It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NBC's David Gregory Omits Important Information
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gregory again omitted White House preconditions for Congress to interview aides in U.S. attorney probe

On the March 22 edition of NBC's Today, NBC News chief White House correspondent David Gregory again omitted White House preconditions for allowing White House senior adviser Karl Rove, former White House counsel Harriet Miers, and other current and former staff to be interviewed by congressional committees investigating the firing of eight U.S. attorneys.

Gregory reported that President Bush has said that "White House officials will not testify under oath, and if Democrats issue subpoenas, the offer to make adviser Karl Rove and others available for interviews will be withdrawn."

Gregory then uncritically aired a clip of White House press secretary Tony Snow saying that the "options that are laid out" are either intended "to get at the truth" or "create a political spectacle." But in addition to insisting that Rove and Miers not testify under oath, White House counsel Fred Fielding laid out further demands in a March 20 letter: that interviews be conducted behind closed doors, that they not be televised or transcribed, that there would be no "subsequent testimony," that no subpoenas be issued following the interviews, and that questions may not concern internal White House communications.

Read the links with this story and watch the video. NBC's Gregory seems to be cherry-picking certain aspects of several stories that support the Bushies.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:39 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

All I keep hearing on TV about this scandal is that it is all "very complicated". It seems that every time the Republicans get their sorry asses into another deep pile of crap, the news media just tells us how complicated it is until everyone gives up and switches back to American Idol.

What the hell is so complicated? Seems simple to me:

1) Bush replaces all 93 Clinton era US Attorneys when he comes into office in 2001 with supposedly "loyal Bushie" Republicans

2) The Republicans in power in Washington turn out to be the most corrupt bunch of criminals in US history

3) With power over all three branches of government, the corrupt Republicans set up a scam to funnel untold millions of taxpayer dollars through phony front "defense contractors" into their own pockets, and into the war chest of the RNC

4) Republicans in Washington arrogantly, and illegally begin to pressure US Attorneys around the country to relentlessly attack Democrats on state and local levels, and to keep their noses out of the massive corruption of Washington Republicans

5) Finally, a handful of these prosecutors, who Karl Rove thought were all good loyal Bushies when he picked them, had enough, and began to do their jobs by going after the the real criminals

6) Just as they are beginning to have some success in prosecuting the tip of this iceberg of GOP corruption, they all get fired

Simple, isn't it?

Last edited by shoeless on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very simple, and smack on the nose. No reason at all why the reporters can't read a list such as what you've put together, shoe......but I'm not so sure Bush came into power in 1993...as you wrote in #1. I KNOW it seems like he's been the prez for that long, but even he doesn't go back that far! :P :thumbright:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Very simple, and smack on the nose. No reason at all why the reporters can't read a list such as what you've put together, shoe......but I'm not so sure Bush came into power in 1993...as you wrote in #1. I KNOW it seems like he's been the prez for that long, but even he doesn't go back that far! :P :thumbright:

Oops!
Looks like I was trying to complicate the issue, doesn't it?.
Thanks for pointing out that error. Corrected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:27 am 

shoeless wrote:
All I keep hearing on TV about this scandal is that it is all "very complicated". It seems that every time the Republicans get their sorry asses into another deep pile of crap, the news media just tells us how complicated it is until everyone gives up and switches back to American Idol.

What the hell is so complicated? Seems simple to me:

1) Bush replaces all 93 Clinton era US Attorneys when he comes into office in 2001 with supposedly "loyal Bushie" Republicans

2) The Republicans in power in Washington turn out to be the most corrupt bunch of criminals in US history

3) With power over all three branches of government, the corrupt Republicans set up a scam to funnel untold millions of taxpayer dollars through phony front "defense contractors" into their own pockets, and into the war chest of the RNC

4) Republicans in Washington arrogantly, and illegally begin to pressure US Attorneys around the country to relentlessly attack Democrats on state and local levels, and to keep their noses out of the massive corruption of Washington Republicans

5) Finally, a handful of these prosecutors, who Karl Rove thought were all good loyal Bushies when he picked them, had enough, and began to do their jobs by going after the the real criminals

6) Just as they are beginning to have some success in prosecuting the tip of this iceberg of GOP corruption, they all get fired

Simple, isn't it?

This is the best explanation I have seen. Simple, understandable. At least to thinking people...

I am sending this out as an email, hoping people will be able to comprehend just what is going on.

And I love the 'Justice' cartoon. Wish I could send that out too. Damn OS X.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid