It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ron Paul's "Revolution Manifesto"
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:45 pm 

Ron Paul's "Revolution Manifesto" Storms Into Amazon Top Five
Unreleased book by presidential candidate in high demand.

Presidential candidate Ron Paul's as yet unreleased book The Revolution: A Manifesto has stormed into the Amazon top five today rising from number 629 in a matter of hours.

The book, published by Grand Central, is not due out until April 30th, yet is already selling in the thousands, giving a stark indication of how popular the Congressman's message has become.

The Manifesto is Ron Paul's first original book in over twenty years and contains all his now familiar policies on the economy, war, terrorism, civil liberties and the restoration of the Constitution.

The phenomenal rise of the book in the amazon bestsellers list has been assisted by a new grassroots effort at the website www.RonPaulBookBomb.com.

The site is aiming to help Dr. Paul's manifesto debut at number one on the New York Times bestseller list in addition to reaching #1 on Amazon and on BarnesandNoble.com, as well as reaching 1 million Americans with Dr. Paul’s message.

The publicity gained from such achievements will be invaluable to the Ron Paul campaign, whether that still be on the Republican ticket or as a independent come April 30th.

The site is taking pledges from readers committing to buy the book on its release date, a now familiar format from the previous money bomb donation day sites.

In the last couple of days the site has racked up over 3200 pledges, sending the Manifesto from unranked on Amazon.com to positions #629, #516, #345, #193, #102, all the way up to its current top five ranking.

Here is Ron Paul's Preface to the book:

Every election cycle we are treated to candidates who promise us "change," and 2008 has been no different. But in the American political lexicon, "change" always means more of the same: more government, more looting of Americans, more inflation, more police-state measures, more unnecessary war, and more centralization of power.

Real change would mean something like the opposite of those things. It might even involve following our Constitution. And that’s the one option Americans are never permitted to hear….

With national bankruptcy looming, politicians from both parties continue to make multi-trillion dollar promises of "free" goods from the government, and hardly a soul wonders if we can still afford to have troops in – this is not a misprint – 130 countries around the world. All of this is going to come to an end sooner or later, because financial reality is going to make itself felt in very uncomfortable ways. But instead of thinking about what this means for how we conduct our foreign and domestic affairs, our chattering classes seem incapable of speaking in anything but the emptiest platitudes, when they can be bothered to address serious issues at all. Fundamental questions like this, and countless others besides, are off the table in our mainstream media, which focuses our attention on trivialities and phony debates as we march toward oblivion.

This is the deadening consensus that crosses party lines, that dominates our major media, and that is strangling the liberty and prosperity that were once the birthright of Americans. Dissenters who tell their fellow citizens what is really going on are subject to smear campaigns that, like clockwork, are aimed at the political heretic. Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

There is an alternative to national bankruptcy, a bigger police state, trillion-dollar wars, and a government that draws ever more parasitically on the productive energies of the American people. It’s called freedom. But as we’ve learned through hard experience, we are not going to hear a word in its favor if our political and media establishments have anything to say about it.

If we want to live in a free society, we need to break free from these artificial limitations on free debate and start asking serious questions once again. I am happy that my campaign for the presidency has finally raised some of them. But this is a long-term project that will persist far into the future. These ideas cannot be allowed to die, buried beneath the mind-numbing chorus of empty slogans and inanities that constitute official political discourse in America.

That is why I wrote this book.

Click here to pre-order The Revolution: A Manifesto on Amazon
http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/buy/amazon/

Click here to pre-order The Revolution: A Manifesto on BarnesandNoble
http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/buy/bn/
:) :) :) :) :) :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:45 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hmmm. I wonder if Ron Paul is going to explain his opposition to civil rights law in his book. I doubt it.

I wonder if Ron Paul is going to explain his opposition to child labor law in his book. I doubt it.

I wonder if Ron Paul is going to explain his opposition to public schools in his book. I doubt it.

I wonder if Ron Paul is going to explain his opposition to Social Security in his book. I doubt it.

I wonder if Ron Paul is going to explain his opposition to Medicare in his book. I doubt it.

I wonder if Ron Paul is going to explain his opposition to anti-trust law in his book. I doubt it.

I wonder if Ron Paul is going to explain his plans to sell the National, state, county, local parks and public beaches in his book. I doubt it.

I wonder if Ron Paul is going to explain his plans to sell public waterways and public water rights in his book. I doubt it.

I wonder if Ron Paul is going to explain his plans to privatize fire departments in his book. I doubt it.

Ron Paul never mentions any of these things. He is a liar, because he is hiding his positions on all of these issues. If you are such a Ron Paul supporter, you must support all of these positions. Why don't you write Ron Paul and ask him to write a book about all of these popular positions. We'll see how well that book sells.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:45 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Obama pulled 18,000 spectators on Wednesday. Paul pulled 3000 today.

The Fed might elect Paul due to a catastrophic economy however.

Your 401 is now a 201.

I predict victory for the biggest warmonger. Whomever can muster saliva while banging on the war drums will garner support from the RFID crowd.

Are you ready to be chipped?

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:18 am 

gonerail—
With this post you have become nothing but a spammer for a racist bigot. Since you have not explained why you support such a regressive, it could only mean you are a racist bigot too. Go put on your white hood and shut the fuck up.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

How do the frequent obscenities elevate the status of discussion on the board.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Purple Tang wrote:
How do the frequent obscenities elevate the status of discussion on the board.

He is frustrated because you and gonerail refuse to answer to Ron Paul's obvious racism, or to even acknowledge any of the points I raised about Paul's Libertarian ideology and agenda.

Perhaps you could raise the status of the discussion by going beyond your empty cheerleading for Paul, and begin to address some of the many questions we have posed about his libertarianism.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yeah and whatever you do don't admit that people make mistakes. I know none of us have ever said anything that could be misconstrued as racist or bigoted. Let me be the first to throw a brick at my glass house. I had to relearn most of what I was taught and came out of my programming after many years of soul searching and peer/parental grooming, not to forget the inexperience of youth as well.

Most of us have been back and forth during our years and have heard stuff we carry internally, but no longer believe.

But I guess if it's public record then none of us could back away from that or grow above it. We're doomed to be the sum of our thoughts and cannot, no, will not rise above that. Most of us know what we're capable of doing so we use that as a measuring stick. So nothing new here, just more of the same dredging up the past and being afraid of change. What else do we have to rely on but our experiences especially when change is impossible?

I guess the message here is that deep down inside, none of us really change. We keep our own biases well under control, and learn to speak of it, but when action speaks louder than words we become paralyzed, with fear of acting improperly ourselves. As for accountability- when one is anonymous one can say they do whatever they want, whether it's true or not. This applies to all sides of a discussion, when so little is known about each individual. How old are you, what is your upbringing, how much of you is your parents mind or some other significant other who helped you grow???

Unfortunately there is stuff from RP's past that must be accounted for and it is up to you to convince us that he is a safe choice, especially when his answers create more questions.

Until these things are known, how can we know where people have progressed to? I would say it's up to us to be tolerant, but it is up to you to respond to questions asked as well. Both sides could afford to learn without the heat, anger and accusations.

What guarantees can you RP supporters give us that he won't just bunker down and institute slavery in America all over again. It is in the constitution and as a strict constitutionalist won't he return to that? Should we fear that kind of thing as well? If he does return the gold standard and when he gets rid of the fed, who will suffer and who will be the beneficiary? What will be the consequences of his actions in the future, or does he have us all looking to the past so much, we miss the future completely? How do you restrain him now that the president has virtual unlimited powers- to even implement his ideas as for national security? Have any of you RP supporters thought about the implementation of his ideas as realistically possible to implement in the first place?

How much of you is caught up in catch phrases and rhetoric and not in factualities? If you're so certain RP is the guy with the right stuff, then why not get those answers and more that have been posited. At least help us to put RP somewhere not standing next to Hitler as a fair and balanced choice! What would make him better than any other leader who has worked from the confines of the constitutional restraints to power?

Will he be just another who eventually gave in to the seductions of ultimate control for his masters as well? How can you be so certain? A feeling? :| :roll:

Are you afraid to answer because you honestly don't know? Better come up with some real answers besides just jumping on the band wagon. Enquiring minds want to know!

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.