It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Nukes--Makes You Sleep Better----I Promise
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:12 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/07/scien ... mb.html?th

Just when I was thinking the ICBM's are fat dumb and happy in their silo's along comes the NY Times and screws it all up.

Bests,
John

You may choose to ignore the facts, but you cannot change the facts --Author Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:42 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Now, you know we can't leave our ICBM's fat 'n happy. The accountants would have to call that a sunk cost. So let's skinny them down and hype 'em up! After all, it takes an entire industrial system to keep the nuke program going. We got to feed that beast something...

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess freedom and yet deprecate agitation, want crops without plowing and rain without thunder. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will. - Frederick Douglass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:30 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Hello Ben,

I was jammin last night with eric clapton and delbert mcclinton on my trusty Fender accoustical.

AND, i agree wholeheartedly with yer post. We must feed that industry!
How else can we survive? (HA!)

I guess when mankind figured out that pointy things have better penetration power and all the science developed to keep that idea alive, we will soon have the technology to get us off this planet. Is there any other good reason for war than developing such technology? I can't think of a single one.

Rocks to spears to arrows to gunpowder to round bullets to pointed bullets to machine guns to rockets to space to nukes to whar the hell are we going?

Have a good day, Ben!

Bests,
John

You may choose to ignore the facts, but you cannot change the facts --Author Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:59 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

John,

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I've been scoping out many topics here.

Pointy things that are phallic, that you can shoot, and them go BOOM in a BIG WAY are even more fun. It seems the "defense" (offence) contractors don't mind providing an incentive for others to join the death heads club. After all, they really didn't like the sound of a "peace divided." So now we have massive "defence obligations," another term for monstrous deficits, while North Korea, Iran, et.al., seek to arm themselves...

After all, it's only "market dynamics"...

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess freedom and yet deprecate agitation, want crops without plowing and rain without thunder. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will. - Frederick Douglass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:55 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Ben,

We be in the offensive posture. Rummy and the boyz are really running the department of war. The "defense" thingy came about after WWII to get everyones mind off of WAR which we had to keep perpetrating via the COLD WAR while assimilating the Department of Defense. Cool, eh? Had to spend more on "defense" than we did on WWII to keep the economy from collapsing. In so doing, we broke the USSR who were trying to keep up with "Star Wars" which was mostly a myth and totally un-do able anyway.

Harry Truman saw what happened to the National Security Act of 1947 almost immediately. By 1956 he was in shock. Ike warned in 1960 about the military industrial complex. He knew it up close and personal. Ike had ordered NO U2 FLIGHTS on May Day, 1960. Bissel of CIA was the only man who could have given the order to fly......

We have military in over 110 different countries around the world. That is not a defensive posture.

We have forward bases for air power around the world. Newest is Diego Garcia which we had to use when Saudi Arabia said, "get out". Too many blood relatives of the Saudi Royal Family were/are in harms way.

Now Negroponte (alternative spelling here is a riot) is running the 34+ billion dollar spy world, which is not defensive in posture....Especially with 3000 CIA agents in the Baghdad Embassy. He was 4th choice. Thats comforting to know, as Sam Nunn, Bill Gates and some other guy were way in front of the hero of Honduras Death Squads.

Please see my post on "treason in wartime" on this forum and while you're at it, place 'treason in wartime' in your search engine and see what comes up.

The danger we face IS among us, not al Qaida or anything else. How many spies did other countries around the world have in the upper reaches of the US Government during the cold war that "WE KNEW OF"? They filled the CIA, FBI, ONI, NSA, ASA, and the nuclear labs across this country. I don't see anyone getting excited yet except for Wen Ho Lee. And that was bogus. Some got a little spooked when Ames of CIA was busted. But he was busted by the Soviets. And Hannson, well he fits into the wanna be traitor from day one. But how many others actually penetrated the NSC? Take a peek at my post and let me know what you think. Perhaps that's the reason no one wants to open Pandora's Box!
John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:41 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Howdy John,

Yes, I am as concerned as you. We are in the "Grand Chess Game" as espoused by Zbig... I've just picked up "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins. I highly recommend it, not for the letter, but for the Spirit....

Please see my post under Current Events, "Who Lost Russia..."

My best to you too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:29 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/21/inter ... ge.html?th

This article in the NYTIMES shows that Phase ONE of Guerrilla Warfare in Iraq is progressing better than anticipated by the folks in charge(?).

Targets for terrorism, Phase One, include lines of communication, fuel supplies, networks, telecommunications, roads and highways, rail, waterways, airports, and people who work to make the country viable.

There will be no letup in Phase One. The assets for these operations grow daily. The efforts to diminish their effectiveness continue to fail.

Assets? They have millions, we have 150,000 and less than half are "combat" forces. Who's gonna outlast whom? Finally, the administration swallows it's pride and says "wow, there are more of them than we thought". No crappola, Sherlock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:56 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

John,

I agree with you: The more hard assets we put out there, the more the resistance gains, asymetrically. "Rummy" has to know this; So it appears,
"privatize this?"

If "we" have to do this, it can not be lead by greed. If it is, as it apears to be, we are in trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Do Rummy and Monkey George ever remind you of Baghdad Bob?

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman