It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Corporate Disobedience: A Shrill Hysteria in the Fascist Pre
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:57 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Corporate Disobedience: A Shrill Hysteria in the Fascist Press

It's not civil disobedience, but corporate disobedience -- upsetting the corporate control paradigm -- that just plain flips out the media oligarchs and their loyal proxies.

Youtube Video

Quote:
"It's not a debate. It's a debate between us. You're in the audience. Audience comes from the Latin, 'to listen'."
--Bill Maher, (confronted by WeAreChange LA regarding his 9/11 censorship)

The most powerful weapon the corporate state has is editorial control. The information clampdown is total, on certain topics. No "debate" is allowed, and opposition voices are not permitted to appear despite the validity of their case, or the amount and quality of evidence they can provide. Opposition is routinely written out of history, and it is demonized when it refuses to remain silent.

The Bill Maher case is enlightening, because he not only has taken a position on specific 9/11 issues (the official position), he has also viciously attacked skeptics as somehow mentally inferior, and in need of "Paxil." This as he hosts a debate show that adamantly refuses to debate these topics at all, even as 1/3rd of Americans disagree with Maher's overall view about the attacks [Scripps Poll, July 2006]. One hundred million Americans get no place and no representation at Maher's debate table (while they are slandered without recourse).

IT GETS WORSE

Maher's violent response, and the thunderous applause for his belligerence:

Quote:
"...or do I have to kick this guy's ass outta here? Would you get the fuck out of my building? Out! Out! Out!"

"I'll kick your ass outta here too!"

Maher's display of hostility, rushing into the audience shouting about "kicking" "ass", set the stage for the brutalization of the first man who spoke up. The protestor has told of his physical assault by members of Maher's staff. This does not seem surprising, and yet it seems to be a form of terrorism in and of itself, with the purpose of scaring away potential copycats-

Quote:
"Once outside the show, on an outdoor balcony, near the ledge, he was taken to the ground roughly. He was handcuffed. Someone put a knee in his back to hold him down. He said they twisted him like a pretzel. It is fortunate he did not have serious injuries." [Inside the Bill Maher "rendition"]

One of Maher's loyal goons then proceeded to taunt the protestor, while he was restrained on the ground-

Quote:
"This man talked to him on the ground. Told him that he would be in jail all weekend. Told him that some black guy was going to f---- him. Told him the cell will smell like piss."

What was this protestor's crime? Upsetting the corporate control paradigm. When the machine grinds to a halt, heads must roll. This was what Maher himself suggested-

Quote:
"How come I don't fire my audience department is really the question that is running through my mind right now."

CONTINUES
http://crimesofthestate.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

People should call him Bill O'Mahley now- he's become the O'Rielly-x-10 the corporate media has needed to put truthers in their place.

Once and for effen all

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wonder if his kool-aid was green. :roll:

Bill Maher hires 'Blackwater Security' to block interruptions

Of course, Maher did NOT hire Blackwater in the way the headline reads, and some of the comments at the link point that out.

Whatever, it sure ruffled some feathers of some RAWSTORY readers! :P

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman