All I keep hearing on TV about this scandal is that it is all "very complicated". It seems that every time the Republicans get their sorry asses into another deep pile of crap, the news media just tells us how complicated it is until everyone gives up and switches back to American Idol.
What the hell is so complicated? Seems simple to me:
1) Bush replaces all 93 Clinton era US Attorneys when he comes into office in 2001 with supposedly "loyal Bushie" Republicans
2) The Republicans in power in Washington turn out to be the most corrupt bunch of criminals in US history
3) With power over all three branches of government, the corrupt Republicans set up a scam to funnel untold millions of taxpayer dollars through phony front "defense contractors" into their own pockets, and into the war chest of the RNC
4) Republicans in Washington arrogantly, and illegally begin to pressure US Attorneys around the country to relentlessly attack Democrats on state and local levels, and to keep their noses out of the massive corruption of Washington Republicans
5) Finally, a handful of these prosecutors, who Karl Rove thought were all good loyal Bushies when he picked them, had enough, and began to do their jobs by going after the the real criminals
6) Just as they are beginning to have some success in prosecuting the tip of this iceberg of GOP corruption, they all get fired
Simple, isn't it?