It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amazon reviews for "The Whole Truth" by D Baldacci
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 8:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

His newest book talks about how a fictional defense contractor uses war and terrorism to increase his bottom line. Even hiring PR experts to help out.

Concurrent with the publishing, the Pentagon is exposed for using PR experts to gloss up Iraq. The industry is not happy with the coincidence.

Is this a coincidence:

Amazon ratings from April 22 - May 7th:
average rating = 4.4 (a very high average)
zero 1's
zero 2's
two 3's
six 4's
nine 5's

Amazon rating from May 8th - May 15th:
average rating = 2.8 (an abysmal average)
three 1's
three 2's
one 3
one 4
three 5's

Things that make you go hmmm.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:45 pm 

Speaking of Amazon, I cant get on it anymore. Since April 13th, they wont let me type anything. A message comes up that implies I have done something wrong, but they wont say what.

All I did was type a lot of reviews about books dealing with CIA. I wish they would tell me why I have been deemed a bad citizen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Truth often comes under the new tent of Buch|Cheney terrorism.

Hence the CYA?

Amazon may be protecting themselves from excessive scrutiny. Think about how often oppressive regimes ban and burn inciteful books. You can bet that when martial law visits Amerika, there will be heavy book censorship.

I've been banned from political boards for joking once, for mentioning Juu's and for mentioning the newest book on the Bilderbergers (who are meeting in D.C. in about 1.5 weeks or so).

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I LOVE DAVID BALDACCI! HE'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS, RIGHT UP THERE WITH LEE CHILD! I've been working my way through all of his books. Right now, I'm reading The Hour Game. While I was on vacation, I read The Collectors. I've yet to read The Camel Club and several of his other works.

I got the impression that Mr. Baldacci doesn't necessarily approve of Bush admin policies.

Thanks for bringing that newest book to my attention, PT. I'll have to get it at the library asap.

http://www.davidbaldacci.com/web/

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I also love his writing. I can assure you that David has an across the board low opinion of Washingtonian maneuvers, perhaps especially defence contractors.

As a person of great intellect and fine moral standing, you may also rest assured that David is aghast at the Bushbarians.

I used to post on his chat board but seem to have been deleted when he got his new web page. I took the Oliver Stone handle right out of his Camel Club series...which I truly enjoy.