It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did Malvo Kill People to Kill the Senate War Debate?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:38 pm 

I am curious why none of the media covers the most important aspect of the Malvo shootings. If you look at Newspapers on the dates when the shootings are underway you discover something quite interesting. The shootings begin the very day the debate on the war starts and completely and totally dominate the news until they catch them shortly after the declaration of war???

If you ask most people "do you remember the debate about starting the second Iraq war", they will all answer "yes of course". But if you followup with the question "name one point in the debate, a speech by a Senator or where their senator stood", nada.

Almost no one noticed any aspect of the most important senate debate in the last 50 years?

An interesting and odd fact... No one has done a story on what the real impact of the shootings were. It was to virtually eliminate the senate war debate from the media.

The special forces background of the senior member of the pair also seems to get short shrift.

Smells a little fishy to me. At a minimum its a very significant part of the story, i.e. that a common murderer had such an impact on our political process at such a critical time. Why is nobody covering this obvious fact?

Dan Pride

http://www.kingsolomonsgate.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

So I have been reading your stories and am enjoying them. In your one about your doctor friend, you hit upon the reason the media is so important in what we think and believe, despite other facts to the story. How people treated you as a pariah of knowledge, because you didn't relate things the way they wanted to hear them or the way they were told, is an example of how we are manipulated by the media to stick with their interpretation of events and continue with our daily lives. They tell us what is important to believe and stress whatever they are instructed as a priority to us. Meanwhile there is shopping as usual to attend to, and some way to acquire the funding for our constant shopping trips. So your BA attempts were sidetracked by the truth of the issues while others were busy becoming MD's. Such is the order of priorities, as we pursue what is important in our personal lives while the larger political scene is barely watched, absorbed or challenged.

Since the Malvo shootings were random and in America, it would be more important than the slaughter of millions in some remote country most Americans have barely heard of. Iraq seems to be one of those similarities. A recent poll of students, found that a majority of them couldn't identify where Iraq was on a map, so although there's a war going on there, it is so remote, it seems to just affect the participants- soldiers and Iraqis and their families lives, more than a majority of most Americans daily thoughts.

The dumb Journalist was an example of what is news and what passes for news nowadays.
Quote:
It was his crack that I was stupid and being duped by propaganda that had really put me over the top. His dismissive attitude at the lowly peace corps volunteer, come I.C.E.M refugee evacuation officer, who wasn't really worth his time made my blood boil. He actually had scoffed at me when I offered to take him into the camps.
This is the same argument most patriotic apologists of the ruling plutocracy here in America use to excuse the actions of their government and its activities. As if this sort of thing couldn't be done by them, or that their leaders and country would never do these things. Lying and killing, robbing and cheating, plotting and stealing? Not America! This is the cognitive disconnect that the government, corporations and MSM know and use to disseminate the information they want paid attention to, while the real truth goes unnoticed, unsaid and covertly secret operations are covered with monopolizing News items from such trusted names as CNN and FOX. We call them Contains No News and FAUX. Tell the people it's fair and balanced, most trusted, and they swallow it up.

Malvo and Muhammad were a distraction that was essential, just like any event to be hidden that could raise bad PR. There is always something the MSM can distract us with and when it is run by a select few friends of the "Talking Heads", it is a device of complacency and obfuscation whenever required. It filled the need to distract people by being overly broadcast and managed to deflect from the real events and decisions being made for others political benefits and future events, such as the Patriot Act. It's an old trick that is used very well, over and over again.

I will continue to read your stories. Thanks Dan.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.