It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Plagerism???
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:40 am 

WOW ........ is this laying it on the line or what?

The lady who wrote this letter is Pam Foster of Pamela Foster and Associates in Atlanta .

She's been in business since 1980 doing Interior design and home planning. She recently

wrote a letter to a family member serving in Iraq ...... Read it!

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September11, 2001 ?

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day,

in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac From our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania ?
Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?
And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked
American soldier kicked it or got it wet? Well, I don't. I don't care at all.
I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all

those innocent people on 9/11.
I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible,

the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia .

I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's

head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men

instead of disrespecting their own religion by Hiding in mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care

about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties

are somehow derived from international law Instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave Marine roughing up an

Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated

in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured that I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move

because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank that I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed

"special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book

is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts that I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran."

Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and ---- you Guessed it - - I don't care ! ! ! ! !

EDITED: UNLINKED QUOTES. See the guidelines, carey, about linking your sources. Also, if you want to post copied and pasted emails here, please edit them so they don't take up so much space.

I guess I just plagerised Ronny the best President we ever had.

Yes, you did...and his quotes you posted have been edited out due to your show of disrespect for our guidelines and, in the process, disrespect for Ronald Reagon himself.

Catherine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:46 pm 

Carey, you are being moronic. Plagerism is when you quote entire articles (as you did in the post I edited) without attributing it to a source. Plagerism is also when you swipe any idea from someone else and play it off as if it is your own.

When you attribute properly, it is not plagerism, even if the crap you attribute is just that CRAP.

The problem with people like you and people who would write this little bullshit peice as above, is that you don't care about anything beyond your minimal sphere of influence. I would be embarrassed to forward that email, and its sad that you don't realize how pathetic everything HE said is.

Yes, you will notice I said HE. You see, these things are quite easily checked and if you bothered you would find out that it WASN'T written by Pam Foster...instead:

Quote:
The Truth:
This was not written by Pam Foster of Atlanta. She was apparently a person who merely quoted a portion of the original commentary and it got circulated as though she had written it.

TruthOrFiction contacted the person who wrote the original article, columnist Doug Patton. His daily column of social and political commentary is seen in several newspapers and on several web sites. The comments in the Pam Foster email were from a column he wrote for publication on June 6, 2005, the original of which is below.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/d/doug-patton.htm

Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:52 pm 

lefty wrote:
Carey, you are being moronic. Plagerism is when you quote entire articles (as you did in the post I edited) without attributing it to a source. Plagerism is also when you swipe any idea from someone else and play it off as if it is your own.

When you attribute properly, it is not plagerism, even if the crap you attribute is just that CRAP.

The problem with people like you and people who would write this little bullshit peice as above, is that you don't care about anything beyond your minimal sphere of influence. I would be embarrassed to forward that email, and its sad that you don't realize how pathetic everything HE said is.

Yes, you will notice I said HE. You see, these things are quite easily checked and if you bothered you would find out that it WASN'T written by Pam Foster...instead:

Quote:
The Truth:
This was not written by Pam Foster of Atlanta. She was apparently a person who merely quoted a portion of the original commentary and it got circulated as though she had written it.

TruthOrFiction contacted the person who wrote the original article, columnist Doug Patton. His daily column of social and political commentary is seen in several newspapers and on several web sites. The comments in the Pam Foster email were from a column he wrote for publication on June 6, 2005, the original of which is below.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/d/doug-patton.htm

That is sooo funny.

Again you are worried about who wrote it rather than what is written.

Mind boggling....LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, we care about TRUTH, carey. AND your claim that Pamela Foster wrote this piece is a LIE. Not only did lefty give you proof that it was a LIE, you chose to LAUGH at the TRUTH, which proves you have no personal integrity....one more time.

Here's further proof that you posted a LIE: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/foster.asp

Here's further proof that you approve of and practice Literary Theft known as PLAGIARISM:
Quote:
you are worried about who wrote it rather than what is written.

At least you deposited your droppings in the right forum for once: RIGHTWING PROPAGANDA. :lol:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: ????
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:32 pm 

Catherine wrote:
No, we care about TRUTH, carey. AND your claim that Pamela Foster wrote this piece is a LIE. Not only did lefty give you proof that it was a LIE, you chose to LAUGH at the TRUTH, which proves you have no personal integrity....one more time.

Here's further proof that you posted a LIE: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/foster.asp

Here's further proof that you approve of and practice Literary Theft known as PLAGIARISM:
Quote:
you are worried about who wrote it rather than what is written.

At least you deposited your droppings in the right forum for once: RIGHTWING PROPAGANDA. :lol:

Who cares who wrote it??

The point is what it says.

I could have deleted the Pamela fostere part and then you would have said I plagerised even though I agree 100% with the content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Like you carey, everything it says is a lie based in revenge and racist bigotry- your favorite place to habituate. We know what a liar you are because you're typing and copy/pasting again from your bullshit "Sources".

This is another potential candidate for the Funny Farm. It is about as funny and full of shit as everything carey has posted here at TVNL.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Actually, DO.g's...in carey, who could be a woman as 'carey' is also a woman's name, we have our own ANN COULTER wannabe...complete with the Adam's apple...or perhaps.... even.... a vagina! :twisted:

If this thread is moved to the Funny Farm, we'll be sure it goes into the Trolls' Free Speech Zone!

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: hmmm
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:42 pm 

Catherine wrote:
Actually, DO.g's...in carey, who could be a woman as 'carey' is also a woman's name, we have our own ANN COULTER wannabe...complete with the Adam's apple...or perhaps.... even.... a vagina! :twisted:

If this thread is moved to the Funny Farm, we'll be sure it goes into the Trolls' Free Speech Zone!

Actually the name carey is a derivative of harles meaning man.

The name Carey means Pure.

The perversion of changing the letters and giving the anme to a female is
funny. So I am thinking the funny farm is where this thread is headed....LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

She's right! I looked it up, carey- means Pure B U L L S H I T!

Some people actually wear their names.

the choice chooses them

Post subject: smil;e
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:24 pm 

DO.g's wrote:

lokk up my middle name its Alan LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, ALAN can be rearranged to LANA. If you weren't such a winger, you'd be a lot of fun.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:41 pm 

Catherine wrote:
Well, ALAN can be rearranged to LANA. If you weren't such a winger, you'd be a lot of fun.

I will give you some fun to see if you can guess my name.

The meaning of 1st middle and last is

Pure Handsom Gift from God....hahahahahaha

Mom and dad were sooo cool in naming ,huh??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:00 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yeah and you're just as fucked as they are. Most names mean that sort of thing. Take John- god's gracious gift to man- that applies to Sean Johann, Giovanni Ian etc. So what. Your name just signifies what a careless human being you are that you would believe and wear it and not learn to live your name.

Wear it well! Thy name is Ignorance!

the choice chooses them

Post subject: Re: smil;e
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:29 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

carey wrote:
DO.g's wrote:

lokk up my middle name its Alan LOL

You plagerised my middle name :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:48 pm 

Be warned, MAC, carey doesn't talk much sense. I've tried and tried to give him/her the benefit fo the doubt, but mostly, its just all nonsense that is posted.

And as far as the plagerism, he did plagerize an entire post, making it look like it was actually his own words. All it took was for me to copy one sentence into google to find that it wasn't his, so I edited out the plagerized work. I may be a little anal about plagerism, but it is certainly a pet-peeve of mine, I suppose it has to do with 6 years of work in English (bachelor's and master's), but it sincerely pisses me off when someone pretends to write something they clearly didn't write.