All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: THE PROSECUTION OF GEORGE W. BUSH FOR MURDER
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here's a book that looks very interesting:

THE PROSECUTION OF GEORGE W. BUSH FOR MURDER by Vincent Bugliosi

Quote:
My anger over the war in Iraq, some will say, is palpable. If I sound too angry for some, what should I be greatly angry about -- that a referee gave what I thought was a bad call to my hometown football, basketball, or baseball team, and it may have cost them the game? I don't think so.

Virtually all of us cling desperately to life, either because of our love of life and/ or our fear of death. I'm told there is a passage in a novel by Dostoyevsky in which a character in the story exclaims, "If I were condemned to live on a rock, chained to a rock in the lashing sea, and all around me were ice and gales and storm, I would still want to live. Oh God, just to live, live, live!"

So nothing is as important in life as life and death. We fear and loathe the thought of our own death, even if it's a peaceful one after we've outlived the normal longevity. We fear not only the loss of our own lives, but the lives of our parents and sisters and brothers, as well as our relatives and close friends. We don't think of our children too much in this regard because our children, in the normal scheme of things, are supposed to outlive us. When they die before us, the already hideous nature of death becomes unbearable. And that's when they die a normal and peaceful death from illness. If the death is from an accident, like a car collision, the death of the child, if possible, is even more unbearable.

So one can hardly imagine the gut-tearing pain and horror when the only child of a couple, a nineteen-year-old son, call him Tim, the center of his parents' lives, whom they showered with their love and lived through vicariously in his triumphs on the athletic field and in the classroom, and who was excited as he looked forward to life, planning to wed his high school sweetheart and go on to become a police officer (or lawyer, doctor, engineer, etc.) dies the most horrible of deaths from a roadside bomb in a far-off country, and comes home in a metal box, * his body so shattered that his parents are cautioned by the military not to open it because what is inside ("our Timmy") is "unviewable." (To make the point hit home more with you, can you imagine if it was your son who was killed in Iraq and came home "unviewable" in a box? Yes, your son Scott, or Paul, or Michael, or Ronnie, Todd, Peter, Marty, Sean, or Bobby
.)

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:27 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Authors are some of the bravest folks on the planet.

They would likely get snipped but their fans would have extremely grave suspicions. Other authors also have a lot of power and influence, they would not hesitate to speculate on their suspicions.

Some books are so brave that I feel brave just reading the stuff. I hid one book that was the bravest of them all. Curiously my book on the Mossad called "By Way of Deception" has apparently disappeared despite many efforts. Living alone, there are only so many places it could be.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bugliosi is pretty high-profile and when he writes a book, it's usually a very quick bestseller.

He wrote one about how he would've gone about prosecuting OJ Simpson for the murder of Simpson's wife and Ronald Goldman.

Had Bugliosi been the prosecutor, I believe Simpson would be in prison today.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:45 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

If it is a best seller, it will cost McSame a coupla votes.

I'll be busy for a bit as I read a Daniel Silva novel and got hooked. That night, I bought every book he has ever written from Amazon.

I'm into international relations and he is the international spy/skulduggery guy.

He is also quite brave.

Imagine a world where everybody read books instead of watching Faux news and other 'stuff'.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bugliosi's book came out today...it'll be interesting to see what happens to it and if he's invited onto any of the talk shows or CSPAN's Book Talk.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:57 pm 

Catherine wrote:
Bugliosi is pretty high-profile and when he writes a book, it's usually a very quick bestseller.

He wrote one about how he would've gone about prosecuting OJ Simpson for the murder of Simpson's wife and Ronald Goldman.

Had Bugliosi been the prosecutor, I believe Simpson would be in prison today.

Bugliosi got his chops by getting Charlie Manson and family convicted. If he had prosecuted OJ, he would have never taken the death penalty off the table, except by way a guilty plea bargain. The race card would have never been a factor and the debacle of the two county chase would have been hammered home to show the consciousness of guilt. More than one president has considered him for Attorney General. He has a disdain for incompetence and disregard for the law that does no allow him to approve of the War Chimp and cabal.

He also wrote a piece on the 2000 election entitled "None Dare Call It Treason" where he takes the Supreme Court to task for appointing the War Chimp president.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:01 pm 

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/ ... ent-193168

"...And finally - this Wednesday, June 25th, Vince will be speaking before a group of Progressives in Venice, CA. It will be his first time speaking to a crowd of political allies on this matter. Cspan is set to cover. I'll let you know how it goes and try to pull some video to post.

Thanks to all!
Linda"

http://www.cafepress.com/bootthepnac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:03 pm 

Discount Bugliosi book. Let's make this #1 on Best Seller's list :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new

http://www.cafepress.com/bootthepnac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Let's all purchase a copy! I intend to get one...along with Scott McClellan's book.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman