It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bush Privately Asks Media to Join His Propaganda Campaign
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:33 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

If you can't beat 'em, ask them to join you.

Off the Record, Bush Makes Media Inroads

As he defends his Iraq policy with a public campaign of speeches and a recent news conference, President Bush also has been waging a private campaign that has included off-the-record sessions with White House reporters, sources said yesterday.

One gathering, which took place Thursday in the White House residence, was an unusual gesture by Bush, who has agreed to comparatively few lengthy exchanges with reporters during his five years in office. Bush has said publicly that he needs to convince Americans that the U.S. mission in Iraq is on a path to victory, despite what he called a news media focus on daily violence.

Last week's session involved reporters from several prominent broadcast and print outlets, including ABC News and The Washington Post. Under the off-the-record ground rules, the journalists were barred from reporting what was discussed. White House officials said they also hoped the meetings' mere existence would remain under wraps. That proved impossible when journalists from The Post who were not participants in the session, as well as those at other publications, learned of the meetings from sources outside the paper and began to report on them.

White House press secretary Scott McClellan did not return messages yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:26 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

maybe CNN and CBS were left out because both hetworks have now been running segments about bush and blair's conversations prior to the war. they stated how bush planned on painting a jet the UN colos and hoped that saddam would shoot at it...thereby sucking the UN into the war. they also stated how bush wanted this war at any cost.

we here have been aware of those memo's for a long time now....so, why is MSM now running stories about it now???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

mga wrote:
maybe CNN and CBS were left out because both hetworks have now been running segments about bush and blair's conversations prior to the war. they stated how bush planned on painting a jet the UN colos and hoped that saddam would shoot at it...thereby sucking the UN into the war. they also stated how bush wanted this war at any cost.

we here have been aware of those memo's for a long time now....so, why is MSM now running stories about it now???

Yes, I saw this story mentioned on CNN last night. I wondered the same thing. Of course, this has been the MO of the US news media concerning all of the damning Downing Street Memos. These stories are immediately reported in England to great outrage amongst the Brits. The US media then ignores the story for several weeks. Finally, we begin to get the news in little dribs and drabs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:27 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

so where in this story does "Bush Privately Asks Media to Join His Propaganda Campaign" or is that the part you made up and everybody is suppose to go along with . isn't that in itself bullshit propaganda?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:35 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

buckshot wrote:
so where in this story does "Bush Privately Asks Media to Join His Propaganda Campaign" or is that the part you made up and everybody is suppose to go along with . isn't that in itself bullshit propaganda?

I'm not asking anyone to go along with anything. Read the story yourself and see what you think. Or, do as you usually do, and listen to Rush Limbaugh to find out what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:48 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
I'm not asking anyone to go along with anything. Read the story yourself and see what you think. Or, do as you usually do, and listen to Rush Limbaugh to find out what you think.

so let me get this straight , bush speaks to someone off the record and automatically i'm suppose to believe that "Bush Privately Asks Media to Join His Propaganda Campaign"comeon get a grip .man the president can't go to the bathroom without some wingnut starting some conspiracy theory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

buckshot wrote:
Quote:

so let me get this straight , bush speaks to someone off the record and automatically i'm suppose to believe that "Bush Privately Asks Media to Join His Propaganda Campaign"comeon get a grip .man the president can't go to the bathroom without some wingnut starting some conspiracy theory.

You mised the point. Who cares if Bush talks to reporters off the record. I just found it disturbing that he asked them to bias their reporting to fool the American public into thinking everything is coming up roses and then tried to hide the fact that he even met with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:48 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I understand your concerns , maybe i'm just not getting the whole story. i can't seem to find it.