It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Good Series
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:01 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thought I'd start a thread so people could mention some great series they've seen. I'm always up for something new.

Firefly was one of my favorite series ever. It was created by Joss Whedon, and origionally aired on FOX, which was the reason it failed. It was cut short before the first season even finished. The main reason why people didn't get into this series when it was on tv was because FOX decided to air the episodes out of order. They aired episode 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 4, 5, 9, 10, 14, then 1, with episodes 11, 12, and 13 never airing. Way to go FOX. ..Anyways, if you haven't seen this series, you should do so. It's amazing.

Band of Brothers was another great series, from HBO. It was written and directed by a few different people, such as Steven Spielberg, and Tom Hanks. It takes place during WWII, shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor. ..I'm not a huge fan of war movies, but this is by far the best war "movie" (series) I've ever seen.
The writers/directors are actually making a new series now, called The Pacific War. Unfortunately, it's not sceduled to come out until June 2007-2008. :( So, in the meantime, go check out Band of Brothers, if you haven't already.

Add to the list, I know I will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Band of Brothers was good....watched every one of them. in fact, HBO has been running them again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ya, their running them again was actually what inspired me to start this thread. I stayed up until 6am last night 'cause I just couldn't stop watching, despite the fact that I've already seen them. It's such a raw, emotional series. ..I won't tell you how many times I teared up in it. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Band of Brothers was and is a good show, however I am unable to watch any movie or show that has that weird stop action or first person stuff in it. It makes me sick.

I have started watching many good movies and television shows, only to be disappointed in the way the action sequences are filmed. Saving Private Ryan was another one and in fact I think the movie that started the craze.

I am watching Firefly now, it is on every Sunday on HD Net I think.

I watched Kojak on USA and wish they would bring that back.

We are also a big fan of 4400, LA Dragnat, The Unit,Jericho and a couple others.