It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Michael Moore and CNN's BIASED Reporting on SICKO
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm so glad Michael Moore SLAMMED CNN and Wolf Blitzer on their reporting!

Michael Moore slams CNN, Wolf Blitzer on live TV

Before a live interview with documentary filmmaker Michael Moore, CNN aired a segment entitled "Sicko Reality Check" in which Dr. Sanjay Gupta, the network's chief medical correspondent, aimed to keep Moore "honest" and fact check his new film, Sicko.

The 4-minute piece concluded that Moore "did fudge the facts," and implied that Sicko was misleading in portraying health care systems in other countries, such as France, the UK, and Canada, as better than the one in the US.

When given a chance to speak, Moore immediately put host Wolf Blitzer on the defensive.

"That report was so biased, I can't imagine what pharmaceutical company's ads are coming up right after our break here," said Moore. "Why don't you tell the truth to the American people? I wish that CNN and the other mainstream media would just for once tell the truth about what's going on in this country."

Moore argued that CNN has such a lousy track record of reporting the truth about the war in Iraq and asking tough questions, that Americans should be skeptical of their reporting on health care.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:52 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

From the article-
Quote:
Turning to the war in Iraq, Moore accused Gupta, who spent time embedded with US troops in Iraq, and the mainstream media at large of refusing "to ask our leaders the hard questions, and demand the honest answers." Moore laid the blame for the continued US involvement in the war in Iraq at the feet of the media, arguing that they failed to do their jobs and question the Bush war policy.
Looks like MM and Jesse share some things in common- they both think the media is our greatest threat.

Loved his Gupta moments. Sure make him sound like the paid minion he is. Check out MM's site and his comments to Gupta's 'Reality Check'-
http://michaelmoore.com/ and see his scathing response to CNN, like-

http://www.michaelmoore.com/sicko/news/ ... _10017.php
Quote:
CNN: "But no matter how much Moore fudged the facts, and he did fudge some facts…"

This is libel. There is not a single fact that is "fudged" in the film. No one has proven a single fact in the film wrong. We expect CNN to correct their mistakes on the air and to apologize to their viewers.

Part 2 of the Blitzer interview- http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/07/1 ... -round-ii/ Continues the bitch slapping CNN got.

Quote:
Blitzer throws out some criticisms and Moore slaps them all down, even claiming that an Iranian news agency is reporting that Moore is going to be traveling to Iran to show his new film. Of course, Moore laughs it off and asks if Fox News was really behind that story. At the end of the interview Moore thanks Wolfie for telling him he liked the movie during the break.

All round general fun and mayhem. A must see movie for everyone!

http://www.michaelmoore.com/sicko/news/ ... p?id=10019
Quote:
Speaking of humor: “Sicko” is full of laughs. They're mostly the kind that burst from you when confronted by a lie so outrageous and obvious that the absurdity is overwhelming, but they're real laughs. They get little or no mention in most of the reviews and op-ed pieces I've seen.

Moore knew we'd laugh at the obvious self-serving absurdities of the super rich guys, and I guess that's one of the ways his biases show in the eyes of the corporate press commentators. Perhaps they think he should have paraphrased their idiocies to make them look less foolish, rather than letting them speak for themselves.

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:01 pm 

I can't say I blame Moore for going off on Wolf "He of the Manly Stubble" Blitzer. Watching part two of the interview, I was a bit surprised to hear him say that he can't imagine the Bush regime being so crass as to go after the 9/11 rescue workers. Knowing the Bush White House as I do, I'm not going to put anything past it.