unlikely) That's why I went to the Security Council; that's why it was important to pass 1441, which was unanimously passed. And the world(Read- my bribed buddies) said, ‘Disarm, disclose, or face serious consequences’ --

HELEN THOMAS: -- go to war --

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: -- and therefore, we worked with the world(Coalition of the bribed), we worked to make sure that Saddam Hussein heard the message of the world(by threatening him into compliance). And when he chose to deny inspectors(Whom we bribed), when he chose not to disclose(The inspectors told us where to bomb), then I had the difficult decision to make to remove him(As Saddam had to do to the inspectors for being spies of the U-SUK). And we did, and the world is safer for it.(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHHHAAAAAAA)

Boy does he need a drink after this one. Better make it a triple.

How many did you spot? It is a lie upon another lie as told by a seriously psychopathic drunk sociopath named the President. The numbers are in the double digits at least.

the choice chooses them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:23 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Helen Thomas ( the stupid nutbag) Dislikes the Taste of Her Own Medicine
It seems what's good for the goose is not good for Helen Thomas, who didn't like it when a reporter published her promise to kill herself if Cheney runs for President, thereby blowing her reputation as a clear-minded, objective journalist in the mold of Dan Rather and Bill Moyers. Drudge picked up the story and ran with it, and suddenly there is widespread support for Cheney to run, at least long enough to call Thomas on her promise.

"I'll never talk to a reporter again!" Thomas screeched, in a rare flash of wisdom.

Albert Eisele, who published Thomas' suicide promise in The Hill, noted that reporters don't like it when the tables are turned. "Nobody has thinner skin than reporters," he said with a laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:11 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Helen Thomas Smackdown
Possibly mistaking herself for Cindy Sheehan, Helen Thomas presented the President with the following question at yesterday's press conference:

I'd like to ask you, Mr. President, your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis, wounds of Americans and Iraqis for a lifetime. Every reason given, publicly at least, has turned out not to be true. My question is, why did you really want to go to war? From the moment you stepped into the White House, from your Cabinet — your Cabinet officers, intelligence people, and so forth — what was your real reason? You have said it wasn't oil — quest for oil, it hasn't been Israel, or anything else. What was it?
Needless to say this is not journalism, but juvenile and disrespectful soapboxing. Waiting for the public to realize that they are being systematically misled by people who want to see our country degraded and defeated isn't working. If the dreary poll numbers that have brought so many smug smiles to the press are going to be reversed, it's high time to take the gloves off and fight back.

Bush did so with the perfect touch, never losing his graciousness, much less stooping to the yapping-dog level of his MSM detractors, as he put the loathsome little troll in her place by patiently yet passionately describing some of the recent historical events that made the invasion of Iraq all but unavoidable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:30 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

it never ceases to amaze how people can watch the same news cast video and "see" a completely opposite video.

the majority of news outlets, the majority of forums, the majority of people thought it was amusing to watch bush stammer and grasp desperately for some logical answer to her questions.

yet, bucky saw something entirely different. go figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:16 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

THE LIE:

Quote:
Across the world and in every part of America, people of goodwill are hoping and praying for peace. Our goal is peace -- for our nation, for our friends and allies, for the people of the Middle East.

Q (Jim Angle Fox News): Thank you, Mr. President. Sir, if you haven't already made the choice to go to war, can you tell us what you are waiting to hear or see before you do make that decision?

Bush: I recognize there are people who -- who don't like war. I don't like war. I wish that Saddam Hussein had listened to the demands of the world and disarmed. That was my hope. That's why I first went to the United Nations to begin with, on September the 12th, 2002, to address this issue as forthrightly as I knew how. That's why, months later, we went to the Security Council to get another resolution, called 1441, which was unanimously approved by the Security Council, demanding that Saddam Hussein disarm.

I'm hopeful that he does disarm. But, in the name of peace and the security of our people, if he won't do so voluntarily, we will disarm him. And other nations will join him -- join us in disarming him.

And that creates a certain sense of anxiety; I understand that. Nobody likes war.

I believe Saddam Hussein is a threat to the American people. I take the threat seriously, and I hope it can be done peacefully.

I hope we don't have to go to war...

Well, Bill, if they believe he should be disarmed, and he's not going to disarm, there's only one way to disarm him. And that happens to be my last choice -- the use of force.

I've not made up our mind about military action. Hopefully, this can be done peacefully.

Transcript: President George Bush Discusses Iraq in National Press Conference March 6, 2003

THE TRUTH:

Quote:
Link: Bush, Blair were set on Iraq war despite UN

British author writes 2 leaders conspired

It was the end of January 2003. Secretary of State Colin Powell was five days away from giving a key speech at the UN Security Council, laying out the case that Iraq was hiding weapons of mass destruction and posed a danger to world peace.

But huddled with aides at the White House, President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair were not sure there was enough evidence to convince the Security Council. Without the council's explicit authorization, their plans for an invasion to depose Saddam Hussein could be difficult to defend under international law.

Bush proposed an alternative: Paint a U.S. spy plane in UN colors and see whether they couldn't tempt Saddam Hussein's forces to shoot at it. In any case, he said, the war was "penciled in" for March 10 and the United States would go ahead with or without a second UN resolution.

Author defends authenticity

Sands said there was no doubt about the authenticity of the documents that he quotes in his book.

"They have not been denied and they cannot be denied," he told the Times this week. Britain's Channel 4 News says it has also seen the document outside of Britain. Its journalist Jon Snow presented excerpts in a broadcast last weekend.

The text, in Sands' view, shows that U.S. and British leaders had determined six weeks before the invasion to launch a war to disarm Hussein, even without explicit United Nations approval.

According to the secret notes of the meeting, as paraphrased by Sands in his book and then quoted directly by Channel 4, Bush told Blair that "the U.S. was thinking of flying U2 reconnaissance aircraft with fighter cover over Iraq, painted in UN colors. If Saddam fires on them, he would be in breach."

The accounts say Bush promised to put the full weight of the United States behind getting another UN resolution but if that failed, military action would follow, anyway.

MORE TRUTH:

Quote:
Link: Ex-CIA official rips war case

The former CIA official charged with managing the U.S. government's secret intelligence assessments on Iraq says the Bush administration chose war first and then misleadingly used raw data to assemble a public case for its decision to invade.

The specific critiques in Pillar's 4,500-word essay, titled, "Intelligence, Policy and the War in Iraq," are not new. But it apparently is the first time such attacks are being publicly leveled by such a high-ranking intelligence official directly involved behind the scenes--before, during and after the invasion of Iraq nearly three years ago.

Because of his position, Pillar would have had access to, and likely intimate knowledge about, virtually every piece of Iraq-related intelligence maintained across all agencies within the U.S. government.

He also wrote that the Bush administration "used intelligence not to inform decision-making but to justify a decision already made"--to topple Hussein's regime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:59 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Americans who tuned in for one of President George W. Bush's rare press conferences saw a cornered animal trying to squirm his way out of trouble by doing what he has always done - evading the truth.

Bush's attempt to showcase himself as a leader who could handle tough questions from the press corps fell just as flat as his unscripted town-meeting style appearance in Cleveland the day before.

His eyes darted from side-to-side as he fielded questions about his real reasons for invading Iraq. He stammered. Stalled. Used the word "uh" more times than a suspect caught red-handed. He still claimed his reasons for invading Iraq were just, even though those reasons have been proven wrong. He claims the war can be won, a view not shared by many of his generals. He claimed a lot of things - few of them true.

"President Bush exhibited symptoms of pathological prevarication," says Dr. Stephanie Crossfield, a psychologist who treats people who have trouble telling the truth and who watched Bush's performances on Monday and Tuesday at my request. "His eye movements, gestures, and changes in voice tone all display traits of consistent evasion of the truth."

When studying a subject, she watches the eyes.

"Eye movement is difficult to control," she said. "You find that the eyes dart away in specific patterns when a person is not telling the truth. The President's eyes dart a great deal. He is not comfortable facing the truth."

Dr. Justin Frank, author of the book, Bush on the Couch: Inside the Mind of the President, agrees with Dr. Crossfield.

"President Bush marches deeper and deeper into a world of his own," says Dr. Frank. "Central to Bush's world is an iron will which demands that external reality be changed to conform to his personal view of how things are."

Republicans reluctantly admit Bush has lost touch with the truth. Sen. Chuck Hagel says the President is "disconnected from reality."

Venture out beyond the Beltway and you find conservative Republicans shaking their head and wondering the same thing.

Dennis Dalbey cuts the hair of Camp Pendleton's young Marines, giving them the regulation haircut before they head to combat in Iraq. His barbershop on the Coast Highway near the base in California is covered with painted yellow ribbons, flags and "We support our troops" banners. But Dalbey, a Republican and a self-described conservative who voted for Bush, says he is fed up with the President's lies.

"Enough is enough," he says. "It's time to bring the boys home."

In San Marcos, retired Navy veteran Herb Ranquist, 77, sits in the local VFW hall and says Bush is a failure.

"I voted for him two times, and I wish I hadn't," Ranquist says. "It was probably one of the worst mistakes I ever made."

Dr. Crossfield says it doesn't take a degree in psychology or advanced training in spotting liars to realize the President plays fast and loose with the truth.

"More and more ordinary Americans see the evidence clearly every day," she says. "It is difficult to ignore."

Dr. Frank says Bush can't change his ways.

"Taking responsibility has always been hard for George W. Bush," he says. "Taking responsibility for inflicting harm on others, a major step in the development of maturity, is a step President Bush has yet to make. Instead, he persists in lying to himself."

And to the American people.

the choice chooses them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:32 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

During the campaign of 2000, he pitched himself as a candidate who could "restore" honor and integrity to an Oval Office stained by the misdeeds and falsehoods of his predecessor. To brand Bush a liar is to negate what he and his supporters declared was his most basic and most important qualification for the job. The list of his misrepresentations, though, is far longer than the lengthy list of dubious statements Bush employed--and keeps on employing--to justify his invasion and occupation of Iraq. Here then is a partial--a quite partial--account of the other lies of George W. Bush.

Tax Cuts
Bush's crusade for tax cuts is the domestic policy matter that has spawned the most misrepresentations from his camp. On the 2000 campaign trail, he sold his success as a "tax-cutting person" by hailing cuts he passed in Texas while governor. But Bush did not tell the full story of his 1997 tax plan. His proposal called for cutting property taxes. But what he didn't mention is that it also included an attempt to boost the sales tax and to implement a new business tax. Nor did he note that his full package had not been accepted by the state legislature. Instead, the lawmakers passed a $1 billion reduction in property taxes. And these tax cuts turned out to be a sham. After they kicked in, school districts across the state boosted local tax rates to compensate for the loss of revenue. A 1999 Dallas Morning News analysis found that "many [taxpayers] are still paying as much as they did in 1997, or more." Republican Lieutenant Governor Rick Perry called the cuts "rather illusory."

"The vast majority of my [proposed] tax cuts go to the bottom end of the spectrum." That estimate was wildly at odds with analyses of where the money would really go. A report by Citizens for Tax Justice, a liberal outfit that specializes in distribution analysis, figured that 42.6 percent of Bush's $1.6 trillion tax package would end up in the pockets of the top 1 percent of earners. The lowest 60 percent would net 12.6 percent.

To deal with the criticism that his plan was a boon for millionaires, Bush devised an imaginary friend--a mythical single waitress who was supporting two children on an income of $22,000, and he talked about her often. He said he wanted to remove the tax-code barriers that kept this waitress from reaching the middle class, and he insisted that if his tax cuts were passed, "she will pay no income taxes at all." But when Time asked the accounting firm of Deloitte & Touche to analyze precisely how Bush's waitress-mom would be affected by his tax package, the firm reported that she would not see any benefit because she already had no income-tax liability.

As he sold his tax cuts from the White House, Bush maintained in 2001 that with his plan, "the greatest percentage of tax relief goes to the people at the bottom end of the ladder." This was trickery--technically true only because low-income earners pay so little income tax to begin with. As the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities put it, "a two-parent family of four with income of $26,000 would indeed have its income taxes eliminated under the Bush plan, which is being portrayed as a 100 percent reduction in taxes." But here was the punch line: The family owed only $20 in income taxes under the existing law. Its overall tax bill (including payroll and excise taxes), though, was $2,500. So that twenty bucks represented less than 1 percent of its tax burden. Bush's "greatest percentage" line was meaningless in the real world, where people paid their bills with money, not percentages.

This is how his little mind operates. This kind of trickery with numbers is intended to feed the simple minded of the general populace and to contribute fluff discussion in an otherwise brainless mass of those with a limited world view outside of their own wants and needs- family and money. If it appears as a tax cut then he must be good as president.

This article goes on to discuss the environment and 911 and outlines various other tricks and deceptions that are used by politicians everywhere to bolster their images.

As it states on the last page
- Asked in 1999 to name something he wasn't good at, Bush replied, "Sitting down and reading a 500-page book on public policy or philosophy or something." Bush likes life to be clear-cut. And perhaps that causes him to either bend the truth or see (and promote) a bent version of reality. Observers can debate whether Bush considers his embellishments and misrepresentations to be the honest-to-God truth or whether he cynically hurls falsehoods to con the public. But believer or deceiver--the result is the same.

With his misrepresentations and false assertions, Bush has dramatically changed the nation and the world. Relying on deceptions, he turned the United States into an occupying power. Using lies, he pushed through tax cuts that will profoundly reshape the US budget for years to come, most likely insuring a long stretch of deficits that will make it difficult, perhaps impossible, for the federal government to fund existing programs or contemplate new ones.

Does Bush lie more than his predecessors, more than his political opponents? That's irrelevant. He's guiding the nation during difficult and perhaps perilous times, in which a credible President is much in need. Prosperity or economic decline? War or peace? Security or fear? This country has a lot to deal with. Lies from the White House poison the debates that must occur if Americans are going to confront and overcome the challenges of this century at home and abroad.

Presidential lying, in fact, threatens the country. To render informed and wise choices about the crucial and complicated controversies of the day, people need truthful information. The President is generally in a position to define and dominate a debate more than other political players. And a lie from the White House--or a fib or a misrepresentation or a fudged number--can go a long way toward distorting the national discussion.

Bush campaigned for the presidency as the fellow who would bring honesty back to the White House. During his first full day on the job, while swearing in his White House staff, he reminded his cadre, "On a mantelpiece in this great house is inscribed the prayer of John Adams, that only the wise and honest may rule under this roof." But Adams's prayer would once more go unanswered. There has been no restoration of integrity. Bush's promise was a lie. The future of the United States remains in the hands of a dishonest man.

It can be found at http://www.thenation.com/doc/20031013/corn and goes on for 4 pages.

the choice chooses them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:28 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

As poll numbers continue to show decreasing public support for his presidency and the war in Iraq, President Bush appealed Monday for patience. Speaking in Ohio, Bush said he could "understand people being disheartened" but implored Americans to see signs of progress. During the question period, the President was asked about the pre-war claim Saddam Hussein was linked to the 9/11 attacks. Bush responded: "First-just if I might correct a misperception, I don't think we ever said, at least I know I didn't say that there was a direct connection between September 11th and Saddam Hussein."

The liberation of Iraq is a crucial advance in the campaign against terror.

We've removed an ally of al Qaeda, and cut off a source of terrorist funding.

And this much is certain: No terrorist network will gain weapons of mass destruction from the Iraqi regime, because the regime is no more."
Source: President Bush Announces Major Combat Operations in Iraq Have Ended, White House (5/1/2003).

"The regime . . . has aided, trained and harbored terrorists, including operatives of al Qaeda.

The danger is clear: using chemical, biological or, one day, nuclear weapons, obtained with the help of Iraq, the terrorists could fulfill their stated ambitions and kill thousands or hundreds of thousands of innocent people in our country, or any other."
Source: President Says Saddam Hussein Must Leave Iraq Within 48 Hours, White House (3/17/2003).

"He has trained and financed al Qaeda-type organizations before, al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations."
Source: President George Bush Discusses Iraq in National Press Conference, White House (3/6/2003).

"One of the greatest dangers we face is that weapons of mass destruction might be passed to terrorists who would not hesitate to use those weapons. Saddam Hussein has longstanding, direct and continuing ties to terrorist networks. Senior members of Iraq intelligence and al Qaeda have met at least eight times since the early 1990s. Iraq has sent bomb-making and document forgery experts to work with al Qaeda. Iraq has also provided al Qaeda with chemical and biological weapons training. And an al Qaeda operative was sent to Iraq several times in the late 1990s for help in aquiring poisons and gases. We also know that Iraq is harboring a terrorist network headed by a senior al Qaeda terrorist planner."
Source: President's Radio Address, White House (2/8/2003).

Evidence from intelligence sources, secret communications, and statements by people now in custody reveal that Saddam Hussein aids and protects terrorists, including members of al Qaeda. Secretly, and without fingerprints, he could provide one of his hidden weapons to terrorists, or help develop their own."
Source: President Delivers "State of the Union", White House (1/28/2003).

"He's a threat because he is dealing with Al Qaida. In my Cincinnati speech I reminded the American people, a true threat facing our country is that an Al Qaida-type network trained and armed by Saddam could attack America and leave not one fingerprint."
Source: President Outlines Priorities, White House (11/7/2002

He's had contacts with Al Qaida. Imagine the scenario where an Al Qaida-type organization uses Iraq as an arsenal, a place to get weapons, a place to be trained to use the weapons. Saddam Hussein could use surrogates to come and attack people he hates."
Source: Remarks by the President at Arkansas Welcome, White House (11/4/2002).

This is a man who has had Al Qaida connections. I want you to think about a scenario in which he becomes the arsenal and the training grounds for shadowy terrorists so that he can attack somebody who (sic) hates and not leave any fingerprints behind. He is a threat."
Source: Remarks by the President at Missouri Welcome, White House (11/4/2002).

"Saddam Hussein is a man who told the world he wouldn't have weapons of mass destruction, but he's got them . . . . And not only that, [he would] like nothing more than to hook up with one of these shadowy terrorist networks like Al Qaeda, provide some weapons and training to them, let them come do his dirty work, and we wouldn't be able to see his fingerprints on his action."
Source: Iraq Must Disarm Says President in South Dakota Speech, White House (11/3/2002). \\

This [Saddam Hussein] is a person who has had contacts with al Qaeda."
Source: President Bush Outlines Iraqi Threat;

Remarks by the President on Iraq, White House (10/28/2002).

And I also mentioned the fact that there is a connection between al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein."
Source: President Condems Attack in Bali, White House (10/14/2002).

We know that Iraq and al Qaeda have had high-level contacts that go back a decade. Some al Qaeda leaders who fled Afghanistan went to Iraq. These include one very senior al Qaeda leader who received medical treatment in Baghdad this year, and who has been associated with planning for chemical and biological attacks. We've learned that Iraq has trained al Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases."
Source: President Bush Outlines Iraqi Threat; Remarks by the President on Iraq, White House (10/7/2002).

The regime has longstanding and continuing ties to terrorist groups, and there are Al Qaida terrorists inside Iraq."
Source: George W. Bush Delivers Weekly Radio Address, White House (9/28/2002).

THE PROBLEM WITH BEING A SERIAL PSYCOLOGICAL LIAR, IT'S HARD TO REMEMBER WHAT LIES YOU'VE TOLD AND WHO YOU TOLD THEM TO.

HOW FUNNY, THAT YOU PROTECT THE LIAR, AND THINK HE WON THE DEBATE WITH HELEN. DOES THAT MEAN YOU THINK HE IS THE BEST LIAR?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:13 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yeah, Helen Thomas is one great old bird. Been around and seen so much. She tricked Bush into asking her a question and boy did he get put on the spot.

I assume you're talking about Bucky defending Bush. He was our resident right wing nut, but he hasn't been around for a while. He swallows all the lies Bush feeds and spews them back out. The worst kind of patriot- Blind obedience to authority.

Welcome to the board Wiseoldgranny. Glad to see you keep informed and listen to Democracy Now. I love that show.

the choice chooses them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:27 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

It's good to get back on line. I used to frequent the ABC message board.
One day (hadn't even been on line) I found myself banned. I tried to find a reason and could not get a reply. Inever break the rules and, as you can see by my posts, I usually just state facts. I know others that use foul language, personal attacks, and worse, that have been banned and come back the same day. I don't know how to do it......so, here I am. Thanks. :wink:

I noticed that the neo-cons have slowed their rhetoric considerably and seem to be out numbered even on that board.

As for Helen, just one more 'kill the messenger' tactic by the bushcos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:28 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

wiseoldgranny wrote:
It's good to get back on line. I used to frequent the ABC message board.
One day (hadn't even been on line) I found myself banned. I tried to find a reason and could not get a reply. Inever break the rules and, as you can see by my posts, I usually just state facts. I know others that use foul language, personal attacks, and worse, that have been banned and come back the same day. I don't know how to do it......so, here I am. Thanks. :wink:

I noticed that the neo-cons have slowed their rhetoric considerably and seem to be out numbered even on that board.

As for Helen, just one more 'kill the messenger' tactic by the bushcos.

Welcome granny. You won't get banned here. Hell, we even let bucky stay around, and he's a propaganda addled, fascist moron.