It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Movie being made about Mary Pinchot Meyer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:39 pm 

It is due to come our in about nine months.

For those of you not familiar with Mary Pinchot Meyer, she is perhaps the most interesting women I have ever read about in my entire life. And yes I am on my hyperbole meds!!!

Note in this thread her first marriage to CIA media guru COrd Meyer. I am convinced that Meyer may have been involved in the very first CIA adeventure in "left gatekeeping" with his involvement in the WOrld Federalist Society. Note that the East Coast establishment left liberal background is very similar to that of the current publisher of the Nation, whos father worked in the OSS.

Also noteworthy in this thread, is Mary Pinchot Meyer's relationship with Ben Bradlee of the washington Post, Phillip Graham, Katherine Graham, and James Jesus Angleton, of CIA counterintelligence, who I am becoming incresingly convinced had ties to the Eugenics/ Nazi right inside the US. More obvious are her connections to JFK possibly Timothy leary.

On the Education Forum you can find the author of the new book on Mary Pinchot Meyer that is going to come out in a couple of months.

The Angleton story is very contested, but Education Forum prints Jim DiEugenio's very harsh criticim of both the author of the new MPM book and John Simkin. Both threads can be found at Education Forum by clicking in the middle of the page.

Please note the excertps from many different publications at the bottom of the MPM Spartacus thread.

Oh, she also painted.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKmeyerM.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great information, Nathaniel...thanks for keeping us updated on good books and movies.

Take at look at this:

Nicholas von Hoffman on ‘The Conscience of a Liberal’

Paul Krugman’s “The Conscience of a Liberal” has arrived at the apposite moment. The latest figures on income disparity are out simultaneously with this book and they are grim. The Wall Street Journal reports: “The wealthiest 1% of Americans earned 21.2% of all income in 2005, according to new data from the Internal Revenue Service. ... The bottom 50% earned 12.8% of all income, down from 13.4% in 2004 and a bit less than their 13% share in 2000.”

It is such alarming facts which prompt Krugman to write that, in addition to low- and middle-income families falling behind, there is “… the damage extreme inequality does to our society and our democracy. Ever since America’s founding, our idea of ourselves has been that of a nation without sharp class distinctions—not a leveled society of perfect equality but one in which the gap between the economic elite and the typical citizen isn’t an unbridgeable chasm. That’s why Thomas Jefferson wrote, ‘The small landholders are the most precious part of a state.’ ”

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman