It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fox takes shot at Raw Story
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fox takes shot at Raw Story: 'not many people read,' but says article will cause 'serious discussions'

Michael Roston's analysis yesterday of the office of the vice president (Does America need a vice president?) caught the attention of Fox News' John Gibson, host of the afternoon talk show The Big Story.

In his "My Word" segment, Gibson said that "far lefties" are contemplating "extremely radical solutions to the 'Bush problem,'" and specifically cited Roston's article.

"Today, Raw Story — a leftist blog on the Internet that traffics in hating both Bush and Cheney — floated the idea of abolishing the office of vice president," he said. "I realize this is a blog that not all that many people read, but this is how ideas get started on the left, and I expect we will see it pop up elsewhere soon."

Gibson said that the Roston's thesis was "even shot down by the constitutional expert he interviewed."

It should be noted, however, that Raw Story's piece was an analysis of an idea advanced by "some critics of the Bush administration" and the article described the notion as a "radical" one.

Despite Raw Story being read by "not all that many people," Gibson nevertheless thinks the idea to abolish the vice presidency will gain traction on the left as a result of the article.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

When you read the article in question you find another example of how the right cherry picks its information to a lazy and uninformed audience that depends on others to do the research.

The report- http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Does_Amer ... _0626.html - is an extremely well written commentary on the history of the vice president and whether his job is all that important. Nowhere is it a call to end the vice presidency, but a well researched short document analyzing the facts behind the position- including some rather cutting accounts by former vice presidents.

This is another example of how dumbed down a typical fox viewer really must be to believe this kind of deceptive, poorly researched and cherry picked news item.

Fox would be ashamed and denounced by its patrons if the people who watch fox only had a brain.

Ps- Gibson once commented that Raw Story was one of his favorites-
Quote:
Last September, Gibson had kinder things to say about RAW STORY. In a column posted at the Fox News website, he singled out the site as one of his favorites.

Seems Gibson can't remember which end his head is attached to as it moves from top to "bottom" at freefall speed!!!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You know, his hair is indicative of how his mind works. :P Anyone having John Gibson's choice of hair styles with half a brain would look in the mirror and realize that his appearance is a bit...strange.

Just for fun, let's imagine that Gibson is a posting member of TVNL. :twisted: I'd choose to describe him as TROGLODYTE

Quote:
Devoid of a single progressive idea and lacking the slightest awareness of social and cultural advances, Troglodyte has developed an incoherent political philosophy that he characterizes as "conservative" or "libertarian", but which could be more accurately described as "bigoted narcissism".

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Fox takes shot at Raw Story
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:58 pm 

Catherine wrote:
Fox takes shot at Raw Story: 'not many people read,' but says article will cause 'serious discussions'

Michael Roston's analysis yesterday of the office of the vice president (Does America need a vice president?) caught the attention of Fox News' John Gibson, host of the afternoon talk show The Big Story.

In his "My Word" segment, Gibson said that "far lefties" are contemplating "extremely radical solutions to the 'Bush problem,'" and specifically cited Roston's article.

"Today, Raw Story — a leftist blog on the Internet that traffics in hating both Bush and Cheney — floated the idea of abolishing the office of vice president," he said. "I realize this is a blog that not all that many people read, but this is how ideas get started on the left, and I expect we will see it pop up elsewhere soon."

Gibson said that the Roston's thesis was "even shot down by the constitutional expert he interviewed."

It should be noted, however, that Raw Story's piece was an analysis of an idea advanced by "some critics of the Bush administration" and the article described the notion as a "radical" one.

Despite Raw Story being read by "not all that many people," Gibson nevertheless thinks the idea to abolish the vice presidency will gain traction on the left as a result of the article.

Gibson has his hand up his ass. He sent his head up there to look for it, but when it did the noggin decided to stay and keep the hand company. So now Gibson's hand and his head are up his ass, eating pork rinds and watching Beavis and Butthead.

Post subject: BIG HAIR'S BIG STORY STRIKES AGAIN!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gibson continues to spread propaganda bigger than his hair. It's amazing how Gibson wants the Fairness Doctrine to apply only to him and those of his ilk, but they'd never support its being reinstated!

FOX's John Gibson wants 'equal time' to rail against Global Warming

David Edwards and Josh Catone
Thursday July 5, 2007

Fox News Host John Gibson today slammed NBC for its scheduled airing of the 'Live Earth' concerts this weekend that intend to raise awareness about global warming.

Gibson argued that because former Vice President Al Gore, who is behind the concerts, is a prominent political figure who some believe might run for president in 2008, NBC was actually giving Gore what amounted to an in kind political donation if he decides to run.

He asked why Democrats aren't objecting to NBC's "gift of unequal time for just one side of a controversial issue." :lol:

Gibson's guest, Clay Waters of the Media Research Center, agreed with him. "You cannot get away from the politics here," said Waters. "I wish NBC had thought about this. NBC seems proud to be pushing [the concerts], and like you said, if Gore does run, I mean this could be the largest in kind contribution in American political history."

In an editorial on the Fox News web site on Tuesday, Gibson argued that the Live Earth concerts were a calculated move by Gore to gain political capital.

"Does anybody think the Live Earth concerts are not a political statement by Gore's supporters that will end up benefiting Al Gore?" he asked. "Does anybody think Al Gore isn't running for president? I know he's said he's not, and every time I get a Democrat analyst sitting next to me, he or she says he's not. But it sure looks like he's running to me."

:jerk:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman