It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A firesign chat
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:03 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Anyone remember the firesign theatre?
This is a funny. Who would do something like this!

EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS "RIGHT"
Although many of my generation remember Jimmy Stewart in "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington," few recall Senator Margaret Chase Smith of Maine who back in 1950 offered a "Declaration of Conscience" against her fellow Senator, Joe McCarthy. (Commie Martyr maker, Joe)

"I don't believe the American people will uphold any political party that puts political exploitation above national interest," she said. "While it might be a fleeting victory for the Republican Party, it would be a more lasting defeat for the American people. Surely it would ultimately be suicide for the Republican Party and the two-party system that has protected our American liberties from the dictatorship of a one-party system." (ha ha ha) Who would believe that. Funny.

As the Senate presently appears deadlocked on a proposal to unilaterally change the rules for confirming federal judges, these words resonate more than ever as do these of President Dwight David Eisenhower from his private papers, Vol. XV,1147 of November 8, 1954

"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." (ha ha ha)

Gee, what relevance do those words have now? It sounds like an Abbott and Costello routine (Bud Bush and Lou Cheney). At his organ again.

http://www.planetproctor.com/index2.html
http://www.firesigntheatre.com/

Check out "I think we're all bozo's on this bus" or "Don't crush that Dwarf, Hand me the pliers." Ah Clem. See how he responds to Power! Principle Poops assembly speech. "'Knowledge for the people' he said 'Give em a light and they'll follow it anywhere.'" Commie Martyrs High School or More Science High. Which, do you choose.