It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:18 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

liberals just amaze me.

clinton bombs iraq , this is good.
bush bombs iraq , this is bad. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:32 pm 

You don't understand is right! Couldn't have said it better.

You don't understand the difference because you don't look, don't think, just listen to your puppetmasters and parrot their thoughts.

When was the last time you had an independent thought, Bucky?

And, now even the little x won't stand in your box, hmmmmm, curious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

dori, buskshot is really marinesniperflowerstem's double first cousin. :P

Quote:
clinton bombs iraq , this is good.
bush bombs iraq , this is bad

Remember, dori, when marinesniperflowerstem had those very words as his signature before his stupidity finally caused Jesse to ban him?

:wink:

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:08 pm 

Ah yes!

How thoughtful to use his own signature again...

But the nicknames are amusing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
dori Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:32 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't understand is right! Couldn't have said it better.

You don't understand the difference because you don't look, don't think, just listen to your puppetmasters and parrot their thoughts.

When was the last time you had an independent thought, Bucky?

and where did is say i didn't understand?
but to answer you ......i do understand , clinton had the same beliefs as G.W.Bush the only difference is bush had the balls to stick to his guns.and what thoughts are you parroting dori instead of throwing a little rant and accusing me of not thinking and not looking , why don't you explain the difference? can you do that or you going to wait for someonelse to post an opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:47 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
dori, buskshot is really marinesniperflowerstem's double first cousin.

first you claim bush is a liar now you claim to know who my cousins are. :lol: wow where does it end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

buckshot wrote:
Quote:
dori, buskshot is really marinesniperflowerstem's double first cousin.

first you claim bush is a liar now you claim to know who my cousins are. :lol: wow where does it end.

Bush IS a liar... Those of us that pay attention know it... Those that don't still have their head up their keister...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:44 pm 

Buckshot, I recently asked you if you were ever in the armed forces and was never met with a response. I also questioned your opinions of 9/11 and again recieved no answer.

You cannot combat terror with terror. Do you believe the Iraqi people are free now? Do you believe they are better off? Do you think that by murdering thousands of people, we will be loved by them?

So now that we "got rid" of Saddam, what now? We "got rid' of the brutal dictator boogie man and saved the Iraqi people. So why are we still there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:13 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/cnnexec.htm

April 13, 2003
By TED BYFIELD -- Edmonton Sun

It's surely a good idea from time to time to look at recent events and ask yourself, "What if?" For instance, what if the Americans had listened to the left, heeded all the protesters, all the enlightened university professors and all the people who told them how awful it would be if they were to actually go to war with Iraq?

In other words what if they had a Jean Chretien for president instead of a George W. Bush? Where would we all be now?

We would be taking "further diplomatic initiatives," of course. Saddam Hussein would be paying lip service to them while building his arsenal of chemical weapons preparatory for an attack on Israel and gradually assuming the leadership of the militant worldwide Islamic terrorist movement.

And every time the Americans failed to move against him, as they had ever since the Gulf War, he would have gained that much more technological strength, that much more credibility with whole Muslim world, so that in the end the West would have had to fight him anyway and probably a great many other countries besides.

But none of this has happened and for one elementary reason. The Americans did not listen to the left. They knew the left didn't have the faintest clue what was going on. President Bush - the "moron," remember? - turned out to be absolutely right and they turned out to be absolutely wrong. The real "moron" apparently lives in Ottawa, not Washington.

They were wrong about the tens of thousand of civilian casualties they predicted. They were wrong about the street-by-street, house-by-house battle that would demolish the city of Baghdad and send thousands of Americans home in body bags. They were wrong about Syria and Iran coming to the aid of Iraq. They were wrong, so it appears, about everything.

And where now, you have to wonder, are all those "informed people" who prophesied all these dire things? Last month, you couldn't turn on the CBC without hearing them talk. Now they don't seem to be saying anything. Surely they must have some explanation for what has occurred.

And does this not, in the interests of honest journalism, impose upon the CBC the clear obligation to go back to the scores of people it interviewed before, the people who turned out to be so ill-informed and to whom the CBC lent such unreserved and undeserved credibility, and interview them all again?

Ought it not ask them how do they account for this? Where did they go wrong? What did they not foresee and why did they not foresee it? Has the outcome to date changed their opinion of Dubya at all, and if not why not? Would these not be very good questions? Is not some kind of an explanation due?

At the same time the CBC management might ask their editors how they were so thoroughly duped by these people. The loss of their credibility is also the loss of the CBC's credibility.

But the same thing has been going on for years, of course. Remember all the old issues? The left said not to station cruise missiles in Germany and not to get into Star Wars because there could be no end to this military buildup. The CBC gave full vent at every opportunity to all these views. But the Americans ignored them, persisted in their "militarism" and the entire Soviet system came crashing down. But what if we had heeded the left? Obviously, we'd still be in the midst of the Cold War, or worse.

Could not this misperception of political reality and consequent misdirection of public opinion perhaps account for the audience loss the CBC has been steadily experiencing for decades?

I remember when you could actually believe what it said, when being Canadian meant being something more than merely anti-American. But those days are long gone.

Even so, surely there should be some accountability here. Why can't someone, somewhere in the CBC, get all of these Ottawa and Toronto editorial geniuses together in one room, go over their coverage of the war and the run-up to it, and then ask: "Listen, you guys. Why did you make us look so stupid?"

Maybe they could record their answers.

I guarantee it would make a great television show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:16 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

By Philip Smucker in Baghdad and Adrian Blomfield in Nairobi
(Filed: 17/04/2003)

Saddam Hussein's regime was linked to an African Islamist terrorist group, according to intelligence papers seen by The Telegraph. The documents provide the first hard evidence of ties between Iraq and religious terrorism.

Secret dossiers detailing the group's discussions with the Iraqi Intelligence Service were found in the spies' Baghdad headquarters, among the detritus of shredding.

The papers show how Iraq's charge d'affaires in Nairobi, Fallah Hassan Al Rubdie, was in discussion with the Allied Democratic Forces, a Ugandan guerrilla group with ties to other anti-western Islamist organisations.

While the United States has long argued that Saddam's regime was aiding Islamist groups, it has struggled until now to provide compelling evidence.

In a letter to the head of the Iraqi spy agency, a senior ADF operative outlined his group's efforts to set up an "international mujahideen team".

Its mission, he said, "will be to smuggle arms on a global scale to holy warriors fighting against US, British and Israeli influences in Africa, the Middle East, Asia and the Far East".

The letter, dated April 2001, was signed: "Your Brother, Bekkah Abdul Nassir, Chief of Diplomacy ADF Forces".

Nassir offered to "vet, recruit and send youth to train for the jihad" at a centre in Baghdad, which he described as a "headquarters for international holy warrior network". It was not clear whether the centre was established.

"We should not allow the enemy to focus on Afghanistan and Iraq, but we should attack their international criminal forces inside every base," the letters said.

The ADF emerged in 1996, when it launched a rebellion against President Yoweri Museveni's government. In December 2001 the movement was placed on the US list of terrorist organisations.

Throughout its campaign the ADF has been provided with weapons and funding by the Islamist government in Sudan, one of more than half a dozen states Washington accuses of sponsoring terrorism.

The key figure behind the ADF is widely acknowledged to be a fundamentalist Islamic cleric, Sheikh Jamil Makulu.

According to the Ugandan government and western intelligence sources, Sheikh Makulu became friendly with Osama bin Laden in the early to mid-Nineties, when the al-Qa'eda chief was living in Khartoum.

The IIS's headquarters were only loosely guarded by US special forces yesterday. The Telegraph entered the building through one of the many holes left by devastating bombing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:17 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

By Andrew Clennell
18 April 2003

More than two thousand unmarked graves have been found at a site outside Kirkuk, Kurdish officials and Kurdish television claimed yesterday.

The officials told the BBC the area, just outside the northern Iraqi oil city, was where Saddam Hussein's forces had killed Iraqi Kurds in the late 1980s. The site was reported to be close to an old Iraqi military base.

Last night, the claims had not been independently verified and there had been no excavation of the site.

Kurdish satellite television reported it had found a cemetery filled with about 3,000 unmarked shallow graves. It reported that it had been led there by a Kurdish resident.

The television station, run by the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), claimed the graves were filled with people with civilian clothes on. The cemetery was at the southern edge of a road to a large Iraqi military position.

The PUK has requested that no one tampers with mass graves because of the risk of disturbing evidence.

Also yesterday, an unnamed former Iraqi colonel was reported as telling the London Evening Standard that Saddam Hussein ordered thousands of Iraqis – including Kurds and Shia Muslims – to be executed and buried in mass graves in the desert in the 1980s and 1990s.

Victims were told they were being "relocated" before being packed into overcrowded buses and taken to sites in the desert west of Baghdad, the newspaper quoted the colonel as saying.

"I saw thousands killed and buried in mass graves," he said. "Some were lined up and machine gunned before being covered with sand. Others were buried alive."

He said some of the alleged killings – in the desert near Tharthar, north-west of Baghdad, and the Al Anbar desert to the west of the capital – were ordered after Shia uprisings in the south at the time of the 1991 Gulf War.

The colonel said many officers hated what Saddam ordered them to do in the security force – known as al-Amn al-Amm – which policed political activity in Iraq from 1982 until 1999.

"We took thousands from Shia areas in Karbala, Najaf, Basra, Mosul, Kut, Babylon and from Saddam City in Baghdad and they were bussed into the desert. Then they were shot and buried," he said.

He described the killings that happened at one base in Muhaywir in the north of the Al Anbar desert.

"I saw a line of men maybe three kilometres long. One officer would ask each man his name and before he could reply another would shoot him in the back of the head," he said.

A spokesman for the office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights in Geneva said many reports of such incidents had been collected since before the last Gulf War. The spokesman said the colonel's report had not yet been passed to the UN but officials would try to cross-reference the claims with their records of past disappearances if they received the details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:21 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

http://www.papillonsartpalace.com/aftder.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:07 pm 

Quote:
They were wrong about the tens of thousand of civilian casualties they predicted. They were wrong about the street-by-street, house-by-house battle that would demolish the city of Baghdad and send thousands of Americans home in body bags. They were wrong about Syria and Iran coming to the aid of Iraq. They were wrong, so it appears, about everything.

Really?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 3:03 pm 

Hey Buckshot, Why wont you answer any of my questions regarding September 11 2001?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:16 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

ECSMOKELOC wrote:
Hey Buckshot, Why wont you answer any of my questions regarding September 11 2001?

well ecs to tell you the truth , my personal experiences can tell hundreds of stories, but what will that accomplish . considering that a large percent of people hate war soldiers. if i were to tell you a story about a 10 year old boy being shot by a u.s. marine. thats all people see the rest of the story just gets burried in the rubble. even if i were to tell you that a 10 year old boy was aiming an rpg at u.s. marines and the marines shot and killed him the story would still be that u.s. marines shot and killed a 10 year boy. so why should i subject myself to irresponsible arguing?whats the point. i have my beliefs and i support bush . as far as my feelings on 911 , well we all know terrorist flew plains into the wtc's , and their are stockpiles of proof that saddam provided money ,weapons and training for this same group of terrorist. if the shoe fits wear it. it's really hard for me to believe anything else. you can dig into every conspiracy theory about 911 but none and i say again NONE have a shread of proof.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next