It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Want a good book?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:33 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A few years back my boyfriend introduced me to an author. I've never been a huge reader, but I tore through the first book until the end of the eight book in the series. Then, it was on to the next seven book series. If you enjoy fantasy books, there's no way you can pass these by. Even if you don't enjoy fantasy, I'd still recommend them. Everyone I've ever mentioned them to has read and loved them. If you enjoy my two favorite series, check out the authors for some of their other work. Sometimes they work together, and sometimes they work seperately. So, here ya go...

Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
:

#1 Favorite:
Dragonlance (8 book series, including...)
Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Dragons of Winter Night
Dragons of Spring Dawning
Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the Twins
The Second Generation
Dragons of Summer Flame

#2 Favorite:
The Death Gate Cycle(7 book series, including...)
Dragon Wing
Elven Star
Fire Sea
Serpent Mage
The Hand of Chaos
Into the Labyrinth
The Seventh Gate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I have read most of their works. I have always been a big fan of fantasy in part because it allowes me a bit of escape, but also, many of the works actually take the events of the world and work them into the story. I think the Lord of the Rings series would be the best known for that.

A series that you may be interested in is the Sword of Truth Series by Terry Goodkind.

Another series that I read, though quite awhile ago, and a bit different in the fantasy world is....trying to remember the name, I think it was called
The Chronicals of Thomas Covenant. I'm sorry, the last name may be wrong, like I said, it was a long time ago.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

CrimsonEagle wrote:
I have read most of their works. I have always been a big fan of fantasy in part because it allowes me a bit of escape, but also, many of the works actually take the events of the world and work them into the story. I think the Lord of the Rings series would be the best known for that.

Glad to hear you've read them! I understand the whold "escape" thing. I actually found my biggest escape while reading the Dragonlace series was in all the amazing dreams I'd have. Soaring on dragons, fighting, running through the crazy world trying to escape...ahhhh... I've never read the Lord of the Rings series, though. I've been told my numerous people that the books were very slow and boring. So, I never got around to them.